Old 12-15-2008, 12:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go eagles!
Old 12-15-2008, 12:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Blakbird24
YOU might want to read that a little closer...Dallas is sitting in slot 7 BELOW TB and Atlanta. That puts them ONE SLOT out of the playoffs.
Wrong. They are at #5. They beat TB (#6) and TB has a better conference winning percentage over Atlanta (#7).

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/standi...ffrace/bracket

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8...on-ended-today

http://www.chiff.com/recreation/sports/NFL-brackets.htm
Old 12-15-2008, 12:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TNTramair
325...its one game and your makin it seem like they accomplished something....Philly went into Giants stadium a few weeks back and ran all over the Giants...so whats your point?
My point is that your buddy said that whoever picked Dallas over the Giants didn't know the game, so it seems he doesn't know the game, and my main point is that they are not 'finished". They have moved up in the standings every week since he made that idiotic comment, and he still can't publicly admit they aren't finished, even though privately he knows he was wrong..
Old 12-15-2008, 12:55 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by 325trooper
My point is that your buddy said that whoever picked Dallas over the Giants didn't know the game, so it seems he doesn't know the game, and my main point is that they are not 'finished". They have moved up in the standings every week since he made that idiotic comment, and he still can't publicly admit they aren't finished, even though privately he knows he was wrong..
I see you are clinging to the only possible points you have left, so let's get a few things straight here.

First - I did say that whoever picked Dallas over the Giants in that game "didn't know the game of football" (notice I put that in quotes to honor the genius who said it first). Dallas winning last night doesn't change that. Would you say that the Texans beating the Titans means that anyone who picked the Texans to win was smart? No way. There are smart picks and there are gambles that pay off. Both these situations were the latter.

Second - I never said they can't make the playoffs. I said they won't. There is a big difference there, and that is what YOU won't admit too. I'm not going to say that a team CAN'T make the playoffs until they are mathematically eliminated from contention. But I will say that they won't, based on their play so far and the games remaining. This is what is called a statistical elimination. Statistically, they are not going to make the playoffs. Can statistics be wrong? Absolutely...just look at New England last season. I'm simply saying that the statistics are NOT wrong in this case.

There - now you don't have a point. So you can stop wasting our time now.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

I see you are clinging to the only possible points you have left
I have had only one point all along. That they aren't "finished". They're going up in the standings every week. And yes, they are sitting at #5. You were wrong again. Like the OP, you talked **** too soon, now you look stupid lol
Old 12-15-2008, 01:11 PM
Restricted User

I have had only one point all along. That they aren't "finished".
...and i'm telling you they are, you just don't know it yet. Whether it be saturday at Texas Stadium, in two weeks at the Linc, or in the Wild Card round...they will fall. Just like last year...and the year before...and...well you get the point...11 years, and this year will make it 12.

Oh well, maybe next year.

BTW...i'm sure you talk up one of the Cowboys' nicknames alot because it gives you something to talk smack with...but I wonder if you've ever heard the others...here's my personal favorite, and statistically, the one that fits them best...

"Next year's champions"
Old 12-15-2008, 01:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

...and i'm telling you they are
You've told me alot of things. It's just that they turned out to be wrong.

Whether it be saturday at Texas Stadium, in two weeks at the Linc, or in the Wild Card round...they will fall.
I like how you discreetly slipped that in lol. I thought they weren't going to make the playoffs because they are "finished" and only someone who doesn't know the game would pick them to beat the Giants? And aren't they at #7? LMAO
Old 12-15-2008, 01:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

#1 RULE that you must obey in order to be a Cowboy fan....you must allways be in denial.
#2 RULE...when all else fails, bring up the 4 super bowl championships from the early 90's..that allways hits em where it hurts.

cmon...how could they have been moving up every week in the standings when they clearly started near the top before they blundered their season with a few losses...one of which was last week in Pittsburg. lets just see how the next couple weeks pan out...before anymore **** slingin gets done.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

#1 RULE that you must obey in order to be a Cowboy fan....you must allways be in denial.
What am I supposed to be denying? That they are "finished"? If that's the case, every single NFL commentator on television must be a Dallas fan, because you won't find one dumb enough to claim they are finished at this point.

#2 RULE...when all else fails, bring up the 4 super bowl championships from the early 90's..that allways hits em where it hurts.
Show me where I said anything about their three (not 4) championships in the 90's.

cmon...how could they have been moving up every week in the standings when they clearly started near the top before they blundered their season with a few losses...one of which was last week in Pittsburg.
Work on your reading comprehension. I said they have moved up in the standing every week since your buddy was stupid enough to claim they are finished. And they have. So let's get this straight. They were at the top at the beginning of the season, and today they are in the first wildcard slot so they are "finished"?

lets just see how the next couple weeks pan out...before anymore **** slingin gets done.
You directed that towards the wrong person. I didn't predict they would beat any team, I didn't say they were going to win the superbowl, I haven't even said they will be in the playoffs. I said they were not "finished".
Old 12-15-2008, 02:49 PM
11 Second Club

first off, none of the "rules" were directed toward you...it was a generalization. i never said the Cowgirls were "finished"..i just merely beleive that they will go no where in the playoffs yet again, just like the last 15 years.
and my "reading comprehension" Sir, is just fine...you're just having a hard time admitting that your team is and has been in trouble all year. that would be denial. i can admit that my team hasnt played well enough to be in the playoffs this year...it is what it is.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:32 PM
Restricted User

You directed that towards the wrong person. I didn't predict they would beat any team, I didn't say they were going to win the superbowl, I haven't even said they will be in the playoffs. I said they were not "finished".
Noted. Now since we all know what you said, and don't care, please shut the **** up!

first off, none of the "rules" were directed toward you...it was a generalization. i never said the Cowgirls were "finished"..i just merely beleive that they will go no where in the playoffs yet again, just like the last 15 years.
and my "reading comprehension" Sir, is just fine...you're just having a hard time admitting that your team is and has been in trouble all year. that would be denial. i can admit that my team hasnt played well enough to be in the playoffs this year...it is what it is.
...and that, my friend, is the difference between a dallas fan and a fan of any other team in the league. No fan is as delusional as a dallas fan. Every year dallas is a Super Bowl contender...never mind the fact that they haven't won a playoff game in 11 years...it's going to be different this year. Last year they were ripped off by the refs, the other team cheated, or the NFL is fixed and against them. The NFL should just drop the 31 other teams and declare dallas the winner of everything.

This is why it's so much fun to mess with a dallas fan. These exchanges always lead to some downright entertaining claims. Dallas has the worst fans in football hands down. Philly gets a bad rep because they have very vocal fans...but philly fans will be the first to speak up when the eagles are playing like ****. They know where they stand. This is something that dallas fans need to learn.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:09 PM
11 Second Club

^^well they are America's team after all ....so they should win the superbowl every year cause Mr. Jones says so. i will give it to Jerry on one aspect...the man is absessed with winning, one thing us Philly fans wont experiance for a long time cause our owner's more concerned with selling tickets than actually winning the big one. his obsession is really on another level than any other owner, ill give him that.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:50 PM
Restricted User

^^well they are America's team after all ....so they should win the superbowl every year cause Mr. Jones says so. i will give it to Jerry on one aspect...the man is absessed with winning, one thing us Philly fans wont experiance for a long time cause our owner's more concerned with selling tickets than actually winning the big one. his obsession is really on another level than any other owner, ill give him that.
Actually it's the same thing if you zoom out and view the whole picture. Why is Jones obsessed with winning? Because winning sells tickets. Why else do you think his solution to any problem is to throw money at it? He's not obsessed with winning per se, he's obsessed with money, and winning is an easy way to money. His problem is that he lacks the interest in the game itself, and therefore he doesn't buy into the truth that you can have a championship team without a single pro-bowler on the roster. His idea is to simply out-spend everyone else and buy his championships. Unfortunately, it doesn't work like it did before the salary cap. Now you have big money teams like Dallas and New England that still can't win when it matters, and conversely, you have teams like Pitt and Indy that have become powerhouses with only a few big name players on the roster.

That's part of the beauty of football.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:10 PM
On The Tree

Well we all agree on one thing.........

Philly rules..........Hehehehe. Even if they don't make the play off. They're still the team we route for......... And BTW------
TO is their problem now...... Thank God..........
Old 12-16-2008, 06:52 AM
11 Second Club

Ruut Rohhh Reorge......the Eagles won again....they're only half game out. we got some routin to do next weekend but its getting interesting.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:05 AM
12 Second Club

Two wins to finish out the year and a loss by either Tampa and/or Atlanta and they're in.

It's going to be tough against the Skins and Boys.

They shouldn't even be in this position....the retarded loss to the Bears and a tie against the Bengals should've never happened.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:50 AM
TECH Regular

Skins will be NO ISSUE what-so-ever for the Birds. We gave them the first game, and they are falling apart as we speak. It should all set-up nicely for the last week of the season. I'd love to see us go to battle with Dallas for the last playoff spot, but it may not even go down like that. If Atlanta/TB fall off a little more, Dallas may already have a playoff spot by the time we play them. They might be resting starters if that's the case. Either way, I'm liking our playoff chances a lot more now than 4-5 weeks ago.

Go Eagles!
Old 12-16-2008, 10:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Noted. Now since we all know what you said, and don't care, please shut the **** up!
If I was you making all these failed predictions and now looking like a dumbass, I'd want me to shut the **** up too
Old 12-16-2008, 10:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Actually it's the same thing if you zoom out and view the whole picture. Why is Jones obsessed with winning? Because winning sells tickets. Why else do you think his solution to any problem is to throw money at it? He's not obsessed with winning per se, he's obsessed with money, and winning is an easy way to money.
lol, that makes zero sense. Like everything else you posted.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:50 PM
Restricted User

If I was you making all these failed predictions and now looking like a dumbass, I'd want me to shut the **** up too
Well that could possibly mean something if I was the only one, but if you haven't noticed, NO ONE in this thread gives a **** what you have to say. You're so blantantly-biased-blind it's a joke. Your opinions mean nothing.