Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Eagles!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 11:50 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 325trooper
Jesus Christ dude. I never said Dallas was going to the Superbowl. I didn't even say they were going to win a playoff game. I responded to the individual who said they were "finished". And I made a valid comparison.
You said they had a shot because the Giants had the same record this time last year.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Frosty
You said they had a shot because the Giants had the same record this time last year.
No, I said any team not knocked out of the playoffs had a shot You're all over the map here. First you admit they to have a shot, then you tun around and call it a "mystical shot" lol. Are you going on record as saying Dallas has no shot at the playoffs? Orrr.......... what?
Old 11-25-2008, 12:03 PM
12 Second Club

Do they have a shot at the playoffs? Sure. At the Super Bowl? Nope. The only reason I brought up the Super Bowl is because you compared them to the Giants, who won the Super Bowl. Hell the Eagles still mathematically have a shot at the playoffs.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Do they have a shot at the playoffs? Sure. At the Super Bowl? Nope. The only reason I brought up the Super Bowl is because you compared them to the Giants, who won the Super Bowl.
The Giants? You mean the team nobody said had a shot at the Superbowl one year ago? Yeah, that's them. if you knew the game a little better you would know anything can happen in the post season. I see you are spinning away from your "mythical shot" comment at least
Old 11-25-2008, 12:24 PM
12 Second Club

Again, you keep bringing up the Giants. They have nothing to do with the Cowboys inability to win in the playoffs. How do the Giants give the Cowboys the ability to win in the playoffs? The Giants record has nothing to do with the Cowboys. You act like suddenly the Cowboys are some legit super bowl contender because of another teams success last year. Like I said, if another teams success gives you hope then I feel sorry for you, I'd rather have faith in the players on the team rather than some team's success last year My "mythical shot" comment was directed towards the Super Bowl, I never said the Cowboys don't have a shot at the playoffs(others said that).

So to summarize. The Cowboys have a shot to make the playoffs. They aren't a Super Bowl contender until they win a playoff game. The Giants last season has nothing to do with the Cowboys(wow, big coincidence that they had the same 7-4 record). The only reason I brought up the Super Bowl was because you compared them to the Giants of last year. Poor comparison. With all the star power on that team I'd certainly hope you're not satisfied with a playoff berth. With all the $$ spent I'd at least hope for a playoff win(yes, I know, you guys aren't used to it down there).
Old 11-25-2008, 12:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Again, you keep bringing up the Giants.
Because they happen to be the latest example of a 7-4 team nobody expected to do anything who squeaked into the playoffs and won it all.

My "mythical shot" comment was directed towards the Super Bowl
If that is actually true, I don't know why you directed that toward me. I never said Dallas was going to win anything.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:06 PM
12 Second Club

Because they happen to be the latest example of a 7-4 team nobody expected to do anything who squeaked into the playoffs and won it all.

If that is actually true, I don't know why you directed that toward me. I never said Dallas was going to win anything.
The only reason I brought it up is because you're trying to compare the Cowboys to the Giants, that's all. They're really not the same, you can think they're the same team by the records and by what the media says but that's as far as it goes. If they make the playoffs great, with that payroll and big names they damn well better.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

you can think they're the same team by the records..........
...... and the long playoff droughts, the qb's who both lost two playoff games, both 2nd or 3rd in their division in November.............. Of course they aren't the same team but there are a lot of similarities. You can't refute that with any fact. And through all the drama that developed here, all I've been saying is they Dallas is not "finished".
Old 11-25-2008, 01:30 PM
12 Second Club

Stats are just that, stats. It comes down to the players playing. If you want to feel confident about the Cowboys because of some other team's accomplishment then go for it...it just doesn't make sense.

Dallas isn't finished...but making the playoffs isn't really a big feat. They need to play their best football of the year to finish out the season. They have a few teams ahead of them. One or two losses for any of the teams in the hunt could sink them. 10-6 might not be enough this year.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Dallas isn't finished...but making the playoffs isn't really a big feat. They need to play their best football of the year to finish out the season. They have a few teams ahead of them. One or two losses for any of the teams in the hunt could sink them. 10-6 might not be enough this year.
Yes, I know all this. All that matters to me is winning the Superbowl. Every season they don't win it is a failure to me. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what you are disagreeing with me about.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:44 PM
TECH Regular

Old 11-25-2008, 08:20 PM
Restricted User

The point i'm trying to make is very very simple. My point is that the Cowboys season is over. They won't even make the playoffs.

Evidence - Dallas is 7-4. So are Washington, and Atlanta. Both sit above Dallas right now. Furthermore, Carolina is 8-3. So they are actually a game ahead of Dallas with two other teams in between. Dallas does not play ANY of those teams the rest of the season. Furthermore, Dallas DOES play NYG and Pitt. Now i'm not even going to ask a Dallas fan what they think about those games cause I already know what i'm going to hear. But I will say that no one who "knows the game of football" is going to pick the Cowboys in those games. So that's two more losses all but guaranteed. So that means that for Dallas to make the playoffs, two out of the three teams that sit above dallas are going to have to lose AT LEAST three more games, FOUR if we're talking about Carolina. Unlikely if you look at those teams remaining games. Even if the Cowboys magically win all their remaining games, they are still depending on two other teams to lose a game each.

So this is what we call a fairly long shot.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Blakbird24
The point i'm trying to make is very very simple. My point is that the Cowboys season is over. They won't even make the playoffs.

Evidence - Dallas is 7-4. So are Washington, and Atlanta. Both sit above Dallas right now. Furthermore, Carolina is 8-3. So they are actually a game ahead of Dallas with two other teams in between. Dallas does not play ANY of those teams the rest of the season. Furthermore, Dallas DOES play NYG and Pitt. Now i'm not even going to ask a Dallas fan what they think about those games cause I already know what i'm going to hear. But I will say that no one who "knows the game of football" is going to pick the Cowboys in those games. So that's two more losses all but guaranteed. So that means that for Dallas to make the playoffs, two out of the three teams that sit above dallas are going to have to lose AT LEAST three more games, FOUR if we're talking about Carolina. Unlikely if you look at those teams remaining games. Even if the Cowboys magically win all their remaining games, they are still depending on two other teams to lose a game each.

So this is what we call a fairly long shot.
Well I'm glad you give the NFC so much credit thinking so many teams will end up 10-6 or 11-5, but that's the only thing that's been posted that's a fairly long shot lol. You need to study the game a little more. 12 NFC teams are .500 or better. They have to play each other 20 times. That's 20 more losses. And with the schedule this weekend, Dallas could be tied for the second best record in the NFC this Monday morning if they win tomorrow. No, I'm not saying that will be likely. I am saying you're talking **** a little too soon into the season. And BTW, I'm more worried about the Ravens than Pitt.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:30 AM
Launching!

born in texas and lived there a while. let me just say how big of a fan i am of the STEELERS BABY!!

December 7th

My gf is a cowboys fan...some one will be sleeping on the couch

and sense it's my house

its guna be her reguardless
Old 11-26-2008, 08:27 PM
Restricted User

Well I'm glad you give the NFC so much credit thinking so many teams will end up 10-6 or 11-5, but that's the only thing that's been posted that's a fairly long shot lol. You need to study the game a little more. 12 NFC teams are .500 or better. They have to play each other 20 times. That's 20 more losses. And with the schedule this weekend, Dallas could be tied for the second best record in the NFC this Monday morning if they win tomorrow. No, I'm not saying that will be likely. I am saying you're talking **** a little too soon into the season. And BTW, I'm more worried about the Ravens than Pitt.
Talk all you want now, cause just like last year, you are going to have to disappear in january.

I don't understand the mentality of Dallas fans. I've always been pretty good at stepping out of my own shoes and seeing things from other people's perspectives. But Dallas fans still puzzle me. I will be adding this thread to the list of threads that I already have of proof for when the inevitable "what team has the worst fans" thread comes up. I don't think Dallas will ever be surpassed in that regard...maybe by NE fans, but if it didn't happen last year, I don't think it ever will.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:24 AM
TECH Regular

so the eagles have a chance?? haha you guys all suck
Old 11-28-2008, 03:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Talk all you want now, cause just like last year, you are going to have to disappear in january.

I don't understand the mentality of Dallas fans. I've always been pretty good at stepping out of my own shoes and seeing things from other people's perspectives. But Dallas fans still puzzle me. I will be adding this thread to the list of threads that I already have of proof for when the inevitable "what team has the worst fans" thread comes up. I don't think Dallas will ever be surpassed in that regard...maybe by NE fans, but if it didn't happen last year, I don't think it ever will.
Talk all I want now? All I said is they aren't "finished". Which isn't an opinion like your comment, it's an irrefutable fact. As of this moment Dallas is 1/2 game ahead of Atlanta and Washington. There is still a month to go, it's anybodys for the taking, you started your **** talking way too soon. You haven't seen me make one prediction or guarantee for your little "what team has the worst fans" thread. Jesus Christ.
Old 11-28-2008, 07:09 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

who da thunk it? lol
Old 11-28-2008, 09:13 AM
Restricted User

Talk all I want now? All I said is they aren't "finished". Which isn't an opinion like your comment, it's an irrefutable fact. As of this moment Dallas is 1/2 game ahead of Atlanta and Washington. There is still a month to go, it's anybodys for the taking, you started your **** talking way too soon. You haven't seen me make one prediction or guarantee for your little "what team has the worst fans" thread. Jesus Christ.
I never said that it's a fact that they're finished. I'm stating my opinion, which you obviously don't like.

Dallas is 1/2 game ahead of Atlanta and Washington because they've played one game more than both teams at this point. Once Washington and Atlanta play their games this weekend, Dallas will be right back out of contention again. Then after losing to Pitt and NYG in the coming weeks, they'll be cooked, just as I said. No it's not a fact...yet...but it's coming. Personally, I think they'll beat Baltimore without much trouble, and I would have said they'll easily beat Philly too, but after last night, who knows. Dallas could very well finish this season 9-7. What an embarrassment for a team with so much supposed "talent".
Old 11-28-2008, 10:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

I never said that it's a fact that they're finished.
And I said it's a fact that they aren't. And I am correct as we both know.

Dallas is 1/2 game ahead of Atlanta and Washington because they've played one game more than both teams at this point.
No ****. Look up the word "moment".

Once Washington and Atlanta play their games this weekend, Dallas will be right back out of contention again. Then after losing to Pitt and NYG in the coming weeks, they'll be cooked, just as I said. No it's not a fact...yet...but it's coming. Personally, I think they'll beat Baltimore without much trouble, and I would have said they'll easily beat Philly too, but after last night, who knows. Dallas could very well finish this season 9-7. What an embarrassment for a team with so much supposed "talent".
See, the difference between us is you are making predictions and I am posting a fact. When you make predictions with a quarter of the season left and teams a game apart in the standings, you tend to end up looking stupid. I could come in here with my head inflated like yours and predict Dallas will blow out Philly and call McNabb a homo and swear the Steelers will lose to Dallas because their defense isn't good enough like Steve Mariucci did yesterday. But I'm not going to to that. I'll just say my team isn't "finished". The good thing is there is no chance the ESPN will ever ask you for a job with your limited knowledge of the game.