Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

New Pb tonite at atco

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008 | 06:19 AM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
Congrats on the new best. 11s next time out for sure!

According to two seperate hand held weather stations the DA was -200' at 9:30 pm. Not sure where you are getting it numbers from.

The fact that you guys get a Negative DA should count against you. It enables for PB's in Fall and even the winter that can never be touched anywhere else, even in the same time of year. Love to see do the same up here at LVD. Which will not happen. As stated. Magic Air
Old 10-09-2008 | 06:55 AM
Race your car!
20 Year Member

DA @ lebanon will get close to zero, but with the alt. being 690 feet, that would be -690 air there.

BS middle of november we will take a trip with your car if you've got it ready, and you will see an 11.

Last time we were at lvd, the DA was about 800 fwiw.
Old 10-09-2008 | 07:05 AM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
DA @ lebanon will get close to zero, but with the alt. being 690 feet, that would be -690 air there.

BS middle of november we will take a trip with your car if you've got it ready, and you will see an 11.

Last time we were at lvd, the DA was about 800 fwiw.
Sounds like a plan, id love to get trailered down there, just incase.
Old 10-09-2008 | 07:18 AM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Sounds like a plan, id love to get trailered down there, just incase.
Eaxactly... what prevents you from going to E-Town/Atco/Cecil/MIR? NOTHING

We should have "points deducted" because of where we live? thats the dumbest statement I ever heard... well... close to it at least... I mean I have been on this forum since the beginning... and people have said some stupid ****...

but thats up there...

Old 10-09-2008 | 07:33 AM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
Eaxactly... what prevents you from going to E-Town/Atco/Cecil/MIR? NOTHING

We should have "points deducted" because of where we live? thats the dumbest statement I ever heard... well... close to it at least... I mean I have been on this forum since the beginning... and people have said some stupid ****...

but thats up there...

Jesh, I meant that as a joke, and when ever I get a chance I do joke about the air quality. I'm breaking some *****, get OVER it.

But you take it so ******* seriously its rather sad.

It is plain obvious that you don't go up north much, its the traffic, 2 hours down 6 hours back (at minimum). I'd hate to break down there. I've owned a few cars and until I get towed down there by JL, I drive there with all my **** in the back and set up at the track and often no one is avalible to make the trip down.

Btw, I still call it magic air. If I get my 11, id be psyched but I will still say my 12.3x at LVD until that gets lowered, is my true time. If I get to the track in the next 2 weeks I think I can pull off a 12.1 at LVD and maybe a 11.9 at Atco, or even E-town.
Old 10-09-2008 | 07:57 AM
Race your car!
20 Year Member

I can tell you that going to atco or etown in november is a solid .3 and 3 mph over what you will see @ lvd. I took my car there last year, went 9.6, and struggled to get a 9.9 out of it in the exact same trim it was in when I went to atco last year, only changes being the safety stuff, and enough weight taken out so it was about a wash.

That being said, I don't deduct from what people run when they're down there that time of year, but I do try to talk people into running up our way in the summer heat... noone will come do it.

I say run where you can, and ya run what ya run, but don't live in the illusion that your car that runs xxx in november at atco or etown is faster then a guy that runs a 1/2 second off that in the middle of the summer up north, becuase ya both line up on the same day at the same track you might be in for a surprise.
Old 10-09-2008 | 07:05 PM
11 Second Club

Okay guys I do not pump my chest and brag that I have an 11 sec. car..........but first off anyone that comes to atco will have that same magic air and run some great times and personal bests, I run my car all year summertime too and when it doesnt run great numbers i don't complain I just know why and that we are all on the same playing field. What I am proud of and still pleasantly surprised is that how strong my car runs for the limited mods that it has, to me that is what its all about bang for the buck! you go as fast as your pocket allows, i just can't put alot of money into it maybe one day so for now I'll just keep having fun doing it this way. And anyone that comes to atco and runs a great number I'll be the first one to come up and congratulate them, I like to see everyone run as well as they can. JL I met you last year at a track rental and love your car, you were cool, and props to you on your pinks showing at E-town.
Old 10-09-2008 | 07:43 PM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by DadsZ28
Okay guys I do not pump my chest and brag that I have an 11 sec. car..........but first off anyone that comes to atco will have that same magic air and run some great times and personal bests, I run my car all year summertime too and when it doesnt run great numbers i don't complain I just know why and that we are all on the same playing field. What I am proud of and still pleasantly surprised is that how strong my car runs for the limited mods that it has, to me that is what its all about bang for the buck! you go as fast as your pocket allows, i just can't put alot of money into it maybe one day so for now I'll just keep having fun doing it this way. And anyone that comes to atco and runs a great number I'll be the first one to come up and congratulate them, I like to see everyone run as well as they can. JL I met you last year at a track rental and love your car, you were cool, and props to you on your pinks showing at E-town.
And Sorry for hijacking the post, and certainly congratz are in order. I'll let ebveryone know when we are coming down so they can see what's goign to happen with my crap.
Old 10-09-2008 | 09:31 PM
11 Second Club

My best is at Atco, last year in October and again in November! I'll be there for November 1st this year too trying to do it all over again and better! It's even easier now that I have my own trailer... Cecil County was fun last weekend!
Old 10-09-2008 | 09:51 PM
Race your car!
20 Year Member

Thanks man, and then you've seen the proof, car spinning and leaving like **** at atco was 9.6's last year, this year it was a fight and a half to get it to run 9.9 @ lvd leaving good...

It's a good .4 and 4 mph faster @ atco in november then it is at LVD during the normal season, I've seen it/lived it.

I may try to get there myself, if I can run a 9.55 @ 142 @ lvd, be neat to see how close to an 8 second pass I can get by going down there.
Old 10-10-2008 | 12:14 AM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Lightbulb

The fact that you guys get a Negative DA should count against you. It enables for PB's in Fall and even the winter that can never be touched anywhere else, even in the same time of year. Love to see do the same up here at LVD. Which will not happen. As stated. Magic Air
Btw, I still call it magic air. If I get my 11, id be psyched but I will still say my 12.3x at LVD until that gets lowered, is my true time. If I get to the track in the next 2 weeks I think I can pull off a 12.1 at LVD and maybe a 11.9 at Atco, or even E-town.
Next time you run some numbers at LVD and post it I'm going to be sure to point out that it should count against you (even if only jokingly ) because the guys out in Colorado and New Mexico would KILL to be able to race up there and of course THEIR times would be faster as well.

See where I'm going with this?
Old 10-10-2008 | 06:24 AM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Next time you run some numbers at LVD and post it I'm going to be sure to point out that it should count against you (even if only jokingly ) because the guys out in Colorado and New Mexico would KILL to be able to race up there and of course THEIR times would be faster as well.

See where I'm going with this?
Well living out in the middle of no where is their problem.

Even though were are reletivily in the middle of Epping, Atco, E town and LVD. It's still simple logistics. LVD is in a unique position due to there are better tracks but getting there is half the battle.

3-4 hours of total driving, w/ no trailer to LVD is ALOT better then 8 hours of driving further away w/ no trailer.

I, like JL still invite anyone to come up here and run their **** and see what # goes up on the board in the summer. Because I can tell yea, its not going to be anywhere near the PB nor even their normal consistant times. Don't worry because none of them are going to bother, they already know whats going to happen.
Old 10-10-2008 | 07:42 AM
Race your car!
20 Year Member

Noone wants the reality check of what I would consider "normal" track conditions and air.

To the unknowing people which is the majority, they hear a car goes 11.9, 9.6, 10.4 whatever and they think wow that's fast in comparison to thecars that they are used to seeing... but little to they realize the cars they usually see are running in the 3000 da conditions that are typical of the summer at most places.

Little do people know, these cars that they read about have never seen anything over 0 da, and they don't understand what kind of a differnce that makes.

There's probably guys in arizona that if they were to come here they'd be waxing our asses because they're runnning a 1/2 second slower in 2 second slower air.
Old 10-10-2008 | 12:21 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Lightbulb

Well living out in the middle of no where is their problem.
No offense, but couldn't us Atco/Englishtown/Cecil dwellers say the SAME EXACT thing about you guys?
It is what it is, you either run the car there and deal with it or pick your asses up and make the drive. Making excuses and riding the geography bandwagon isn't going to fix anything.

I, like JL still invite anyone to come up here and run their **** and see what # goes up on the board in the summer. Because I can tell yea, its not going to be anywhere near the PB nor even their normal consistant times. Don't worry because none of them are going to bother, they already know whats going to happen.
And I still invite YOU to go out to Colorado or New Mexico in the summer and run YOUR **** and see if what number goes up on the board.

You saying **** like that to us is NO DIFFERENT than the people in those states saying it to you.
Goes both ways.
Old 10-10-2008 | 12:27 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Noone wants the reality check of what I would consider "normal" track conditions and air.

To the unknowing people which is the majority, they hear a car goes 11.9, 9.6, 10.4 whatever and they think wow that's fast in comparison to thecars that they are used to seeing... but little to they realize the cars they usually see are running in the 3000 da conditions that are typical of the summer at most places.

Little do people know, these cars that they read about have never seen anything over 0 da, and they don't understand what kind of a differnce that makes.

There's probably guys in arizona that if they were to come here they'd be waxing our asses because they're runnning a 1/2 second slower in 2 second slower air.
I don't necessarily disagree with you but again it is what it is.
The number on the time slip IS the number that the car ran, period.
Old 10-10-2008 | 01:07 PM
Internet Mechanic

No offense, but couldn't us Atco/Englishtown/Cecil dwellers say the SAME EXACT thing about you guys?
It is what it is, you either run the car there and deal with it or pick your asses up and make the drive. Making excuses and riding the geography bandwagon isn't going to fix anything.
You could say that, but what you would be saying is "Wow, you did a awesome time at such a crappy track with horrible air, you will be faster if you come down here" Which is normally what everyone says, its up there when comparing Dynojets to Mustang dynos.

If you read, I haven't really made an excuse, I simply stated that it is a long drive, not including the racing, and its not something I, or anyone else will be doing on a weekly basis.

It is certainly is what it is, Atco is the FASTEST track in the country, its the one where RECORDS are broken, not really anywhere else..... So when I post my new PB that I will be getting, I am sure it will be a Acto timeslip and I am sure it wont change until I get back there next November

And I still invite YOU to go out to Colorado or New Mexico in the summer and run YOUR **** and see if what number goes up on the board.

You saying **** like that to us is NO DIFFERENT than the people in those states saying it to you.
Goes both ways.
No, see, your getting pissed.

I make my point based on so many good tracks with in a 1 days driving distance but to make it feasible and frankly affordable, LVD seems to be our track of choice.

I frankly have nothing to prove you or anyone else, if anything I will prove that I can put up a better PB down in the Jersy tracks then I can in the upstate NY track. Aside from me breaking the car, it has an 11.9x at Atco in the very good air but as it stand in LVD I dont see it doing that.

Conclusion:

People don't like the fact that if that car got towed to the other 90% of tracks out there, that they wont put up a # that reflected their PB, if your not racing for trophies or money, then its for bragging rights. Welp I sure wouldnt be waving a Atco 11 sec slip and see my *** get imberrased running 12.3's and 12.4's almost anywhere else. And if that be the case why would I spend my hard earned money for gas, food, lodging, and time to go slower. If fastest time is the only thing that matters.

What I will say is the scope of the post has clearly been overtaken and what I will say is I will announce when I am going, everyone is free to come see us and lets see what my car can do with BETTER air quality.

But as far as responses, someone else can make a new post about it.

Last edited by BlackScreaminMachine; 10-10-2008 at 01:30 PM.
Old 10-10-2008 | 05:40 PM
11 Second Club

Wow I didn't think this thread would blow up like this! I'm sure there are other fast tracks in the country I can't see atco being the fastest but like I said I know my car is not an 11 sec. car but if I ran it up there and ran 12.30s and hung with cars running the same with more mods it would still be an accomplishment wouldn't it? We are still racing at the same track as each other whether its atco or lvd. Like I said before I am very realistic about my cars performance, hell I was happy when I ran 12.20s in august!
Old 10-10-2008 | 05:46 PM
8 Second Club

Congrats Greg on the new PB!!!!!
Old 10-10-2008 | 06:09 PM
Internet Mechanic

Wow I didn't think this thread would blow up like this! I'm sure there are other fast tracks in the country I can't see atco being the fastest but like I said I know my car is not an 11 sec. car but if I ran it up there and ran 12.30s and hung with cars running the same with more mods it would still be an accomplishment wouldn't it? We are still racing at the same track as each other whether its atco or lvd. Like I said before I am very realistic about my cars performance, hell I was happy when I ran 12.20s in august!

Yea like I said, some people get a lil ruffled when they hear things they dont like. But with that said, I do apologize, I know how it is to have threads hijacked. I did a PD at LVD pulling a wheel and the majority of the post where about how much it sucked a Ford GT blew to pieces at the end of the track.

If anyone wants to respond to me, just bring it to PM, i got plenty of room.
Old 10-11-2008 | 02:58 AM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Lightbulb

Atco is the FASTEST track in the country, its the one where RECORDS are broken, not really anywhere else.....
No, actually it isn't the fastest.
HRP (Houston Raceway Park) is considered by many to be the fastest and IT ALSO is where numerous personal records are broken.
So is Milan Daragway in Michigan and Cecil County Dragway in Maryland.
Bradenton (Florida) is UNIVERSALLY known as THE STICKIEST track in the world.
I don't want to keep beating this to death and perpetuate the thread hijacking, just wanted to point that out.

I'm sure there are other fast tracks in the country I can't see atco being the fastest
There absolutely are MANY others.
Atco is fast no doubt but some people HAVE also run faster at LVD than they have at Atco as well, though not likely in the same/similar air temps.