Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Turkey Rod Run-Daytona Beach

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got back from daytona. I was at the bel air plaza from noon to 9 pm saturday. Met up with a few buds. Went cruising around and stopped at the stake & shake till everyone was pulling out. Wound up the cops showed up and kept me for 20mins. But everything is fine. Had a blast thousands of cars and people.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:23 PM
Staging Lane

I went yesterday. I didn't goto the speedway, I always go to that publix plaza... la playa? Not sure... Got over there sat around 3pm, my camaro was all shiney with the new Nitto 555r's on the back... Saw alot of nice cars. Out cruising around 8PM on A1A and the charge level goes way down and the check gauges light came on. So someone said go down international blvd and theres something down there... It was a closed napa... So I went to the sears autocenter to see if they could run a diagnostics on my alternator (at this point my ABS light is coming on and lights are dim) well they were closing... Then the injectors and pump cut out and she died. Went into mall... Asked around and someone said walk west a half mile and there is a pepboys... It was more like 2 miles and it was closing so I managed to get a battery... ( wishful hoping )... Stick it in and it was enough to get down the road where someone told me there was a autozone.. He ran it and of course alternator.. I bought the LAST one... Called my buddy chris who had his race truck over there AND his floorjack and tools... Wow he sure saved my ***!
I rly am pissed GM put the alternator in such a PITA place... So I got it done by like 12:30 and in the process the thing one wired harness broke... So we had to use a stick to shove it in there so it would charge... And I managed to limp it home.

I have been looking forward all year and it was cut short

Started the car this morning to move it and now the SES is on and the belt was squeeking? Weird.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:03 AM
12 Second Club

Just got back home to Ohio about 1:30am today...very long drive home....
Had a Blast at the Turkey Rod Run...Hope to do it again in the future!!!!
Old 12-01-2008, 10:02 AM
10 Second Club

Received 61 Likes on 28 Posts

I had a blast losing to every Ls1 car i raced. I have to get my Ls3 going before next years Rod Run!!
Old 12-01-2008, 04:57 PM
Teching In

loved the shows but the swap meet wasnt that good only for the reson that peaple were trying to sell at almost retail and not make any deals.Seemed like alot of them left with alot of what they came with, but owell. i loved no matter where you went all the traffic was kool *** cars. i felt like my car was a POS tho compared to the rest of them lol
Old 12-01-2008, 05:27 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by raymond mckinney
I had a blast losing to every Ls1 car i raced. I have to get my Ls3 going before next years Rod Run!!
Was that your black 4th gen Camaro at Stake n Shake??
Old 12-01-2008, 06:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by enzostuk
loved the shows but the swap meet wasnt that good only for the reson that peaple were trying to sell at almost retail and not make any deals.Seemed like alot of them left with alot of what they came with, but owell. i loved no matter where you went all the traffic was kool *** cars. i felt like my car was a POS tho compared to the rest of them lol
Ya, the swapmeet prices suxord this year!
I stayed out at the hilton on the beach right down from the publix, we went up there Friday night, it was insane. Johnny Law was out pulling peeps for motor revving, how ghey.
All in all decent show this year, not sure if I'll be going next year, might hit moultrie instead. I can drive there and back in a day.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:13 PM
Launching!

i didn't mind the swap meet. Picked up a set of eibach springs and bilstien shocks for 140.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:37 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Caveman
Was that your black 4th gen Camaro at Stake n Shake??
Ya that was me, cam only 100 shot.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:54 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by raymond mckinney
Ya that was me, cam only 100 shot.
Sorry I didn't get to talk to you , that was me in the silver Formula. We deffinately had a good time Sat night. Damn there was lots of badass cars at the Stake n Shake at least 20 of those cars were 8sec- 9sec streetcars, that black Rambler was supposedly tuned by Steve Petty and has run 7.5s @ 190+ and is set up for street racing.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:33 AM
Staging Lane

Sorry I didn't get to talk to you , that was me in the silver Formula. We deffinately had a good time Sat night. Damn there was lots of badass cars at the Stake n Shake at least 20 of those cars were 8sec- 9sec streetcars, that black Rambler was supposedly tuned by Steve Petty and has run 7.5s @ 190+ and is set up for street racing.
That one on Nova Rd? lol I was over there in front of the chinese buffet changing out my alternator.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:07 AM
On The Tree

I was there every single day, the show was always awesome. Went to the la plaza every night from 4 until 10. I saw hardly any SS camaros'. There was one for sale in the show, 9000 grand for an auto. I saw some sick Mustangs. And i saw that 2 tone Camaro that was posted above. If you thought that was the coolest one you saw, you were missing ****. There was a black 69 with a Big block LS, 22 and 20's all the way around and insane interior work. Tons of Blower cars as well.

The cool alcohol pro mods at the la plaza were amazing.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:51 PM
10 Second Club

Ya i seen the Rambler he told me it dynod 1700+wheel!! I had a blast and i'm sure i'll see u around somewhere, need2speed event or something.

Quick Reply: Turkey Rod Run-Daytona Beach