Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Christmas

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 05:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Christmas

My parents have asked me what i want for christmas and i really have no idea what to tell them. i showed them a better ip camera for surveillance but i may be moving back home too so then that would be kinda pointless. car wise im not sure what to ask for i want shocks and springs but the GF tells me to wait till summer to make sure were ok financially and then she will help pay for them.

So what should i ask for ive thought about SFC but not sure if I should get those or not also told the GF she could look into recovering my seats. my parents usually spend around $250 on me so give me some ideas guys on what to ask for.

Last edited by SSJIMMY; 12-01-2008 at 09:37 AM.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Well I have 2 front black leather seat outta my ss for sale. Other wise the SFC arent a bad choice eaither. Especially for down the road if you really decide to mod the car.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ive got the tan interior
Old 11-30-2008, 09:00 AM
On The Tree

I would say a detail kit from tropi-care cause that's what I'm working on from my parents lol....Trying to get the porter cable and a few compounds as my paint looks like crap from years of abuse and never being detailed good by the original owner...
Old 12-01-2008, 09:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

good idea Russ my paint is so far gone though but ill think about that one anybody else got some ideas.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:18 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about gift cards to places like Wal Mart or Publix, etc? That way in the future if you ever have a lean week - you know you've got groceries, etc. That's generally what my folks get every year. I am a one man show at my house, I pay the mortgage, etc, etc, etc. So it definately helps.

Just a thought, I know it's nice to get something car-related. But it's also nice to have a back up plan with times being so tough right now.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Turbo and or some spray.

LSX swap for 427 small block
Old 12-02-2008, 01:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I know you mentioned SFC and I see you already have LCAs, how bout a Torque Arm? UMI and BMR are both having sales right now, I'm pretty sure. It would probably come around the $250 that they normally spend too.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RsSean
Turbo and or some spray.

LSX swap for 427 small block
sure Sean maybe if it was $25,000 instead of $250
Old 12-02-2008, 04:16 PM
Banned

I'm on the same road as you man. I just asked for a couple video games I want, a Tropi-Care deluxe detailing kit, and some Blu-Ray movies. I really don't care if I get anything or not, I know my parents took a bad hit this year with the economy so I would never ask of anything from them. I listed all the expensive stuff I wanted and gave that to my girlfriend!
Old 12-02-2008, 07:54 PM
Staging Lane

Please your girl and ask for cash and do something nice (concert tickets for you both?) ... then stash the rest and put it away to secure your near-term future. You already have a nice car and mods can wait, momentarily ... just a suggestion from all the mistakes I have made in life. Be smart and ask for the cash gift, or, as stated, Publix gift certificates ... your girl is important, so, do what she asks if you wanna' keep her.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by FullBoreTA
Please your girl and ask for cash and do something nice (concert tickets for you both?) ... then stash the rest and put it away to secure your near-term future. You already have a nice car and mods can wait, momentarily ... just a suggestion from all the mistakes I have made in life. Be smart and ask for the cash gift, or, as stated, Publix gift certificates ... your girl is important, so, do what she asks if you wanna' keep her.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ended up asking for a few small things mostly interior pieces that need to be replaced my GF said she spent $30 bucks on me and that's all im getting so we will see what that is. she always freaks out though and thinks we don't have any money but whatever. hope everyone has a good Christmas.

Quick Reply: Christmas