Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Recommend me a hotel and where to go in Florida!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009 | 02:29 PM
Launching!

Default Recommend me a hotel and where to go in Florida!

Sun, fun and people in shorts! Ill be in FL on vacation for like 4-5 days in the middle of march and want some recommendations of where to go and a hotel/motel to stay at. Will be there with family and just relax and enjoy the sun, beach etc. Whats a good place for that? We want to go somewhere on the eastcoast, we have been thinking about Miami, Ft Lauderdale or West palm beach? What do you think?
And if someone know a hotel/motel would be great, we are just gonna sleep there so doesent have to be fancy or anything. A motel is fine, just dont want cockroaches and **** lol

Thanks!
Old 02-14-2009 | 07:51 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by krill
Sun, fun and people in shorts! Ill be in FL on vacation for like 4-5 days in the middle of march and want some recommendations of where to go and a hotel/motel to stay at. Will be there with family and just relax and enjoy the sun, beach etc. Whats a good place for that? We want to go somewhere on the eastcoast, we have been thinking about Miami, Ft Lauderdale or West palm beach? What do you think?
And if someone know a hotel/motel would be great, we are just gonna sleep there so doesent have to be fancy or anything. A motel is fine, just dont want cockroaches and **** lol

Thanks!
Screw south Florida. Pricey, full of wanna be's, and.. I won't get into it. Not exactly "for the kids". Cocoa Beach sounds like the place maybe. Good beaches, close to Orlando Attractions, Kennedy Space Center is right there, Daytona Attractions are close as well. At this time take your pick at accomodations, everybody is hungry and willing to make a deal. I live in the Daytona area, so I kinda know. Hope this helps.
Old 02-14-2009 | 07:54 AM
11 Second Club

i would also look into anna maria island over on the west coast of FL. very secluded small beach town feel to not so "touristy"
Old 02-14-2009 | 07:58 AM
On The Tree

Yeah I live in Miami... I hate it... Do me a favor and don't bring your kids here.
Old 02-14-2009 | 09:24 AM
Staging Lane

What about the gulf coast? Heard they have been cleaning it up nicely
Old 02-14-2009 | 09:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

go to naples. boring *** town. but its nice, clean, and great beaches.
Old 02-14-2009 | 10:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

If you come to Palm Beach Gardens area, I got a nice hilton homewood suites I can get you descent deals on (rooms have kitchen, and are really nice esp if your taking a vacation)
Old 02-14-2009 | 04:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2nd Gen Fl 'bird
Screw south Florida. Pricey, full of wanna be's, and.. I won't get into it. Not exactly "for the kids". Cocoa Beach sounds like the place maybe. Good beaches, close to Orlando Attractions, Kennedy Space Center is right there, Daytona Attractions are close as well. At this time take your pick at accomodations, everybody is hungry and willing to make a deal. I live in the Daytona area, so I kinda know. Hope this helps.
There's nothing wrong with south florida , brotha. There's wannabe's everywhere and spare us all a favor by not getting into it.

If he heads down to miami, there's a bunch of scenic tours, head over to star island, a bunch of zoo's, the miami seaquarium, the everglades(ft. lauderdale) etc..
Old 02-15-2009 | 08:49 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ImTheCeo
There's nothing wrong with south florida , brotha. There's wannabe's everywhere and spare us all a favor by not getting into it.

If he heads down to miami, there's a bunch of scenic tours, head over to star island, a bunch of zoo's, the miami seaquarium, the everglades(ft. lauderdale) etc..
Sorry dude, didn't mean anything to offend you. You're right, South Fl. is pretty cool and a lot to do. I shouldn't categorize a few unscrupulous business people with the whole joint. Just a high concentration of people in aircraft that will "bend you over" without a kiss, if you know what I mean. Apologies to all.
Old 02-15-2009 | 09:19 AM
TECH Resident

sand key @clearwater has nice beaches -the sheraton isa nice placeto stay
Old 02-15-2009 | 10:39 AM
11 Second Club

go to del boca vista, lol
Old 02-15-2009 | 12:03 PM
Former Vendor - No longer Vendor

O-Town or bust. Orlando is like a massive hub to everywhere. Its about an hour to an hour and a half to either side of Florida for the beaches, it has most of the major theme parks, lots of hotels, a massive gm crowd, a very nice night life for you and your other to enjoy, Florida's nicest airport if you flying in, easy to get to any other major city. Its a verey fun place to visit.
Old 02-15-2009 | 12:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by jsteele90
go to del boca vista, lol
I love that episode...lol

Seriously though, if you're in the Miami area, look into Overtown and Liberty City. There's so much for tourists to do there, such as: Dodging crack ******, hopscotching human feces on the sidewalk, and the always popular; back alley rapist run...that one always gets me.
Old 02-15-2009 | 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

no one likes the pbg idea.....great beaches, quiet scenic area, international airport. close to -95 and turnpike....be in orlando or miami in about an hour.
Old 02-15-2009 | 11:12 PM
12 Second Club

Beaches in Fla??? put a blind fold on, point anywheres on a florida and chances are, your not too far away from a beach.... LOL

From everything that I have ever heard, people tend to like the gulf coast for beaches. Naples and Sanibel are not to far away from each other and are nice, you also have Boca Grande (also some of the worlds best fishing. Trophy tarpon, monster snook, giant goliath grouper, and plenty of charters to make for an exciting fishing day or yoru trip is free). There is plenty to do in the Naples/Fort Myers area's but its all in what you are looking for. Relaxing wise I say Naples, hands down. If you are looking to be close to the great nightlife, Orlando can be really fun. Nicest site I have seen from a beach has to be in the Jupiter area (East coast not to far from west palm). You really need to specify what you are looking for out of your stay, just saying beaches, leaves you open to pretty much the whole state.
Old 02-22-2009 | 12:23 PM
Launching!

oo ****, I forgot about this thread. Thanks guys!
I dont have kids, I AM the kid in the family! lol im 22 and im going with parents and my 17 yrs old brohter. (We are all from Sweden) We have made up our minds and we are going to Fort Lauderdale beach.. Staying at a hotel right at the beach.

Thanks anyway!
Old 02-22-2009 | 12:55 PM
11 Second Club

You'll have a good time in Ft. Lauderdale. Enjoy Florida!
Old 02-22-2009 | 02:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2nd Gen Fl 'bird
I agree, Central Florida is where its at
Old 02-23-2009 | 02:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Skinny
You'll have a good time in Ft. Lauderdale. Enjoy Florida!
Thank you, really looking forward to some sun and fun!

Originally Posted by Snipez
I agree, Central Florida is where its at
Ive been in Orlando some years ago and it was awesome, Disney world etc. This time we wanted some of the beach!
Old 02-24-2009 | 07:27 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by prochargedchevyi
I love that episode...lol

Seriously though, if you're in the Miami area, look into Overtown and Liberty City. There's so much for tourists to do there, such as: Dodging crack ******, hopscotching human feces on the sidewalk, and the always popular; back alley rapist run...that one always gets me.
Kinda what I was getting at earlier but, hurt somebody's feelings.

Quick Reply: Recommend me a hotel and where to go in Florida!