Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

anyone in miami who self-tunes?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 01:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone in miami who self-tunes?

just wondering who in south florida does their own tune, which software are you using, how hard was it to learn how to use the software
Old 02-25-2009, 12:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did my lastest tune from scratch using EFILive, lots of reading the EFILive forum will help plus I've had Jeremy Formto tune the car previously so I was fortunate enough to get alot of good info from him. Might not be a bad idea to pay a tuner to tune your car with your software but take advantage of his insight so you can later expand on what you learn and eventually tune it yourself. Although my WS6 is the first GM I've tuned myself I did have previous tuning experience so it wasn't so 'other world' for me off the bat.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by stangslayer98
just wondering who in south florida does their own tune, which software are you using, how hard was it to learn how to use the software
You should PM maxgee,

He has a turbo Camaro, has HP Tuners, and I believe he has also read Dan Maslic's (from Masport Speed Shop) recently released book on tuning... He lives close to us in Homestead.

I would love to get into that, but money's tight right now for me and all those software tuning programs are not cheap.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:38 PM
On The Tree

Your right about it not being cheap hptuner one was $545 shiped hah I hesitated on hitting confirm order plus I have doubts about being able to tune the car
Old 03-11-2009, 04:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by stangslayer98
Your right about it not being cheap hptuner one was $545 shiped hah I hesitated on hitting confirm order plus I have doubts about being able to tune the car

If you can read and are patient, you can do it.
If you need help, send me a pm.

Quick Reply: anyone in miami who self-tunes?