Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Official Polk County thread!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011 | 06:36 PM
TECH Regular

Dude some srt 4 hit a 2 step rev limiter as I was leaving so I pulled up next to em and hit my trans brake and spooled it to 4000 k to my 2 step. Lol, some kid was like "he can't even spin his tires" not knowing what was going on. Then I just did a quick holeshot and lefted. Thought that was kinda funny.
Stupid ricers.
Old 05-15-2011 | 07:51 PM
11 Second Club

Got my car back this afternoon. Here's a quick little startup video. Sorry for the sound, it was recorded with a phone.
http://youtu.be/fqQd9DJw4to
Old 05-15-2011 | 09:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by badhombre
what kind of experience do you have? if you were going to be closer and had somewhat related experience, I actually need a technician at my Servpro branch

Where are you located?

Servepro here is a home restoration company, water/fire etc, is that what it is there also?

B.S in Criminal Justice with emphasis in Administration and Corrections. 1999
6 yrs working with youth in a residential facility (everything except 1st degree murderers).
5 years working with the disabled population with employment placement services.
7 years of retail --I got into low level management at Wal-Mart (Support Manager/Tech of the TLE (while I was pursueing my B.S degree ).
Grew up in the construction world (family business), worked it for a few years. Houses, garages and pole barns (Implement/machinery).

I do have a great resume if anyone can suggest anywhere I can send it too.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Blu99T/A; 05-15-2011 at 09:21 PM.
Old 05-15-2011 | 09:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mike 02T/A
Got my car back this afternoon. Here's a quick little startup video. Sorry for the sound, it was recorded with a phone.
Swweeettt bring it to lakeland dragstrip!!!
Originally Posted by Blu99T/A
Where are you located?
Servepro here is a home restoration company, water/fire etc, is that what it is there also?
I do have a great resume if anyone can suggest anywhere I can send it too.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Lakeland Dragstrip thursday night would be a great place to talk about this.
of course you did. damn I missed it. my car is down for a tranny rebuild or I would have been out. I was at the mercy of the g/f last night so I had to go where she wanted. I will be back out there next sat
Ive built a few 4l60's and i have two great builder freinds form working at my dealership. So if you need any help tell me. and COME TO LAKELAND DRAGSTRIP!

I wanna see a f-body turnout
Old 05-15-2011 | 09:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

BLINGOLE- I would, I am just not down there yet. We are leaving here either the 6th or the 13th of June, find out definite tomorrow.
Old 05-15-2011 | 10:10 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Blu99T/A
BLINGOLE- I would, I am just not down there yet. We are leaving here either the 6th or the 13th of June, find out definite tomorrow.
ahh poo.

well hurry up!
Old 05-15-2011 | 11:00 PM
TECH Regular

assuming my tranny reinstall goes as planned tomorrow and everything seems to check out good I will be down for the track thursday night.

and blu99t/a yes I am a water and fire damage restoration technician. sounds to me like with your education and experience though you could probably find something more suited and probably better paying. don't get me wrong I make decent money for going in and sucking water out of houses, but with your degree and such I would imagine you could find something more "on your level" you know. maybe check with the polk county courthouse and see if the have anything or reccomendations. the main courthouse is located in Bartow, which is where my office is also. you'll find most of polk county revolves around lakeland and bartow
Old 05-16-2011 | 03:21 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike 02T/A

Nice Mike!!! Car sounds goooood. NOW GET IT TO THE TRACK THIS THURSDAY!!!! That is if it does not rain.

I will be going to the track thursday night so lets see if we can get a few people to show up.

We need to get everyone together at a different location one Saturday night and have all of us roll into Book's at once then see if any how many of them rev there motors!
Old 05-17-2011 | 05:28 PM
TECH Regular

sounds like a plan. some friends and I normally get together at bubbaques or winghouse before we roll out to books. we could do something like that. there is a hooters and winghouse in close proximity. I do have to say there is a honda out there that will be a decent run for a serious bolt on or cammed car. I won't run him... yet
Old 05-17-2011 | 07:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 2camaros6702
Nice Mike!!! Car sounds goooood. NOW GET IT TO THE TRACK THIS THURSDAY!!!! That is if it does not rain.

I will be going to the track thursday night so lets see if we can get a few people to show up.

We need to get everyone together at a different location one Saturday night and have all of us roll into Book's at once then see if any how many of them rev there motors!
I'm dow fo books and meeting before whereever with y'all.
I spent tonight trying to set my car up for thursday night. Kinda scared about lanchin hard since I got stock u joints and a stock driveshaft with no safety loop. Also my 9inch center section isn't nodular so I'm paranoid.

Hey maybe some u guys can watch me make a run and see if anyone hs any pointers for me.
Old 05-17-2011 | 08:47 PM
TECH Regular

I have a flip mini hd camera. I'll be bringing it also to get some good vid. also I'll be bringing my et streets also. may put them on my car, may not. if anyone else need to borrow them they can
Old 05-17-2011 | 09:54 PM
TECH Regular

What size et streets?
And btw I have a nice almost new set of mt slicks 29x10.50 15's with tubes that if someone has a use for them they can have em. Also some mt. 15 front 3.5 in wide front runner tires
Old 05-18-2011 | 08:44 AM
TECH Regular

I have a flip mini hd camera. I'll be bringing it also to get some good vid. also I'll be bringing my et streets also. may put them on my car, may not. if anyone else need to borrow them they can
im trailering my car out there with the intentions of breaking something so ill bring a jack and electric impact incase you do want to change out your tires.
Old 05-18-2011 | 06:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

assuming my tranny reinstall goes as planned tomorrow and everything seems to check out good I will be down for the track thursday night.

and blu99t/a yes I am a water and fire damage restoration technician. sounds to me like with your education and experience though you could probably find something more suited and probably better paying. don't get me wrong I make decent money for going in and sucking water out of houses, but with your degree and such I would imagine you could find something more "on your level" you know. maybe check with the polk county courthouse and see if the have anything or reccomendations. the main courthouse is located in Bartow, which is where my office is also. you'll find most of polk county revolves around lakeland and bartow

Thanks for the info, gives me a place to start.
Old 05-18-2011 | 08:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BLINGOLE
im trailering my car out there with the intentions of breaking something so ill bring a jack and electric impact incase you do want to change out your tires.
cool sounds good. I had a jack and lug wrench I could bring if I have to, but yours sounds easier lol. I am a little concerned however. you think I'll have any problems with the stock 10 bolt launching on slicks? I'm an a4 basically with just an exhaust(cat delete, cat back). I just rebuilt the tranny, don't want to grenade a rear end now.

and Blu99, I thought of something that sounds like it may be inline with your experience. the Florida Sheriff's boy's youth ranch is on 60 between bartow and lake wales. may be something to check out also. not exactly sure what they do there, but sounds like it has to do with law enforcement, education and juveniles lol
Old 05-18-2011 | 09:29 PM
TECH Regular

oh also the et streets are 28x9 15's
Old 05-18-2011 | 10:35 PM
TECH Regular

hmm i got a set of 305 something r15 et streets.. ill have to look at yours and see if the ones i got will fit my car..
but i just loaded my car up and checked tire pressures and fluids.. im kinda excited about tomorow
Old 05-19-2011 | 06:42 AM
10 Second Club

[QUOTE=badhombre;14930420]cool sounds good. I had a jack and lug wrench I could bring if I have to, but yours sounds easier lol. I am a little concerned however. you think I'll have any problems with the stock 10 bolt launching on slicks? I'm an a4 basically with just an exhaust(cat delete, cat back). I just rebuilt the tranny, don't want to grenade a rear end now.

I dont think you will have a problem with the rear at all BUT you never know. I went 10.6's on the stock 10-bolt @ Bradenton many many times. You are also running a 28" tire so it wont hit the rear to hard. Hell I might want to try the 28" tires to see if it helps I am getting decent 60' times with the 26's but it is still spinning a little.
Old 05-19-2011 | 10:58 PM
TECH Regular

I had so much fun tonight! Greg i pulled my lf tire and ran a 6.9 (thats fast for me) at 110! my front end unloaded and i was like wtf and let out! ahhaha

Also i cant wait to see that video! Hopefuly you can see a tire pull up

and man that robbie guy was cool he helped me learn to launch. I guess i was being a big vagina on heating my tires up and my trans brake isnt has bad as i thought it would be.

man also i can believe i pulled my tires not even spooled up, thats awesome!

Thanks everyone for helpin me tonight. This was the most fun i had in awhile.
Old 05-20-2011 | 06:25 AM
10 Second Club

I was fun to get out there with a few other F-Body's that actually run good. I cant believe I am still having nitrous problems BUT I am spending some money this weekend and getting a new micro switch, bigger solenoid and purge system.

Quick Reply: Official Polk County thread!