Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

FTI is awesome...

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 11:05 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FTI is awesome...

well i took a little drive down to Deland Florida today, looking for a little assistance with a certain purple colored stall that didnt want to work properly. i had spoken with the owner, Greg, earlier in the week, we discussed my issues, he let me know where he was located and that it was fine to head that way whenever i had the time. he is about 2 hrs south of me so i took the day off and hit the road.

when i arrived, i was immediately greated with a hello and a smile. a young lady went and found Greg, and i was again greated with a smile plus a hand-shake. Greg then stops everyting he was doing to show me around the shop, explain what they do, how they do it and what makes them better. i am not sure what i expected to find at FTI, but i was very impressed with what i found. he made some adjustments on the stall and after purchasing one of his after-market flex plates (things are freakin sweet), i cant wait to get me car back together.

it seems that the whole idea of customer service is a lost art. with the economy the way it is, i am getting pretty particular about who i give my money to these days. i only want to be treated the same way i treat other people in business. thats in a kind, courtious way that makes me feel that they are happy to have my business. Greg took the time to make me feel like i was an old friend he hadnt seen in a while. he was personable, professional and extreamly knowledgeable at what he does.

so... if your looking for a quality stall, service before-during-after the sale, your crazy if you dont at least talk to Greg first. from what i experienced today, there is no dobut that these guys are the best at what they do. plus, for all you folks looking for the customer service that so many companys have forgotten about.... its alive and well down in Deland Florida at this place called FTI.

thanks again Greg. i really appreciate it...
Old 03-20-2009, 06:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

In todays tough economic climate, the difference between staying in business and disappearing is called Customer Service! Looks like Greg has figured that out. Good for him.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:19 AM
10 & 11 Second Club

FTI is definitely the best converter company around!! They have the best quality converter, the most knowledge about setting up a conv for your combo and the best customer service around. Greg is also one heck of a nice guy.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:30 PM
Restricted User

Greg at FTI is the man when it comes to customer service and building a convertor.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:47 PM
Former Vendor - No longer Vendor

We are putting one of their converters into a customers corvette right now. Can wait to see how it runs with it! Maybe Ill send out my converter to be freshened up and restalled...
Old 03-20-2009, 06:07 PM
Launching!

I used to live by that shop, didnt know it was that big.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thumbs up

Greg is great to deal with. I showed up to talk to him about a converter for my 91' after the one in the car didn't work out for me. (ACT) He rebuilt/restalled my converter for a VERY reasonable price, and had it ready the following day early in the morning. I won't deal with anyone else after that experience. Hopefully I will have him build a new converter for the 2000 in a few months.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:43 PM
On The Tree

Yep, seemed like a very professional and friendly guy. I enjoyed the shop tour, even though I didn't understand much about the trans/convertors he builds

-jason
Old 03-20-2009, 07:58 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jaysz28
Yep, seemed like a very professional and friendly guy. I enjoyed the shop tour, even though I didn't understand much about the trans/convertors he builds

-jason
lol What MB aren't you on?
Old 03-21-2009, 07:01 AM
On The Tree

talked to greg yesterday and i`ll be getting my flex plate tuesday. always great to deal with.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:10 PM
Staging Lane

Greg is a great guy, I did the same thing. Went to the shop and met everyone and he showed me around and took the time to explain everything going on in detail. Top notch company and service.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:04 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6nJAX
so... if your looking for a quality stall, service before-during-after the sale, your crazy if you dont at least talk to Greg first. from what i experienced today, there is no dobut that these guys are the best at what they do.
I agree 100%

I've had my FTI converter for about 2 years now, it's about the only part in my car that I've never broke or had to change.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:52 AM
9 Second Club

Greg is the man! We've been running his converters for a few years now. He's always been nice and friendly. His wife is a sweetheart aswell.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:36 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Usually pick up 1-2 tenths over ANY other converter...and customer service second to none.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by WS6nJAX
when i arrived, i was immediately greated with a hello and a smile. a young lady went and found Greg, and i was again greated with a smile plus a hand-shake. Greg then stops everyting he was doing to show me around the shop, explain what they do, how they do it and what makes them better. i am not sure what i expected to find at FTI, but i was very impressed with what i found. he made some adjustments on the stall and after purchasing one of his after-market flex plates (things are freakin sweet), i cant wait to get me car back together. ...
Did he cut open and adjust your converter or did you have him build you a new FTI converter? Just curious as I have a couple aftermarket converters that need repair.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:02 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by BigKID
Did he cut open and adjust your converter or did you have him build you a new FTI converter? Just curious as I have a couple aftermarket converters that need repair.
i had a vibration issue and he balanced it a little closer to specs. there was also a concern about excess/over sprayed paint that was gathered on the hub. he put it on a lathe, removed the paint and made sure it was uniform and smooth.

from talking to Greg, i dont think he would have any problems checking them out for you. if opening, restalling or just evaluating the situation is what needs to be done, i would trust this guy completely. his phone # is 866-726-8358 and http://fticonverters.com is their site.

Last edited by WS6nJAX; 03-28-2009 at 10:17 PM.

Quick Reply: FTI is awesome...