Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

One mile runs 10.11.09

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 09:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onebadcad
Bump, post if you want to meet in Pembroke Pines for the ride to the event, thanks.
where you meeting and when? I was planning on leaving out of hollywood @8a. Call me if you're leaving around then. Ill pm you.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blown94
where you meeting and when? I was planning on leaving out of hollywood @8a. Call me if you're leaving around then. Ill pm you.
I just PMed you, I am leaving Coral Springs at 6:00 AM, see you at the event.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:43 PM
12 Second Club

So noone is leaving from Orlando?!?
Old 10-11-2009, 03:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got back from the event, had no idea it was a Corvette innvitational lol! Actually there were alot of very nice rides out there including the plethora of C6's, a few 5G Camaro's, and the usual sprinkling of Porcshe's, Ferrari's, GT40's etc.. Just wish it wasn't so insanley hot! Dragging a damn cooler for a mile in that heat was insane!

Anybody here run?
Old 10-11-2009, 05:20 PM
Teching In

i just got home i wasn't to pleased with everything, MASS confusion , Poor communication between each Techs , Cheap Speed device i was told i went 129MPH when i buried my speedo at 140+. I didnt like how tech let selective cars i am guessing they were all friends let each other go around as many times as they wanted i watch the same car make like 5-6 passes. Just over all Disappointed.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo2Ltr
i just got home i wasn't to pleased with everything, MASS confusion , Poor communication between each Techs , Cheap Speed device i was told i went 129MPH when i buried my speedo at 140+. I didnt like how tech let selective cars i am guessing they were all friends let each other go around as many times as they wanted i watch the same car make like 5-6 passes. Just over all Disappointed.

It was unorganized. But, they got bombarded from the moment they arrived to open the gates in the morning. It was PACKED. We got there early, we rode in as event sponsors since we were with Diablosport,... got in somewhat quick(skipped 200 cars)... we got a site setup, and just chilled,...eh, cooked for a while. AFter the HOARD of cars went, Darren threw me the keys to the vette, and I went up to do a pass,... they asked If I had gone yet,...nope,...so they sent me to the front. I did a pass. Indicated 180mph. Came back, chilled, my cousin went, darrens car, that took about 45min for them. I got thrown the keys later,... made a pass , took a passenger, parked,....chilled,.... chilled,... took the golf cart, and then we watched cars hot lap it later on in the day.

So, if you guys would have stayed longer, you could have ran until your car blew up. Next time they will have better plans, and better timing gear.

We had a great time, our crew must have fed like a 100 people. Big thanks to onebadcad for letting us ***** out his blown vette,... the mile, is my new favorite thing.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

around what time did they let cars make as many runs as they could? i left at 3 and it was still a wait for a run. You guys had very nice cars in your booth. that camaro was awesome. also like Darren's cts v. looked like it was drawing a crowd. i know i will be doing it next time around.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:29 AM
11 Second Club

Overall, I have to say me and my friends had a great time. It was getting a bit frustrating waiting in lines (the heat wasnt helping this) but for being the first time this group has put this on, you cant really expect it to go perfectly smooth. The radar equipment could have been better, I know alot of people were bitching about that. I had clocked runs at 153mph and 157mph and they told me to add 15mph, so i dont know, my speedo was past 155 and I know it reads about 8-9mph low at the end of a quarter mile drag run at Bradenton. For those who left early... You missed out, it was deffinatley a hotlapping session around 4:00 I think. I only hotlapped twice cause I didnt want to push the car anymore (Had to drive it home) I was glad to see that with this many cars, theyre werent any major misshaps. Hope everyone had as much fun as me and my friends. Maybe we can get anoher one going in a couple of months when the sun isnt so punishing.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:46 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was there, I love the idea. Thing is communication was the worst. I'm real glad it wasn't kids showing up in the parents car or junk rides...some VERY nice rides. I did hate the fact I didn't get any mph numbers. You could almost call it a vette gathering. It would've been hard to throw a rock and not hit a vette. I was one of 2 TAs.

Jeepers, if that was your white TA, I was in the other white TA. Only diff was our rims...

The heat was so bad. Shirt was soaked all day and when you get home all you do is crash. Some things need improvement and with work this could be a real nice event. I'll be contacting Max for ideas and maybe help. Lets not make this as any bash and pich in ideas with solutions.

I made 2 runs. The last run was for sure 160+ I was at the dyno last Sat and speedo was checked and calibrated. I even hit my top speed limiter. Thing was my belt flew off on my second run. A guy told me it came off in my 2nd gear shift. So by the time I got to the end yep temp was reading 250. Lucky I got the belt back. Looks like the tensioner needs to be replaced.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

First of all I would like to thank Max and his crew for a great time, it was not perfect and I am sure each time he hosts, just like anyone else, it will be bigger and better, thank you again!!!

It was a great day, great cars, thankfully no one was injured, except the hood on that red C5, meet some great people, a real classy field. My CTS-V ran out of gear, as shifted out of 5th at around 155mph, which I estimated to be at 3/4 mile and finished in 6th at 162mph---not bad for a 4,300lb car. I did not get a chance to run my C6, but Jamie and Josh both hit 180 mph on two runs---not bad for a stock motor with running 9psi.

Much thanks to Jamie for all the support he has given both of my cars in the past five years, always there to help, never complains about my limited budget, always works nights and weekends when needed!!!
Much thanks to Johan and Mike at DiabloSport, they always treat me like their number one customer!!!
Much thanks to Josh and his parents, classy people, very generous with their hospitality, they are some of the kindest people I have ever meet!!!

Looking forward to the next event, hope it is like 50 degrees cooler.

And lastly, 1-mile > 1/4 mile!!!!!!!!
Old 10-12-2009, 10:47 AM
Teching In

Agree with everything posted above, communication was bad , but i had a great time. I was out there in my supercharged v8 nissan 240 lol, i hit the rev limiter in 5th on every run, just before the end of the mile, should have been about 179mph, they got 162 but told me to add 15 to it as well, so it makes sense.

Heres an incar vid for those that missed out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C_pn8qejow

pic of the car

Old 10-12-2009, 11:33 AM
Teching In

Communication was terrible and basically non-existent, event was woefully understaffed and one of the staff members was a real jerk and got into arguments with several people. Max - you know exactly who I mean.

We didn't run in groups - which was a real issue when you had the entire field in line for hours on end. Some people were still waiting for their first run at 1pm. There were clearly 'favors' being given to certain people by certain people which wasn't making many people very happy.

Results were being announced at the start line, but not to the driver - and that didn't start happening until some time close to noon. No signage anywhere. Specific spectator areas appeared to be randomly made by spectators. Some amenities near the pit areas would have been nice. Bunch of other stuff. There really needed to be some electronic signboards someplace showing speeds, announcements, etc, or at least a PA system of some kind.

There were simply too many cars running especially without groups. Need a way to either get two cars moving or less cars overall. I am sure insurance would make the first idea tough and price point would have to be worked out for the second... This needs a lot more organization.

Yes, this is a great idea and my time actually on the track was fantastic. Awesome to run through the gears for a mile and there was so much stopping distance you could take your foot off the throttle and basically coast to the last turn around so you didn't have to slam your brakes on at any sort of unreasonable speed. Nothing like running out of speedo.

Look a lot of this could be fixed very easily. A think a lot of stuff can be done before the day of the event - such as group assignments, tech sheets/waivers by fax or email, or sending out wrist bands before the event. Maybe a tech area could be set up the day before somewhere close by so some cars can be pre-teched/registered and waivered and ready to go. Lots more organization and staff in the pits areas - a PA System to announce who is up next, groups, speeds, events, etc, etc.

And I'll be there again next time assuming I see quite a few of the things above happen.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:46 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by RyanSws6
I was one of 2 TAs.

Jeepers, if that was your white TA, I was in the other white TA. Only diff was our rims...
Yeah I was the other T/A, I was coming over to talk to you towards the end, but you didnt look too happy, then I saw the coolant all down the side of the car, hope everything is ok. Get a Katech tensioner on there, I had a belt jumping off too, that tensioner took care of it, the stockers are junk.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by demang
around what time did they let cars make as many runs as they could? i left at 3 and it was still a wait for a run. You guys had very nice cars in your booth. that camaro was awesome. also like Darren's cts v. looked like it was drawing a crowd. i know i will be doing it next time around.
I don't know a time exactly but, we were out of the place at 530 or soo. The black dodge truck must have done 10 passes, as well as one of the skylines. Thanks for the compliments on the cars,... the Camaro was from Misfit's perfromace/hotrods.

Originally Posted by RyanSws6
I was there, I love the idea. Thing is communication was the worst. I'm real glad it wasn't kids showing up in the parents car or junk rides...some VERY nice rides. I did hate the fact I didn't get any mph numbers. You could almost call it a vette gathering. It would've been hard to throw a rock and not hit a vette. I was one of 2 TAs.

The heat was so bad. Shirt was soaked all day and when you get home all you do is crash. Some things need improvement and with work this could be a real nice event. I'll be contacting Max for ideas and maybe help. Lets not make this as any bash and pich in ideas with solutions.

I made 2 runs. The last run was for sure 160+ I was at the dyno last Sat and speedo was checked and calibrated. I even hit my top speed limiter. Thing was my belt flew off on my second run. A guy told me it came off in my 2nd gear shift. So by the time I got to the end yep temp was reading 250. Lucky I got the belt back. Looks like the tensioner needs to be replaced.
Holy ****, that was your belt. I had to dice around ****** when I was hittin 2nd or 3rd. I was like,...holy ****, is that, wow, thats a belt.
lol.

Originally Posted by onebadcad
First of all I would like to thank Max and his crew for a great time, it was not perfect and I am sure each time he hosts, just like anyone else, it will be bigger and better, thank you again!!!

It was a great day, great cars, thankfully no one was injured, except the hood on that red C5, meet some great people, a real classy field. My CTS-V ran out of gear, as shifted out of 5th at around 155mph, which I estimated to be at 3/4 mile and finished in 6th at 162mph---not bad for a 4,300lb car. I did not get a chance to run my C6, but Jamie and Josh both hit 180 mph on two runs---not bad for a stock motor with running 9psi.

Much thanks to Jamie for all the support he has given both of my cars in the past five years, always there to help, never complains about my limited budget, always works nights and weekends when needed!!!
Much thanks to Johan and Mike at DiabloSport, they always treat me like their number one customer!!!
Much thanks to Josh and his parents, classy people, very generous with their hospitality, they are some of the kindest people I have ever meet!!!

Looking forward to the next event, hope it is like 50 degrees cooler.

And lastly, 1-mile > 1/4 mile!!!!!!!!
Your very welcome broham, I am glad you enjoyed it. If it wasn't for you letting us pilot your car, we wouldn't have had nearly as much fun. SO again, thank you very much and thanks again for te compliments my man.

Originally Posted by gsracer
Agree with everything posted above, communication was bad , but i had a great time. I was out there in my supercharged v8 nissan 240 lol, i hit the rev limiter in 5th on every run, just before the end of the mile, should have been about 179mph, they got 162 but told me to add 15 to it as well, so it makes sense.

Heres an incar vid for those that missed out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C_pn8qejow

pic of the car

lol, I thought that had an LSx,... and it did sound like a procharger but I was like,....nah... lol. Nice. Car sounds really smooth,...very stealth possibly. Nice job. Looked like you had some traction issues on the one run when I watched you launch from the line, may have even been that video pass. ANyways, cool ride.

Originally Posted by jeepers_88
Yeah I was the other T/A, I was coming over to talk to you towards the end, but you didnt look too happy, then I saw the coolant all down the side of the car, hope everything is ok. Get a Katech tensioner on there, I had a belt jumping off too, that tensioner took care of it, the stockers are junk.
lol.... please get that tensioner.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

yea it was a good time all around. i will be driving at the next one.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:59 PM
TECH Regular

I had a blast! I wish I could have parked closer to the runs though. With my bum leg (recent cancer surgery) made getting up to the action a HUGE PITA when I was told to park by the gates.

So I didn't get the best footage, but the event was great. Some fantastic exotics, old school muscle and everything in between. The soundtrack all day wasn't that bad either

I would love to talk to the organizers and see what I can do to help out with the next one (sponsors, media coverage, more enjoyable for spectators.)

Here are 2 of the videos I was able to get.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZTsOccZnGY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1qLNx4NwEM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-vM00GBXNI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI7UwqSnRsw

Last edited by DoctorNick; 10-12-2009 at 05:58 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:56 AM
11 Second Club

If you guys havent noticed yet, they started posting some of the times on the mm1 website. Go to the list of registered vehicles and there are some times listed in the right side columns
Old 10-13-2009, 09:09 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I definitely want to say this was a great event.

I will agree with all the teething issues posted by others, but all in all, I thought it went off pretty well.

DiabloSport was very happy to be a part of this first time event, and we look forward to working with the MM1 staff again in the future.

Once you get past the issues, you have to feel good about a full day of cars, car people, and flat out driving. That's really what its all about. I can't wait for January, and I will have to agree with Jamie, this is easily my new favorite thing, and I didn't even make a pass!

I also want to give a big thanks to Josh Deubel and his family for their gracious hospitality. They fed our whole crew (which seemed to get bigger all day long!) and even managed to feed a few random strangers. They are great people, and hard-core enthusiast too.

Also big thanks to Josh (Blue Z06/crazy N20 setup), onebadcad (Silver C6 ProCharged & CTS-V Maggied), Turbo2ltr (Ion Redline/Turbo) and the guys with the sick Camaro on C6 underpinnings with an LS7 and a KB 2.8 under the hood. You guys made our booth look like the place to be. It was great seeing a see of Diablo t-shirts everywhere I looked.

C'mon January!

Thanks
Mike

(I have some SICK pics from the event, courtesy of my brother, I will start a new thread later)
Old 10-13-2009, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DoctorNick
I had a blast! I wish I could have parked closer to the runs though. With my bum leg (recent cancer surgery) made getting up to the action a HUGE PITA when I was told to park by the gates.

So I didn't get the best footage, but the event was great. Some fantastic exotics, old school muscle and everything in between. The soundtrack all day wasn't that bad either

I would love to talk to the organizers and see what I can do to help out with the next one (sponsors, media coverage, more enjoyable for spectators.)
Nick,
Next time we do this, if you do not run your car, call me on my cell phone, I will drive up and tell them you are on my pit/tech crew. I did this for my neighbor and they allowed him to drive onto the airstrip. Glad you could make, look forward to meeting you at the next one.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:15 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Pics:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/florida-m...l#post12356988

Quick Reply: One mile runs 10.11.09