Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Concealed Carry

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 01:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 396D1SS
If they were droped it will not matter. They are looking for any type of felonies. Misdemeanors including domestic violence, recent DUI, drug charges. Dishonerable military discharge and insanity. Those are the main ones.
not true. If you were EVER arrested it will show up in their background check and they will then send your application to a different department for further examining, whether you were convicted or not. It throws up a red flag in their system so they double check.

EDIT: what I'm trying to say is no matter what type of arrest and no matter the outcome, it WILL show up in their background check unless you had it expunged. I'm not saying it will stop them from approving the application. Just to clarify...

Last edited by ec_nova; 08-08-2009 at 01:09 PM. Reason: boop
Old 08-08-2009, 10:05 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by f-bodyfanatic
I've heard about a place somewhere in Polk county I believe where it's almost like a full tactical class and it doubles as a concealed carry class. Has anyone heard of this or know if it? And how much it is if it exists?
There is a place in Polk County that does this, IDK if it will double as a CC class or not and it is much more expensive than the regular class. It takes place over the coarse of 3 days and you need to bring like 600 rounds of ammo. I am about 90% sure I will be doing this very soon.....
Old 08-09-2009, 01:05 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by torquejunky
There is a place in Polk County that does this, IDK if it will double as a CC class or not and it is much more expensive than the regular class. It takes place over the coarse of 3 days and you need to bring like 600 rounds of ammo. I am about 90% sure I will be doing this very soon.....
I've heard about it but don't know much about it.

I went to the Tampa gun show today and debated whether or not to take the course or buy some ammo. Long story short a have a few rounds of .40 S&W and still no concealed course under my belt
Old 08-09-2009, 06:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Gander Mountain offers the course in-storeea nd you just go out to the range after the class.

If you were in the military, you do not have to attend the class at all ... saves $75.00.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by maverickmk

This.

Quick Reply: Concealed Carry