Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

UF chances at winning it all??

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 06:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AtlasTBSS
true but offense wins games... also take a look at this( and pay particular attention to where USC is): http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.js...otdef&site=org
That was last year....

And the gators offense will be fine this year u will see. I think that just because u hate UF so much you don't want to give them the respect they deserve. So whatever.. I'm wasting my time. USC might be good this year but they have a few tough road games and I think they are a 9-3 team idk maybe I don't know anything oh well

Go gators 14-0 this year to end a story book career for Tebow and Spikes
Old 08-13-2009, 07:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol @ this thread!
Old 08-13-2009, 08:55 PM
On The Tree

Talking

The only good gator is a dead gator. GO NOLES!!!
Old 08-13-2009, 09:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^who do you root for??

My team is weak , no need to discuss them.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:28 PM
12 Second Club

^must be ohio state then, huh? lol

and white, if you look at the past 5 or so years, you will see USC is always in the top 5 of total defense, as it is a plug and play scheme coupled with them having outstanding talent... and dont get me wrong about UF, i am friends with a lot of the players, and i like Tebow as a person, but i dont think he is a great QB... great player yes, but he does not have the read and react capabilities to make NFL plays... and i dont hate the gators, i dont hate any of the players, and i dont hate the university of florida... i hate urban meyer, solely b/c he recruited me when he was at BGSU and flat out lied to me, saying he would be at BGSU for my entire career (even when i asked him if he'd be going to Utah, as it was rumored)... now it takes quite a person to do that, but i know his reasons are his own, and he still tried to get me to come to Utah, but i politely declined (which kind of worked out, lol)... he is a great coach, but between that and running up the score on opponents, i have no respect for the man, but i can see why people do: he wins big games...

as it pertains to USC, they only have one tough road game, the one in the Zoo... ND is not good (dont let ESPN fool you) and Cal has one elite player and 21 scrubs... they are capable of going undefeated, but they always lose to someone they shouldnt, and will likely go 11-1...
Old 08-14-2009, 07:05 AM
12 Second Club

im looking forward to college gameday on espn....i sure do miss it.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:09 AM
12 Second Club

[QUOTE=AtlasTBSS;12068710i hate urban meyer, solely b/c he recruited me when he was at BGSU and flat out lied to me, saying he would be at BGSU for my entire career (even when i asked him if he'd be going to Utah, as it was rumored)... now it takes quite a person to do that, but i know his reasons are his own, and he still tried to get me to come to Utah, but i politely declined (which kind of worked out, lol)... he is a great coach, but between that and running up the score on opponents, i have no respect for the man, but i can see why people do: he wins big games......[/QUOTE]

For all you know Meyer whole hearted felt he was going to be a life long coach at BGSU...things change, offers get made you never thought you would get.

Also, USC is well known for running up 60+ point games...its how it HAS to be done. The sweater vest loving west coaster is doing the exact same thing every other coach is trying to do...win at all costs (within limits lol).
Old 08-14-2009, 09:21 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 4u 2 nv
For all you know Meyer whole hearted felt he was going to be a life long coach at BGSU...things change, offers get made you never thought you would get.

Also, USC is well known for running up 60+ point games...its how it HAS to be done. The sweater vest loving west coaster is doing the exact same thing every other coach is trying to do...win at all costs (within limits lol).
i knew he would leave, but damn, coaches shouldnt flat out lie to recruits (he announced he was leaving roughly 3 days after we had that convo)... hell i know recruiting with a lot of coaches is all about who lies the best (RRod did too and is just as much a douche), but there are many that dont recruit this way, and i applaud them (im all about being ethical)...

ask for USC, Carroll hasnt run up the score on anyone in the past 5 years, he builds up a huge lead in the first half, takes his starters out and lets his second and third stringers play, and every now and then they score... i can name a few games off hand where meyer left tebow and other starters in the game to accrue stats (especially when tebow won the heisman)... im not saying its the worst thing someone could do, i just dont agree with it...

lastly, for thos who think tebow is gonna pan out in the NFL (i hope he does, but think he wont), look at the QB's that have put up big numbers in meyers system: Jash Harris at BGSU, Alex Smith at Utah, Chris Leak and now Timmay... the system (which is almost exactly like RRod's spread) does not prepare college QB's for the pro's...
Old 08-14-2009, 10:12 AM
12 Second Club

well the spread has a horrible reputation in the NFL...but numerous teams are still running similar style offenses and plays (including the Dolphins). Tebow has the heart, the size and the arm for the NFL. Hopefully he develops with it and can continue to be a quality role model and individual. As many have said, he has a better chance at being some type of half back or what not in the NFL due to his ability to run and his size/strength.

Percy will be missed but many players had great reputations of stepping up and taking over the position the were needed in. Hernandez would be a great example of this. He took over the TE spot for Ingram when he got hurt and did AMAZING. Numerous poles had him playing on the ALL-SEC team and he was ranked in the top 5 for TEs last year.

Will UF be the best? Well I obvisouly can hope they will be but there are so many things that can happen thats its "ludicris" to think we can guess it. Who would have thought that Chas Henry would boot that easy point after attempt against Ole Miss? I beleive that was his only miss then entire season.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:20 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 4u 2 nv
Will UF be the best? Well I obvisouly can hope they will be but there are so many things that can happen thats its "ludicris" to think we can guess it. Who would have thought that Chas Henry would boot that easy point after attempt against Ole Miss? I beleive that was his only miss then entire season.
damn rappers like him and fabolous for people misspelling those words all the time, lol... i agree with most everything you say, but im still not sold on tebows accuracy, as a lot of the routes are less than 7 yards and the deep throws are timing routes where he has to throw to a spot, and the receiver is supposed to be there... and i agree, all this preseason talk is non sense and things rarely pan out how they are predicted in the preseason... ive had a bunch of people get on my case about no big east teams in the preseason top 25, i just laugh... its the preseason, the only poll that matters is the final poll...
Old 08-14-2009, 10:47 AM
12 Second Club

damn rappers like him and fabolous for people misspelling those words all the time, lol......
yeah i know..i missed typed it originally and looked at it and thought it was funny so i threw some quotes around it lol.....
Old 08-14-2009, 09:49 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys and gals, as before I'm all for debating the college football game, as long as the thread is kept clean. Nothing wrong with arguing sides or reasoning, but don't get into personal jabs or bs.

Originally Posted by WFC97
The only good gator is a dead gator. GO NOLES!!!
Sorry, but what a well researched and thought out response here. How about instead of bashing you talk about FSU chances this year?

Derek
Old 08-14-2009, 09:57 PM
12 Second Club

its been clean so far... PW>Tebow tho... lol...
Old 08-15-2009, 01:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

lol @ this thread x2

you know whats awesome? cars that dyno a bunch and run slow.....
Old 08-15-2009, 02:33 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
lol @ this thread x2

lol if thats a shot at me, then you are sadly mistaken... i ran the 12.7 when i was around 350whp... now ill easily be in the 11's... nice try tho, i applaud the effort...
Old 08-15-2009, 05:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol @ this thread x2

Someone say Supra?
Old 08-15-2009, 09:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

lol if thats a shot at me, then you are sadly mistaken... i ran the 12.7 when i was around 350whp... now ill easily be in the 11's... nice try tho, i applaud the effort...
lol at your ET and your keyboard ricer racing. cute. if my **** ran 11s with 500+ rwhp i would burn the bitch to the ground.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:30 PM
12 Second Club

lol at your ET and your keyboard ricer racing. cute. if my **** ran 11s with 500+ rwhp i would burn the bitch to the ground.
wtf is up your ***?? i drive a g8, not a f body... i see you live in tampa tho, care to meet up for some good ole fashioned racing, whether it be on da skreet or at BMP... i also wanna know how thats ricer racing?? its called math, 350whp= 12.7@110 ipso facto 350whp+ 155 whp= high to mid 11's on stock shitty tires and suspension(hopefully)... i dont go around sayin i own an 11 sec ride, b/c it hasnt run that yet, but i have beaten a lot of 120+ trap cars on the street... besides this thread is about football, which it seems you know very little about and have to resort to personal attacks... its cool tho, i guess you cant generate an intelligent response...
Old 08-15-2009, 10:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

this is a racing site. its not collegefootballtech.com

dont get butthurt. i believe i recall you stirring enough **** of your own with lame attacks on anyone that likes the florida gators.

if you and other fanboys could simply talk up YOUR team, instead of trying to degrade other's teams, this and the other football posts could be ok. i doubt you have that type of restraint?

as for meeting up to race, sent ya a PM. how does friday sound? i will be running n/a and you can spray anything you want.

PS if you car runs 12.7 with 350 rwhp in a G8 - you see to talk to my boy Rich @ Precision Motorsports - he can help you get your G8 to run a number.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

PPS - last time i checked, UF was number one in BOTH polls and are defending BCS champsions, but i guess that isnt enough for some folks.....

just shows the blind sheep out there.

Quick Reply: UF chances at winning it all??