Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

UF chances at winning it all??

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 12:35 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
this is a racing site. its not collegefootballtech.com

dont get butthurt. i believe i recall you stirring enough **** of your own with lame attacks on anyone that likes the florida gators.

if you and other fanboys could simply talk up YOUR team, instead of trying to degrade other's teams, this and the other football posts could be ok. i doubt you have that type of restraint?

as for meeting up to race, sent ya a PM. how does friday sound? i will be running n/a and you can spray anything you want.

PS if you car runs 12.7 with 350 rwhp in a G8 - you see to talk to my boy Rich @ Precision Motorsports - he can help you get your G8 to run a number.
not butthurt, i only attack when ive been attacked and i have talked up wvu, and ive been nice about the gators, so i dunno what youre talking about there... i know rich and i responded to your response to my PM, lol... like i said in the PM, you will kill me in the 1/8, but ill still do it for fun...

and about the polls, there is only one poll out right now, and its the preseason poll, which means next to nothing... only one team has ever gone wire to wire as number one, and we all know who that is... you guys have a **** ton of talent, but replacing a playmaker like harvin might take a while... im not being a hater, im using my expertise to make a prediction and form an opinion, and some of you getting pissed about it need to chill and stop being fanboys and be fans... 4u 2 nv and others do this well but some of you just come out and say im retarded just b/c you disagree... use facts and **** to form a counter argument rather than resorting to personal attacks, a lot of you are smarter and better than that...
Old 08-16-2009, 08:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm watching my team right now! Rerun and a loss, I must be desperate.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by AtlasTBSS
not butthurt, i only attack when ive been attacked and i have talked up wvu, and ive been nice about the gators, so i dunno what youre talking about there... i know rich and i responded to your response to my PM, lol... like i said in the PM, you will kill me in the 1/8, but ill still do it for fun...

and about the polls, there is only one poll out right now, and its the preseason poll, which means next to nothing... only one team has ever gone wire to wire as number one, and we all know who that is... you guys have a **** ton of talent, but replacing a playmaker like harvin might take a while... im not being a hater, im using my expertise to make a prediction and form an opinion, and some of you getting pissed about it need to chill and stop being fanboys and be fans... 4u 2 nv and others do this well but some of you just come out and say im retarded just b/c you disagree... use facts and **** to form a counter argument rather than resorting to personal attacks, a lot of you are smarter and better than that...
you know why i had a problem b/c you think UF only won games b/c of Harvin and that is just nonsense. one player does not win games. thats why its a team sport. people like harvin can and will be replaced.

it just seems like your making your predictions that they cant win a championship again b/c one player left idk how that classifies as being an expert. its a team game.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:04 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by whiteLS1
you know why i had a problem b/c you think UF only won games b/c of Harvin and that is just nonsense. one player does not win games. thats why its a team sport. people like harvin can and will be replaced.

it just seems like your making your predictions that they cant win a championship again b/c one player left idk how that classifies as being an expert. its a team game.
harvin made huge plays in huge games... just like Slaton made huge plays for WVU two years ago, and they struggled without him last year last year... harvin will be replaced, but i think they will struggle this year without him making the huge running and receiving plays he continuously made last year when the Gators needed it... i hope demps and the other kid (not james) do well at replacing the running portion of harvin's yardage, but i just dunno if they can, which is why i have doubts... and im making this prediction, which is solely that, because at times, tebow relied on harvin too much, and without him, he and the gators might struggle in big games...
Old 08-17-2009, 05:22 PM
10 Second Club

White, are you saying that if Tebow went down the Gators would be as good without him???? While I think the Gators have enough punch without Percy I do see him as a great weapon in there offense which made them more dynamic. My personal opinion is they have enough talent to still win without him. Tebow might get better and the D should be better. I hope I'm wrong by the way , LOL!
Old 08-17-2009, 07:40 PM
7 Second Club

Harvin is a great player, but many a team has recovered from the loss of one player. I agree it may not be as easy, but we have 4 months to figure it all out. More than likely everyone will have 1 loss, and gel time will always help. Call it what you want, but the SEC brings a decent schedule IMHO, and that will show if the Gators can still bring it.

Derek
Old 08-18-2009, 04:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 97blkz
White, are you saying that if Tebow went down the Gators would be as good without him???? While I think the Gators have enough punch without Percy I do see him as a great weapon in there offense which made them more dynamic. My personal opinion is they have enough talent to still win without him. Tebow might get better and the D should be better. I hope I'm wrong by the way , LOL!
You know I honestly think that they would be just as good if Tebow wasn't there this year. Brantley has a hell of an arm and is very accurate. I saw him play at the orange and blue game and he looked sharp. And with the defense that the gators have this year I wouldn't see it being a problem starting brantley and the team being just as good. Flame me if u want but Brantley is going to be a star QB.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:36 PM
Launching!

The one guy on the gators team that would hurt the most losing would be Brandon Spikes
Old 08-18-2009, 06:53 PM
10 Second Club

You know I honestly think that they would be just as good if Tebow wasn't there this year. Brantley has a hell of an arm and is very accurate. I saw him play at the orange and blue game and he looked sharp. And with the defense that the gators have this year I wouldn't see it being a problem starting brantley and the team being just as good. Flame me if u want but Brantley is going to be a star QB.

I will not flame you for your opinion, I understand Brantley is going to be good. Tebow brings leadership that Brantley would not have (yet), that makes the team confident. It's OK to disagree with people, we just need to be more civil about it. Hell I'm a Buckeye giving teh Gators props.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:05 PM
Launching!

I will not flame you for your opinion, I understand Brantley is going to be good. Tebow brings leadership that Brantley would not have (yet), that makes the team confident. It's OK to disagree with people, we just need to be more civil about it. Hell I'm a Buckeye giving teh Gators props.
yeah thats true about the leadership part of it.

You know those buckeyes should be pretty good this year. im actually interested in seeing pryor play this year now that he has some experience as long as his passing comes around.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He will never have leadership. Not after crying at a party in front of other students because he doesn't believe he'll ever start with Tebow and the other guy (number 13 last year, can't remember his name) that was in front of him, although now 13 got kicked outta school last year.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:32 PM
10 Second Club

yeah thats true about the leadership part of it.

You know those buckeyes should be pretty good this year. im actually interested in seeing pryor play this year now that he has some experience as long as his passing comes around.
Pryor needs to be a better thinking QB this year. Last year was on raw talent alone. Not enough vs the elite teams. We have questions at WR, LB and DB. I think the team is maybe a year away from having a shot at a title. I can't wait for the season to start, I watched another game from last year the other night.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:52 AM
On The Tree

^must be ohio state then, huh? lol

I lol'd at that!

Could be worse though....GO BLUE!

See, I told ya it could be worse, that's why there's alcohol.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yay for Lou Holtz, lol.

As to the question in the title of this thread. 78.69%
Old 08-24-2009, 01:55 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by black00ssFL
Yay for Lou Holtz, lol.

As to the question in the title of this thread. 78.69%
i just watched the Holtz video on ESPN...

and lol at the percentage, b/c if you want to get all statistical (lol): since the preseason poll started in 1950, only ten preseason number ones have won the national title... so theoretically, the statistical chance they win the title is 17%...
Old 08-28-2009, 03:29 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JuicedSS262
I lol'd at that!

Could be worse though....GO BLUE!

See, I told ya it could be worse, that's why there's alcohol.

Shut it, want to bet again Dan. Looked great in a buckeye jersey and you sang out fight song well!
Old 11-01-2009, 01:55 AM
Launching!

^must be ohio state then, huh? lol

and white, if you look at the past 5 or so years, you will see USC is always in the top 5 of total defense, as it is a plug and play scheme coupled with them having outstanding talent... and dont get me wrong about UF, i am friends with a lot of the players, and i like Tebow as a person, but i dont think he is a great QB... great player yes, but he does not have the read and react capabilities to make NFL plays... and i dont hate the gators, i dont hate any of the players, and i dont hate the university of florida... i hate urban meyer, solely b/c he recruited me when he was at BGSU and flat out lied to me, saying he would be at BGSU for my entire career (even when i asked him if he'd be going to Utah, as it was rumored)... now it takes quite a person to do that, but i know his reasons are his own, and he still tried to get me to come to Utah, but i politely declined (which kind of worked out, lol)... he is a great coach, but between that and running up the score on opponents, i have no
respect for the man, but i can see why people do: he wins big games...
as it pertains to USC, they only have one tough road game, the one in the Zoo.
ND is not good (dont let ESPN fool you) and Cal has one elite player and 21
scrubs... they are capable of going undefeated, but they always lose to someone they shouldnt, and will likely go 11-1...
umm so USC top 5 defense I don't think so not when u give up 47!!!! I tried telling u they weren't going to be that good.

But how about them GATORS!!!! They get it done!!!
Old 11-01-2009, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Florida is definitely not as strong as last year, but when they play mistake free football (i.e. not giving two pick sixes like against Miss. St.) they are close. They definitely deserve the #1 spot at this point in time.

On another note. I hope to God Texas loses a game or the big 12 championship this year. That would put someone like Boise or Iowa in for the NC. I just want them to go against either Florida or Alabama so they can get DESTROYED. And then I can stop hearing the crying about how these teams don't get any respect. It will just show that there's a reason their conferences don't get an automatic bid.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by black00ssFL
Florida is definitely not as strong as last year, but when they play mistake free football (i.e. not giving two pick sixes like against Miss. St.) they are close. They definitely deserve the #1 spot at this point in time.

On another note. I hope to God Texas loses a game or the big 12 championship this year. That would put someone like Boise or Iowa in for the NC. I just want them to go against either Florida or Alabama so they can get DESTROYED. And then I can stop hearing the crying about how these teams don't get any respect. It will just show that there's a reason their conferences don't get an automatic bid.

I HATE the BCS. Big money and big schools too afraid to have their little money party invaded by a smaller school. Too afraid of a playoff. Too afraid to even schedule them.

You will never get to have the chance to watch a good Cinderella team come up through the NCAA college playoffs and having their day in the sun like they do in college basketball and nearly ever other NCAA sport.

The sad thing is that the way it is set up now we will NEVER really know if a Utah or Bosie State or any other so called non-BCS school really had a chance.

It is also sad that 50% of college teams can't win the NCAA championship before the season even starts. How sad is that. Teams can win ALL their scheduled games but will NEVER get a chance to see how good they really are. And they will never get the chance to build their programs up to challenge the 'BCS' schools as they again do in basketball and other NCAA sports.

But we can only dream. While money rules, nothing will ever meaningfully change.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:22 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by marriard
I HATE the BCS. Big money and big schools too afraid to have their little money party invaded by a smaller school. Too afraid of a playoff. Too afraid to even schedule them.

You will never get to have the chance to watch a good Cinderella team come up through the NCAA college playoffs and having their day in the sun like they do in college basketball and nearly ever other NCAA sport.

The sad thing is that the way it is set up now we will NEVER really know if a Utah or Bosie State or any other so called non-BCS school really had a chance.

It is also sad that 50% of college teams can't win the NCAA championship before the season even starts. How sad is that. Teams can win ALL their scheduled games but will NEVER get a chance to see how good they really are. And they will never get the chance to build their programs up to challenge the 'BCS' schools as they again do in basketball and other NCAA sports.

But we can only dream. While money rules, nothing will ever meaningfully change.
while i do agree with you. the non bcs auto qualifing schools did not want to be part of the BCS. if i remeber correctly...

schools like boise,tcu, and utah need to push to try and join the pac10 or big10 and then they would not have a problem but idk if they could make it thorough a schedule like that. we may never know???

Quick Reply: UF chances at winning it all??