Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Sunshine last night

Old 09-20-2009, 10:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Sunshine last night

Just wondering if anyone else from on here was out there last night. I had 7 runs in three hours, could have had more if I went from the tree lane to the arm drop lane in a never ending cycle but I decided to be semi-nice to my poor car.

Sunshine was the first track I ever ran on, over three years ago. Awhile back there was a thread on tracks or something, I'll tell you this. I had a good time, but I didn't nearly have as much fun as I would have on a 1/4 track. I guess I like running my car out and not crossing the traps only halfway through third.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:11 AM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah, the curse of 1/8 mile tracks. Sunshine hooked good for me in my only visit back in 2004, and as mentioned it does suck it's 1/8 mile. Maybe hit Bradenton next time if you want the full experience?

Derek
Old 09-22-2009, 01:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah I've been to Bradenton on a Runday Sunday before. I usually go out to Orlando. Haven't ran at Gainesville yet.

Oh yeah forget hooking, they weren't even prepping the track. This Midnight Madness thing, I guess they are doing it once a month, is due to all that street racing Tampa has. They are trying to give them somewhere to run I guess. Over on tamparacing forums there was a bunch of people where this was their first time running on a track.
So they had no track prep and they had a arm drop lane if you wanted.

It was just closer to me than driving two hours to any of the 1/4 tracks, but instead of running most of 4th gear out, crossing the traps halfway through 3rd just isn't as fun. I think it was that lemons guy was telling me 1/8, 1/4 whats the difference? I'll tell you the difference, its not as fun. I like three digits in my trap speed. Ah well it was entertaining and cheaper than going to OSW.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:23 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Understood, most bracket racing has gone to 1/8-mile in the last few years. I still enjoy the full 1/4 blast too, so I will mix a few TNT's in there. I don't want to shift to 3rd gear at 93 mph and be like "what, that's it?"

Derek
Old 10-03-2009, 09:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was there that night with my brother and his 86 s10 with a 305 and mentioned to him "dude theres the only other cool car here" haha. i was curious what you ran but with the midnight madness thing they werent showing times.
ill be out there with my car next time they do it
Old 10-04-2009, 09:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Best time was 8.975@85.98mph. 2.504 60'. My 60' is always killing me, doesn't help that I'm on the laughing stock of tires, Riken Raptors. I lost to the black Evo(8 or 9) and the gutted Civic hatch with the slicks and turbo. Both of them got me out of the hole, I was gaining and then went damn 1/8th! Not quite enough room to make up for my errors at the tree.

I did see your brothers truck. It was a good time but I don't know if I'm going to go again.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Teching In

yea i have no idea how im gonna do with this car and street tires. ive never launched a M6 at the track so i hope i dont do too bad haha
Old 10-05-2009, 12:28 PM
Launching!

If the car ever wants to run again, I wanna go to sunshine and run it....hopefully with the auto she gets a good 60'.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sunshine last night