Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

NPD all chevy show

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NPD all chevy show

Was planning on checking out the all chevy show this weekend until I read...

"If you are planning to attend but not show a car, you'll be subject to the standard park entrance fee of $33.99/general, $24.99 for children ages 3-10. "

Are these people smoking crack? I mean wtf? I would have to drop $125 for my 2 kids, wife and myself to check out a car show? Yeah, okay. You're loosing 4 people and 1 camaro and after telling my in laws add on another 2 people and 1 vette.

Is that money donated because I can't see any excuse for those fees.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Those fees are set by the park not the show. If you do not have a vehicle in the show then you are considered a park visitor thus subject to the fees.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:33 PM
Launching!

I have no idea what park this is happening at but I'm assuming there are some kind of rides or something? Honestly I'm not interested in the park at all but would like to look at some cars. If this is in fact the case maybe NPD can kick this park to the curb and do the show elsewhere. Kissimmee has a 'park' where the annual corvette show is at. There is no attendance fee.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Check out sliver springs for more info. The mustangs have been doing for years (15 i think) there.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:40 AM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you take away the park (Silver Springs Theme Park), then you take away a big part of the show. Anyone can have a show in a parking lot, fairgrounds or the like, but the All-GM show and the Ford and Mustang show are different because the park allows for a family-friendly atmosphere. Let's be honest, as a car guy I don't care if it is held in a parking lot. But ask your wife and kids to sit on blacktop all day and, well, good luck with that (I know some would, but more wouldn't). When you consider the merry-go-round, glass bottom boat rides, kids petting zoo and more that Silver Springs always has going on on any given day, THEN add in the show you get a decent bang for the buck. The park isn't a charity case and they have to make money somehow to stay in business.

We've had over 1,000 cars and trucks for the Mustang and Ford (which in 2010 celebrates its 16th year) each of the last 3 years, and the All-GM show had 580 cars yesterday in its fourth year.

The park charges $21 for a vehicle and 2 people to enter, which is not a bad deal. The normal park rates you quoted are in effect year round, and you can buy a yearly-pass for less than 2 days admission that includes 18 concerts throughout the year.

Derek
Old 10-04-2009, 12:38 PM
12 Second Club

It was a great show thanks NPD and the sponsors for putting on this event, well worth the $21.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

it was a great show i had alot of fun
Old 10-04-2009, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Great show great cars great time!!! I wount miss a show. Pics comming soon.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here are my pics from the show. Like i said before. Great show great cars great time!!!. And set me up for next year.!! Enjoy!!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v7...omws6/silver4/

Last edited by 2001somws.6; 10-04-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2001somws.6
Here are my pics from the show. Like i said before. Great show great cars great time!!!. And set me up for next year.!! Enjoy!!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v7...omws6/silver4/
Thanks for the pics, wish I could have made it. Looks like it was an awesome show.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:50 PM
Teching In

Default Got that right!!

Originally Posted by Villain281H
If you take away the park (Silver Springs Theme Park), then you take away a big part of the show. Anyone can have a show in a parking lot, fairgrounds or the like, but the All-GM show and the Ford and Mustang show are different because the park allows for a family-friendly atmosphere. Let's be honest, as a car guy I don't care if it is held in a parking lot. But ask your wife and kids to sit on blacktop all day and, well, good luck with that (I know some would, but more wouldn't). When you consider the merry-go-round, glass bottom boat rides, kids petting zoo and more that Silver Springs always has going on on any given day, THEN add in the show you get a decent bang for the buck. The park isn't a charity case and they have to make money somehow to stay in business.

We've had over 1,000 cars and trucks for the Mustang and Ford (which in 2010 celebrates its 16th year) each of the last 3 years, and the All-GM show had 580 cars yesterday in its fourth year
The park charges $21 for a vehicle and 2 people to enter, which is not a bad deal. The normal park rates you quoted are in effect year round, and you can buy a yearly-pass for less than 2 days admission that includes 18 concerts throughout the year.

Derek
X's 2!! My wife hates car shows without venues!!

Quick Reply: NPD all chevy show