Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

A Special Thanks for my New Build

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 08:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default A Special Thanks for my New Build

1st I want to thank Vengence Racing for there ported FAST and there vrx2 cam and AFR for there awsome 205 heads, but I want to give a special thanks to RevXtreme in Bradenton. U may not be aware, but my engine was virtually destroyed with these new parts. Thank God it could of been alot worse but my expensive parts were saved.Their was metal fragments in the oil from the cam retaining plate wear that caused my engine to fail etc etc. Make a long story short, I dynoed my car there Sat Aug 15. Everything was fine that day, except the minute I was to return home 150 miles away. When I cranked the engine over, there was a loud noise and no oil was gettin to the Rockers and upper part of the engine. So Matt the Head mechanic drove me all the way home to Fort Pierce.this was at 7pm. I didn't get home until 11pm. I wanna Thank You Tracy, Matt and Nick for all your Patience from me always asking when is my car done hahahahaha. And I reccomend anyone to visit them for all your engine needs. They are professional and know what they are doin with LS1 engines.RevXtreme Was very fair with the engine rebuild price and done a great job. As soon as I get more Mileage on the engine I am goin to get it redynoed hoping for the 450rwhp range. My car now is an ultimate daily driver with over 20mpg. I am glad to have it back and will be returning to RevXtreme. Yea it is a long drive but, worth it to me for there quality and workmanship.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like great customer service
And luck with the new build.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good to hear about RevX, I have been talking to them over pm on another forum. I gonna have my car built by them, so this put my mind at ease. Glad to hear yours came out ok
Old 09-30-2009, 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I mean they totally disassemble the engine and inspect it. Piece by Piece. They and I now believe in degreeing a cam not just dot to dot. When they degreed mine they said I was off by 8 degrees doin the dot to dot.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:17 PM
TECH Resident

Good to hear its back in working order and they took care of you. I remember when you first had the install done, good luck they could save the parts and get you back on the road.

Quick Reply: A Special Thanks for my New Build