Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Florida Lemon Law Help???

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 09:31 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Florida Lemon Law Help???

Anyone on here dealt with the Lemon Law? I have filed all the paperwork, and Bob Steele currently has the HHR for the "final repair attempt".

My question is; should I attain an attorney? I can give more information, and even email you the service records for the entire ordeal if it helps, but here is a quick rundown.

I took delivery of my 2008 HHR SS with 107 miles on it, March 30th 2009. June 4th, I brought it to Bob Steele for the FIRST time to fix the misfiring issue. Since that day, I have brought it in 6 times (including June 4th), including last Tuesday (Nov 3rd, for the "final repair attempt"). Thus far, they have had possession of the vehicle for 27 days. Since I dropped it off last tuesday, I have talked to them 5 times. Each time I call them, or they call me, they keep telling me that they are waiting on the "engineers" to call them back to tell them what to do, so 7 days now and they havent touched the vehicle. Last Monday my dad and step mom went there and talked to the service manager (Randy Copeland), to try and figure out what is happening. Basically, they were told that they "dont know how to fix it".

I simply want my vehicle back so it can happen again and I can get my refund, the problem at this point is that the vehicle has 11,500mi on it, and every mile I put on it is less money GM has to pay me for the vehicle. This is the 6th time it has been to Bob Steele in the last 7,000 miles for misfiring. 27 days = $390 in days that I have paid for but havent had the joy of driving my vehicle. I am afraid I am going to have to get an attorney to get the maximum money back from GM that I can get.

Lastly, here is some quick numbers for you:

Delivery date: March 30, 2009 - 226 days ago
In 226 days, Bob Steele has had the HHR for misfiring 27 days, or 11.946% of the time.

First misfire date: (first time brought to Bob Steele for misfire) June 4th, 2009 - 160 days ago
In 160 days, Bob Steele has had the HHR for misfiring, 27 days, or 16.875% of the time.

Where do I go from here? I have submitted all the paperwork, but I am roadblocked until they give me the car back.

Thus far they have changed 16 valve springs, 2 valves, headgasket, 2 valve retainers, and the #4 spark plug. IDk...
Old 11-10-2009, 05:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

No need for an attorney I used the FL lemon Law back in 1994 with my 1992 Camaro Z/28. The process actually started in 1993 and took approx 14 months to complete. My car had acid rain in the paint from the factory (car was built in So Cal) the car was fully repainted 4 times, and spot painted 8 times in a 12 month period. I was given the option to accept a full paint job from any bodyshop of my choice at any cost or given a choice to pick a car of equal value to what I paid for my car at the time I think my 92 Z/28 was $14k, my 94 Z/28 was $20k GM ate the difference between the two cars for me.

Just be prepared for the long process in your case by the time the process is over you will not be able to get aan HHR SS as they will no longer be maid so your choice when it's done will be your money back, or money towards a new car. BTW not sure if you are aware but Bob Steel Chevrolet in Cocoa pics up a lot of performance cars like the HHR SS, and the Camaros from the local auto auction with the miles on the HHR SS it could have come from the auction.

All I can say again is stick it out the process is a real pain in the ***.

Sean
Old 11-11-2009, 08:10 AM
Launching!

They better not have done that, since i bought it with 107 miles on it as NEW. They also had to repaint 1 little spot on the roof when it had 7 miles on it so i would imagine it was new when they got it.

Thanks bro, I will let you know what happens next, if I ever get my car back.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:00 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I would write a NICE letter to the Dealers owner, I would assume Mr. Steele and tell him the situation if he may not know. They should buy the car back and give you another HHR with the same options and the same payments. I worked at dealership and that is normally what they do to keep GM/Dealership out of litagation. Know I don't know the exact concern beside it is a miss fire.

Depending on how much they are dicking you around, would weigh on if I would get a lawyer or not.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:08 AM
Launching!

Considering today is day 28 in the last 161 days that they have had the car, I just want my money back. I have ZERO problems turning right back around and buying a Colorado from the same dealership, I just want some help from them. I did a quick search yesterday and couldnt find any district mgr info for the Bob Steele area, but I think I may call the dealer and get it from them.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:40 AM
Launching!

Dealership just called, they are changing the fuel injectors and I should be ready for pickup tomorrow. I don't really see how fuel injectors could be causing this problem?
Old 11-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Launching!

Dealerships are required by law to give you a lemon law book when purchasing a NEW vehicle. When you filled out all of your finance paper work you probably signed a sheet of paper stating that you received a lemon law book.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:22 PM
Launching!

yeah, I got it, and i have sent in the forms in the back of it, both to GM corporate and the state attorney.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:27 PM
Teching In

As with any legal process document everything.

If you haven't already, get a notebook and note timelines, phone calls, who you talked to, what you talked about, what was promised, results - everything. Be detailed.

If you haven't done this start now and write down everything you remember.

Keep all documents, invoices, rental agreements, etc, etc. Everything.

Detailed, accurate documentation makes any process like this go much faster. Also it gives you a reference you can refer to so your side of the story is consistent. Hopefully you wont need it but it is better to be prepared just in case it is.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SpecV44
They better not have done that, since i bought it with 107 miles on it as NEW. They also had to repaint 1 little spot on the roof when it had 7 miles on it so i would imagine it was new when they got it.

Thanks bro, I will let you know what happens next, if I ever get my car back.
Trust me they have been doing that for some time the Camaros are dealer demos that go to the auction and they buy them and sell them as new. They had a IBM 1LT Camaro with a 2500 bump on it the car had 98 miles on it from the auction.

Sean
Old 11-12-2009, 03:03 PM
PSJ
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 01pewter2001z28
BTW not sure if you are aware but Bob Steel Chevrolet in Cocoa pics up a lot of performance cars like the HHR SS, and the Camaros from the local auto auction with the miles on the HHR SS it could have come from the auction.

Sean

He should have the window sticker....the window sticker should have the " original dealers " name and address on it.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:03 PM
Launching!

Well, check engine light flashed yesterday, checked it last night and had 2 codes; 1. Misfire detected, 2. misfire cylinder 4. Dropped it off at the dealer today, left in a 2010 Impala on rental. I asked the service manager where I go from here, he said call GM corporate and start arbitration. Lame...
Old 11-18-2009, 06:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SpecV44
Well, check engine light flashed yesterday, checked it last night and had 2 codes; 1. Misfire detected, 2. misfire cylinder 4. Dropped it off at the dealer today, left in a 2010 Impala on rental. I asked the service manager where I go from here, he said call GM corporate and start arbitration. Lame...

Yep it's a long process but if you want to get your monry back or something different start now.

-Keep all service records you will need them.

Good luck and kep us posted.

Sean

Quick Reply: Florida Lemon Law Help???