Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Wrecked my 96 SS

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 11:55 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about the loss but good to hear no one was heart. It sounds like you are taking it pretty well though. If I had people trying to buy parts off a car I liked that much when I never said i was going to part it out. I would be telling everyone to get bent, lol at least until I was ready to sell what parts I didn't want. As far as having an extra motor and rear laying around, you can never have enough and right when you don't think you need them you do.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry about the accident. One of the first losses I realised was the SS hood. Glad your getting another one. John
Old 11-24-2009, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by 95sscamaro
sorry bout you luck, least you ok, would you think you woul sell the z28-ss number bage that goes on the ash tray ?
Hmmmm, is that going to make your Z28 an "SS" !!? There ya go guys, we got another person who believes in transmigration of souls or reincarnation. You still need a vin# and SLP stickers on doors and under the hood, how r u gonna do that?

By the way, they sell them on ebay, you just CHOOSE a number for your Z..

The 96 REAL SSs are the ONE AND ONLY Camaros to ever be numbered like that on the consol (As far as I know), for you to come and buy a number off of a wrecked car and badge it on your consol is idiotic, be happy with your aftermarket ebay "SS" hood and spoiler and move on with your CLONE SS, the last thing you want is to SHOW OFF your fake 96 SS with a number on the consol UNTIL someone who knows these cars will tell you : "Hold on, why your "SS" doesn't have SLP stickers on both doors and under the hood?

I'm happy you're ok after the accident, please do NOT sell your car's number I'm begging you , I'll pay you DOUBLE over this guy and just keep the damn number, these cars are SO rare and your color was one of the rarest as far as I know, so please be smart and keep the number, otherwise you're just going to be killing the idea of this car being RARE.

How about buying a 2002 SS or Bird and buy someone GMMG's bumber, is that going to make your car a numbered GMMG? Stupid.
Buy some lamborghini style doors, and stick the word "Lamborghini" on the back of your Z, that sounds better.

Just an opinion, I KNOW some people will say "what a dick", it's fine with me, I'm not against SS hoods and SS spoilers and wheels, but I AM against badging fake SSs and stealing numbers from these rare cars.

Please do not sell your car's number, if you need money I'll buy it from you (I'll double this guy's offer) and literally keep it in my closet.

Happy thanksgiving everyone. Sorry to see these pictures and happy you're ok.

Last edited by itaintoveryet; 11-24-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:27 AM
On The Tree

dasmn man im sorry to see this it was a beautiful car man im glad ure ok
Old 06-10-2010, 11:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 02camaroburn
My airbag didn't deploy when I hit a gaurdrail either. I was coming up an on ramp and tried to speed up on bald tires and it downshifted and kicked out. Didn't hit anyone though. Sorry to see the loss but glad you're ok
Ive had several front enders that the airbags didnt deploy.
Crash sensors are positioned to protect the occupants under certain conditions. All of those criteria werent met in either of your cases.
I need to rephrase that..
Ive acquired several cars that have had front end damage and airbags didnt deploy.

Last edited by toplessHO; 06-10-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:15 PM
On The Tree

Glad your OK bud, I hope everything works out for you.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:25 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by itaintoveryet

The 96 REAL SSs and '97's.

Just an opinion, I KNOW some people will say "what a dick", it's fine with me, I'm not against SS hoods and SS spoilers and wheels, but I AM against badging fake SSs and stealing numbers from these rare cars.
Ditto!!
Old 06-13-2010, 06:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I had a accident in a denali. I was doin 70 and this idiot in front of me slams on the brake and has no tailights. Next thing I know I am on top of the guys s10, Guy has a concusion. It was a 3 car accident. Airbags of course did deploy. It was a scary day. Denali was totaled. Damage came up to firewall. Another accident happened that day, Honda civic was parked in the middle of the damn highway. Speed limit was 70. 8 car accident. I had the whole family in the car and god loves us. I saw the whole accident in front of my eyes. I people are still in the hospital from that day. I am sorry about your ss man. R.I.P.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:29 PM
TECH Addict

PM'd ya.

Quick Reply: Wrecked my 96 SS