Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Getting my LS1 tuned

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 07:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 for dan he really knows his stuff and the only tuner i let touch my z28. Hey dan asoon i get the 6.0 in i well be back for another tune.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:39 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dan@masportspeedshop
Need some help deciding? Here's some additional perspective...
We've tuned everything from stock Z06s to completely built, heavily-cammed monsters, including race cars that you'll see at Daytona, Sebring, etc! Movie cars? Sure...We did THE "I AM LEGEND Shelby GT500" that was used for camera close-ups. Exotics? How about mild to twin-turbo wild Mosler MT900s? The only F-IN'-AROUND we do here is when we drink a toast to the dudes that came in second. Enough said?

I would rank Dan as probably one of the best in the country period. We use his book as the bible of tuning and it has been key in putting us on the level we have evolved to. Lot's of good tuners around, but none of us can top Dan IMHO.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Dan, Hey Gary, hey Rick....+1 for Masport...but I'm biased....
Old 12-04-2009, 01:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

x(I lost track how many) for dan at masport. Genuine guy, good friend. Heck two years ago when I was a junior in High School, let my buddy and I work at the shop for a day. Hes a great guy, best tuner around. He will always work on my cars
Old 12-05-2009, 12:24 AM
Teching In

Sorry folks, fell off the face of the earth with window motor issues and now my passenger running lamp stopped working. I have been having a lot of electrical problems lately, i guess the tune is on hold for now =/
Old 12-05-2009, 11:56 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PontiacSpeed
Sorry folks, fell off the face of the earth with window motor issues and now my passenger running lamp stopped working. I have been having a lot of electrical problems lately, i guess the tune is on hold for now =/
Look closely at the lens. Most likely it has very small cracks in it. Look real close. Water gets in and then the "bulb socket" goes out.
Happened a few times to my '98 T/A until I bought a new clone lens on ebay. Put just a 'lil bit of clear silicone bead around the bulb socket where it locks into the lamp assembly. Had the car over 1 year after the fix with no more socket problems.

So now you know how to check your running/signal light problem, and also where to go for that Tune..... MASPORT.

Quick Reply: Getting my LS1 tuned