Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Getting my LS1 tuned

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 03:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting my LS1 tuned

I live in the Miami Lakes area, where is a good shop to get my car tuned?
Old 11-26-2009, 03:39 PM
On The Tree

Default Here 'Ya Go.......

Dan at MASPORT in Boca Raton.
www.masportspeedshop.com

Last edited by RapidRick; 12-02-2009 at 08:01 AM.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:10 AM
10 Second Club

X2! Dan at Masport- the only place you should take it.
Old 11-27-2009, 04:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

I know that jeremy formato is a very good tuner. He is faster proms on here. He did a great job on my car and I know of a lot of ther people that he has done some good work for.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:36 PM
On The Tree

If you read post, the Gent who is looking, lives in Miami Lakes, not Jeremy's neighborhood.

Appts. are When & Where....

Yes Jeremy and Dan are both amongst the select best.

Dan is logical choice and closer to Miami Lakes is all.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:14 AM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't forget Jeremy Formato travels to many different areas (under Jeremy F screen name on here).

MaSport also seems to have a great reputation.

Derek
Old 12-01-2009, 05:19 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Need some help deciding? Here's some additional perspective...
We've tuned everything from stock Z06s to completely built, heavily-cammed monsters, including race cars that you'll see at Daytona, Sebring, etc! Movie cars? Sure...We did THE "I AM LEGEND Shelby GT500" that was used for camera close-ups. Exotics? How about mild to twin-turbo wild Mosler MT900s? The only F-IN'-AROUND we do here is when we drink a toast to the dudes that came in second. Enough said?
Attached Thumbnails Getting my LS1 tuned-c6-z06.gif   Getting my LS1 tuned-big-cam-z06.gif   Getting my LS1 tuned-i-am-legend-movie-car.gif   Getting my LS1 tuned-z06-racer.gif   Getting my LS1 tuned-mosler-mt900.gif  

Getting my LS1 tuned-twin-turbo-mosler-mt900.gif  
Old 12-01-2009, 05:53 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by dan@masportspeedshop
We've tuned everything from stock Z06s to completely built, heavily-cammed monsters, including race cars that you'll see at Daytona, Sebring, etc! Movie cars? Sure...We did THE "I AM LEGEND Shelby GT500" that was used for camera close-ups. Exotics? How about mild to twin-turbo wild Mosler MT900s? The only F-IN'-AROUND we do here is when we drink a toast to the dudes that came in second. Enough said?
That was enough said for me, Dan is the man and a tuning guru! Not only will you get the best tune out there you will get a great friend.
+1 for Dan

here is a video of him tuning my 1999 Z
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlk2Iy0eLzo
Old 12-01-2009, 08:05 PM
9 Second Club

+100 Dan is awesome. Has had his hands on most of the fastest cars in So.FL.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:07 PM
9 Second Club

Hey Dan, I need some dyno time. Can I get in after PRI?
Old 12-02-2009, 07:57 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by 3fingas
Hey Dan, I need some dyno time. Can I get in after PRI?
Already have you penciled in! Can't wait to see what that bad bastard will do now that your new hardware is in. I heard you installed a bourbon dispenser to console the poor suckers who line up with you down the 1/4. You must be going soft 'cause of the holidays...rumour had it that you used to prep the contender with vaseline!!
Old 12-02-2009, 08:06 AM
On The Tree

Default "Holy Smokes!"

Already have you penciled in! Can't wait to see what that bad bastard will do now that your new hardware is in. I heard you installed a bourbon dispenser to console the poor suckers who line up with you down the 1/4. You must be going soft 'cause of the holidays...rumour had it that you used to prep the contender with vaseline!!
Funny stuff...lol

btw, the original thread starter "PontiacSpeed" has all but dissapeared......
could he be using a recycled handheld?
Old 12-02-2009, 08:26 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by firstinlastout86
That was enough said for me, Dan is the man and a tuning guru! Not only will you get the best tune out there you will get a great friend.
+1 for Dan

here is a video of him tuning my 1999 Z
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlk2Iy0eLzo
Thanks for the kind words!! I'm still wrenchin' on my little project, but I'll be back at the track soon enough.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:33 AM
9 Second Club

LOL.. You know me.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RapidRick
If you read post, the Gent who is looking, lives in Miami Lakes, not Jeremy's neighborhood.

Appts. are When & Where....

Yes Jeremy and Dan are both amongst the select best.

Dan is logical choice and closer to Miami Lakes is all.
Yes I know that dan is closer but jeremy makes trips down south all the time to do work. Im not trying to take anything away from dan. I never have used him but im sure that he does good work. I just know that jeremy did my car and I am very happy with the way that it turned out. I was just trying to throw out some options for this guy.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Skeet Skeet
Yes I know that dan is closer but jeremy makes trips down south all the time to do work. Im not trying to take anything away from dan. I never have used him but im sure that he does good work. I just know that jeremy did my car and I am very happy with the way that it turned out. I was just trying to throw out some options for this guy.
Not to worry, It's all good.

Well given the choice tho, go Dyno Dan. There is no substitute.
After he laid his hands on my ride, I'm second in the Challenge points at our local track.
Driving is only the second half of it. Got to have it all working in tuning harmony to extract the most on a consistant basis.

Also, what about follow up or something you may question that requires a wrench placed back on your ride?

I'd think it's tough dealing with a "Travelin' Tuner, no?

I've gone back a couple of times for a follow up and always recv'd a handshake and help. Not a hand again in my pocket.

DynoDan keeps his customer base as a smart businessman too! JMO.

Besides and Remember, he wrote the book.....lol

Check it out.
WWW.THETUNINGBOOK.COM

WWW.MASTERENGINETUNER.COM

Hey, where is the poster?...."PontiacSpeed", anyway?

Last edited by RapidRick; 12-02-2009 at 10:03 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:36 PM
TECH Junkie

what's a full tune run at Masport? wot and driveability.....
Old 12-02-2009, 03:28 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by teke184
what's a full tune run at Masport? wot and driveability.....
Depends on what has been done to the car. If the car has bolt-ons only, it's as low as $450. Prices go up from there depending on how heavily modified the engine is and what you want from the car. Our most expensive tune? That'd be for Pro race teams who pay us over $3200 to fully tune their cars on both the dyno (including track-specific-simulation tuning) and at the road-race tracks. They even have the trophies to show for it. It all comes down to your car and your desires. Our tunes aren't the cheapest out there, but then when was quality ever free? Maybe Grandma's apple pie, but even she had to fork out the Benji's to keep you well fed.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:16 PM
TECH Junkie

just a basic heads/cam....

that's assuming i someday afford heads
Old 12-02-2009, 06:57 PM
10 Second Club

In my experience, money spent with Dan, is money well spent. I have always been skeptical of "tuners". However, Dan will walk you through everything and answer any questions you may have. Masport isn't one of those shops where you ask yourself "Are these guys playing games, or am I getting what I paid for?"

The current car I have has a mild combo. I built it in Chicago, where it was tuned by a very reputable shop, who is also a sponsor of this site. The tune was good, I have no complaints, the car ran well. However, Dan made some changes that made a 8-10hp difference from 3000rpm to redline. The best part was I wasn't even there for that. Next, we tuned my nitrous system and got it set up with a safe A/F ratio and perfect timing curve. By the time I left the car was running great, and I couldn't have been happier.

The next week I hit the track. The weather wasn't as good the previous time I had been there, (+400 da more than the previous outing). Besides the tune and weather conditions, everything was exactly the same. Thanks to Dan's changes my car went .2 faster and gained a solid 1mph on hp (with the nitrous tune) over my personal best!

Since then I have asked Dan to make small changes, for which he has always had time for me. I have referred him to friends (one with a Ford GT he recently tuned which is an absolute beast) who all have had great results. Anyone who has been racing for a while, or has worked in this business knows there is something to be said about this. Dan isn't one of those guru's who works on your car and shoves you on your way. It's nice to come across a guy who knows his stuff, but doesn't have that "I know my stuff, everyone knows I do, so I'm a dick and everyone just has to deal with it" attitude.

Last edited by Sofls1; 12-02-2009 at 07:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Getting my LS1 tuned