Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Who's sick of the rain?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 01:26 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 63 Likes on 36 Posts

We have manged two days in a row with now rain. I have been driving my 65 twice a day to make up for it!
Old 08-28-2010, 11:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah stayed dry here today too, guess the car will get me to class next week. Not bad, only my second opti in 6 or 7 years, and this one wasn't completely shot anyway I took off.(Randomly would start to break up, no set time for it to start going nuts, just be driving fine then WHAM! Missing like crazy, even after a coil/ICM swap with a good one I had laying around.)

I enjoy going to the track, but with it being two hours ONE way, I'm going to make sure its bone dry from now on, went out to OSW about 9 months ago only for it to rain on and off throughout the night, what a tease. Make a pass then sit around for an hour and a half! Everything is two hours, Gainesville, OSW, Bradenton. The Hernando airport doesn't seem very busy, they should use a runway on Friday nights for some flashlight drags or something. No timing equipment, just run the person next to you.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It dont bother me since my car is down.....

Just makes more fun for me and my daily driven snorkled jeep!
Old 08-29-2010, 05:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by camar0corey
Yeah stayed dry here today too, guess the car will get me to class next week. Not bad, only my second opti in 6 or 7 years, and this one wasn't completely shot anyway I took off.(Randomly would start to break up, no set time for it to start going nuts, just be driving fine then WHAM! Missing like crazy, even after a coil/ICM swap with a good one I had laying around.)

I enjoy going to the track, but with it being two hours ONE way, I'm going to make sure its bone dry from now on, went out to OSW about 9 months ago only for it to rain on and off throughout the night, what a tease. Make a pass then sit around for an hour and a half! Everything is two hours, Gainesville, OSW, Bradenton. The Hernando airport doesn't seem very busy, they should use a runway on Friday nights for some flashlight drags or something. No timing equipment, just run the person next to you.
Yeah i have been rained out the last two weeks when going to the track other then that i like the rain makes for fun fish tailing from light to light and its not *** hard on the car or tires.You should check out CENTRAL FLORIDA RACE COMPLEX its only 8th mile but they open at 8pm and dont close till 1am on fridays and 2am on sundays so i go to osw from 6pm to 10pm then shoot over to cfrc and watch till they close makes for a good night and doesnt make the long drive seem as bad
Old 08-29-2010, 09:50 AM
The House is Rockin'

Originally Posted by camar0corey
The Hernando airport doesn't seem very busy, they should use a runway on Friday nights for some flashlight drags or something. No timing equipment, just run the person next to you.

the crystal river airport is chirpin crickets every night, lets make'em a offer

Last edited by BLUES MAN; 08-29-2010 at 09:55 AM.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:40 AM
TECH Resident

Yup. Im sick of the rain and hot. I want January weather for a little bit
Old 08-29-2010, 01:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Raining again!!!!WTF!!!!
Old 08-29-2010, 01:59 PM
On The Tree

Default Well atleast you're not up North.

Track is closed for 4 months+, and Car Stuff hard to find, so now your stuck only doing the "Horizontal Mambo" with your "other Best Girl" (not a bad thing at all).

Then the track finally opens to temps in the 30's or 40's.
It may touch 50* if you are extremely lucky that day in March at some point, but usually around 2-4pm.

But now you can't hook the tire's 80% of the time, with the track surface temps being cold.

Even on the street, the tires are almost rock hard in most cases, and it's hard to hook a decent running car even from a slow roll. (tho, real races are from a dig).

Now who want's to talk about the SNOW.

The SHOVELING of it.
The CLEARING of the Driveway, or DIGGING out and CLEARING off of the ICE and SNOW on your DD or Hot Rod....

Now try to drive in it, in BLUSTERY, WINTERY weather with any kind of High HP.....lol

Let's not forget the Freezing Rain, Sub 30,20,and 10* temps, and anticipating the first out of the ordinary 60-70 degree day in February or March, but only on a weekday when most folks have to work, or are in School..

Not so, so bad down here in FLA when I think on it a bit, especially after growling at the rainy day that kept me from taking one of my toy's for a Cruise, to a Cruise Night, or to the Track.

Hey did I mention about FREEZING Cold Days on end, and the SNOW?

JMO...
Old 08-29-2010, 03:22 PM
TECH Addict

Screw being up North that place just sucks Donkey Dick!!!!!!!!
Old 08-29-2010, 11:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I hear it on the snow, I keep telling my family I'm not moving back to PA unless there is somewhere to house the car during winter that has made me bleed funds and blood for six years.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:42 AM
TECH Addict

Raining again !!!!!
Old 08-30-2010, 08:06 AM
On The Tree

I prefer the rain over the fires we had a few years back.........

speaking of rain, time to cut the grass..... again
Old 08-30-2010, 08:20 AM
The House is Rockin'

they call this stormy monday'

Quick Reply: Who's sick of the rain?