Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

This camaro is F'd up there is no someone walked from this one

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 07:22 PM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by R1ch
Looks like he was doing about 175 at 8800 RPM when he lost it, according to the picture of the gauge bezel.
Yea, and a full tank of gas!

There is another article on this wreck, it says the cause was bald rear tires and it was raining at the time. You can see one rear tire in one of the pics, it's not exactly new looking.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was pretty obvious that the people or person inside that car were likely killed in the crash. My concern was for the VICTIMS who may have been hit... And I'm jumping to conclusions based on the stuck gauges which may be altogether wrong(but considering the damage the moron did to the car, they were probably close to accurate). I'm thinking this one may have been suicide and even if not, I have NO sympathy for the knuckle-headed fool who killed himself by driving like the idiot he surely was. Once I saw the news video, I realized he did hit someone, but I don't know how she's doing.

Originally Posted by QWIK Z of OP
you're an idiot... "LOL", really bro? you must be a lonely person.
I'm not sure how lonely he is, but at least he can THINK for himself. Don't be a dunce. He was clearly laughing directly at himself and if you can't figure that out, maybe you should post elsewhere.

And YES, some moron met his maker upon crashing. Oh well. I'm just hopeful the 16yr old girl was either uninjured or will make a full recovery because she shouldn't have to pay for him being such a moron. I don't see why ANYONE, including mommy and daddy would feel bad for him. HE was an idiot and he paid for it, which he should have!

If it turns out he had some condition which caused a seizure, AND that it had been undiagnosed, I'll gladly take back my words. However, as it appears, he was just being a moron and paid for it.

Sorry folks, but I'm just sick of all the whining about death, AS IF it's never gonna happen and we should all feel sorry for the idiots when they weed themselves out. Stop feeling sorry for the idiots of the world.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jays_SSZ28
Yea, and a full tank of gas!

There is another article on this wreck, it says the cause was bald rear tires and it was raining at the time. You can see one rear tire in one of the pics, it's not exactly new looking.
from my post on this months ago when it happened 7/16
"News said wet roads were a factor
Remember in Fla that its just like ice.
Keep good tires on your car."

These cars are hard enough to control dry with good tires.
Impossible wet with bad ones.Sad thing is 2 kids are left behind without a Dad.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by It'llrun
It was pretty obvious that the people or person inside that car were likely killed in the crash. My concern was for the VICTIMS who may have been hit... And I'm jumping to conclusions based on the stuck gauges which may be altogether wrong(but considering the damage the moron did to the car, they were probably close to accurate). I'm thinking this one may have been suicide and even if not, I have NO sympathy for the knuckle-headed fool who killed himself by driving like the idiot he surely was. Once I saw the news video, I realized he did hit someone, but I don't know how she's doing.

I'm not sure how lonely he is, but at least he can THINK for himself. Don't be a dunce. He was clearly laughing directly at himself and if you can't figure that out, maybe you should post elsewhere.

And YES, some moron met his maker upon crashing. Oh well. I'm just hopeful the 16yr old girl was either uninjured or will make a full recovery because she shouldn't have to pay for him being such a moron. I don't see why ANYONE, including mommy and daddy would feel bad for him. HE was an idiot and he paid for it, which he should have!

If it turns out he had some condition which caused a seizure, AND that it had been undiagnosed, I'll gladly take back my words. However, as it appears, he was just being a moron and paid for it.

Sorry folks, but I'm just sick of all the whining about death, AS IF it's never gonna happen and we should all feel sorry for the idiots when they weed themselves out. Stop feeling sorry for the idiots of the world.
Not sure how many females go by the name of Robb.
You're assuming an aweful lot, you might want to look into some facts before posting bullshit. And although we're all limited to the facts there are some out there, and none claim that excessive speed was a factor.

There have been a few threads on this site where people have wrecked when the road was hardly damp, yet they're riding around with drag radials and sometimes even spools and they just can't figure out what went wrong.

It's been said that the roads were wet, the quote below said it was actually raining and his tires were worn, which you can see the drivers side rear tire in one of the pics.

I don't know what driving skills you have but I know plenty of people who have spun out or hydroplaned with perfectly good tires.

I don't think the guy was an idiot speeding in the rain. His only fault may have only been driving on bad tires. Just as dumb as driving in the rain with drag radials yet people do that and think it's fine.

By Florida Auto Accident Attorney on July 21, 2010

A Eustis, Florida man, who lost control of his car on a rural road, was killed Thursday evening July, 15, reports istockanalyst.com.

Anthony Langhorne, 25, was traveling on State Road 44 near Lake County Road 437 when he lost control of his 2000 Chevrolet Camaro. Langhorne’s vehicle drifted into the path of an eastbound 1999 Chevy Prizm and was struck on its right side by the oncoming car. The Florida Highway Patrol reports that Langhorne’s car was split in two and Langhorne was thrown from the vehicle as it spun around onto the median. Witnesses said the car appeared to lose control on the wet payment.

The Chevy was driven by Robb Hartman, 16, of Sorrento, who was taken to Orlando Regional Medical Center where he is in serious condition.

The fatal Florida auto accident happened during a heavy rain storm which closed a four-mile section of SR 44 for more than three hours.

The Florida Highway Patrol noted that the Camaro’s rear tires had little tread left, though they did not say that a tire separation or blowout contributed to the vehicle accident.

Tire companies would like to limit Florida auto products liability lawsuits, especially after a series of recent court cases. Goodyear recently settled a lawsuit in a case where the driver was killed following a tire blowout in a Camaro Z28.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:59 AM
TECH Addict

Not sure how many females go by the name of Robb.
You're assuming an aweful lot, you might want to look into some facts before posting bullshit.
I heard the video wrong. I heard the car the IDIOT ran into was driven by a 16yr old named Robin(which made me think girl. So it was a boy... Does THAT make it okay for the IDIOT to have been driving like an IDIOT? I think not. However, it must make my post BS... to a MORON.

And although we're all limited to the facts there are some out there, and none claim that excessive speed was a factor.
Ohhhh... I suppose you're one of those who believes the 4th gen was so PATHETICALLY BUILT that it would literally rip into two pieces upon impact at ANY normally posted speed in FL. Not remotely likely, by the way.

Anthony was surely making several mistakes to have this kind of crash. Call it what you want, but his car WAS speeding, period. He was apparently also not wearing a seat belt, which may explain why he failed to regain control. He also ran into the wrong lane, showing high likelihood he was driving too fast for conditions. His tires weren't acceptable(so it seems) and he didn't replace them before attempting to drive in an apparent downpour. He was the person responsible for the crash... HE was an idiot!

As for my driving skills, I've logged about 2 million miles in America, about 450,000 of which have been in Florida. I'm familiar with ALL types of conditions one may encounter in FL and frankly, the rest of the "lower 48." I also lived within about 1.5 to 2hrs of the crash scene for 5+yrs and have been on that road many times since I had family in EusLESS as well as Tavares, Mt. Dora and other towns in the area, who lived there since the 60's. My "skills" would tell me not to drive that fast on a public road, let alone in a storm... Then again, I'm NOT an idiot.

PS It looks like he actually hit 2 other vehicles, or caused them to hit each other. Looks like 3 crashed cars in the video.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:30 AM
Banned

Then again, I'm NOT an idiot.
Not until your mistakes are made public, as for now you're just a raging *******.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:52 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was just laughing at my repost, but dont understand why he posted it nor do I care. My car is in one piece and so is my bike I am no the idiot that wrecked it nor stupid doing stupid **** on a road where there is other traffic.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

you guys do realize that the gauges probably just ended up like that, right? They don't "stick" when there is an accident... and seeing how there is no front damage I seriously doubt the car was sliding sideways at 175mph/8800rpm.... just sayin'
Old 10-07-2010, 01:00 PM
TECH Addict

Not until your mistakes are made public, as for now you're just a raging *******.
Ya don't like it, GIMME A FAT LIP!

Unlike you, I'm WISE enough to know it... And strong enough to face the truth. Meanwhile, you're just another internet wannabe who thinks it's not okay to hurt someones feelings with the truth of your own opinion, unless it's PC or includes lashing out at those you cannot control because they aren't being sweet enough to suit you. Here's a hint... Grow up.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:29 PM
Banned

Ya don't like it, GIMME A FAT LIP!

Unlike you, I'm WISE enough to know it... And strong enough to face the truth. Meanwhile, you're just another internet wannabe who thinks it's not okay to hurt someones feelings with the truth of your own opinion, unless it's PC or includes lashing out at those you cannot control because they aren't being sweet enough to suit you. Here's a hint... Grow up.
So.... what part of new york are you from?
Old 10-07-2010, 03:43 PM
TECH Addict

So.... what part of new york are you from?
Hmmm... Is there a West Palm Beach in New York? I actually grew up closer to Belle Glade and Clewiston, with a sprinkle of Okeechobee, Immokalee, Pahokee and LaBelle thrown in. You can think of me as your local redneck *******... I don't mind. I've been putting up with folks like you for decades, most of which weren't on the interWEB... Trash talking fools, nonetheless, they were.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:58 PM
TECH Addict

So you're inbred, how long is your mullet?
Oh... You got me on that one! I AM CRUSHED!

You aren't capable of keeping up with me, so I'll go easy on ya. I find it funny that some wannabe apparently from the Port St. LOUSY area would call anyone an inbred... Heh... I've been there myself and I know that, in general, the gene pool is quite shallow.

Seeing you brought a butter knife to a cannon fight, I'll let this go. Good day, KIDDO.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:37 PM
Banned

Old 10-07-2010, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 10-07-2010, 09:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

geez!!!! i am tuning in for this one.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast