Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

how is the car scene near ft myers/lehigh acres?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 02:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default how is the car scene near ft myers/lehigh acres?

i'm thinking of moving down to the area because the COL seems pretty cheap (i'm looking at a 2 bdrom 2 bath duplex w/ 2 car garage for under $600/mo) and i hate winter. I'm not sure what i'm going to do for work since i've been unemployed for 2+ years but i'll have some survival money for awhile. How is it down there? decent area? i lived in pompano beach for 2 years back in 03-05 and it was a bit too expensive and crowded for me but this seems like a better alternative since the duplex i'm looking at looks to be in a decent neighborhood and is cheaper than the shitty ghetto studio i first rented in margate back in 2003.

this is what i'm looking at FWIW

http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/apa/2156283124.html
Old 01-12-2011, 03:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you couldn't pay me to live in lehigh. lots of break ins, but I would check it out- it is pretty far from fort myers- about 20-30 min. Depending on where you work it could suck driving back and forth.

If I were you i would look in Cape Coral over lehigh. there are lots of good deals out there. find a place you like and offer them less, you will be suprised on what people will take. also make sure the person renting you the home is the person that owns it- lots of fraud with people taking first and last and say see ya.

The job market sucks, but if you have any kind of education you should be able to find something.

where in Indiana are you from, I moved from Fort Wayne 6 years ago, and never looked back.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by black01_WS6
you couldn't pay me to live in lehigh. lots of break ins, but I would check it out- it is pretty far from fort myers- about 20-30 min. Depending on where you work it could suck driving back and forth.

If I were you i would look in Cape Coral over lehigh. there are lots of good deals out there. find a place you like and offer them less, you will be suprised on what people will take. also make sure the person renting you the home is the person that owns it- lots of fraud with people taking first and last and say see ya.

The job market sucks, but if you have any kind of education you should be able to find something.

where in Indiana are you from, I moved from Fort Wayne 6 years ago, and never looked back.
i live in crown point. part of the reason i'm up here is how much trouble i've had with jobs in the past. I had something like 9 jobs in 5 years and have been unemployed since the summer of 2008. I am trying to not worry about that right now as i already have enough to worry about with losing my dad and losing my home when we sell it. i am in counseling for depression and i might have asperger's syndrome which is probably why i've always had trouble keeping jobs. I think i need something like a work from home type job where i'm not dealing with being in an office or commuting, etc.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Join the forum SWFLracing.com. Follow the introduction instructions and they will tell you where it happens. There seem to be a few legit cars there.

Quick Reply: how is the car scene near ft myers/lehigh acres?