Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Enjoy heads-up index / Unleashed-style racing? Here's your chance to race in 2011!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 07:18 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Smile Enjoy heads-up index / Unleashed-style racing? Here's your chance to race in 2011!!

10.0, 11.0, 12.0 INDEX CLASSES ADDED TO DIVISION 2 LUCAS OIL EVENTS
The 2011 Division 2 Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series events will feature an addition of 3 select “index” classes to the program. All three index classes will be running for the coveted Wally trophy and will be collecting points toward the 2011 Division 2 Championship title.
Rules will parallel the popular NHRA Unleashed program and are available at www.nhraunleashed.com
· Deep staging is allowed in all index classes. Courtesy staging is not required. The tree is in Autostart mode, and will not be held to allow extra time to deep stage.
· Index classes will be laddered on a Sportsman ladder beginning 1st round.
· Index classes will be run on a Pro Tree (4-tenths pro tree for 10 second, 5-tenths for 11 and 12 second).
· Delay boxes and/or timed throttle stops prohibited. Mechanical type throttle stops permitted. Any adjustment during the run prohibited. Timers of any kind associated with, but not limited to, fuel and/or nitrous delivery, throttle control, vehicle performance criteria, etc. are strictly prohibited. Transmission brake and two-steps are permitted.

Entry fee for each of the 10.0, 11.0, and 12.0 Index classes is $100 with the winner taking home $1,000. The runner-up will receive $400. And semi-finalists will collect $200. In accordance with the current NHRA rulebook, a competition license is not required to participate in these classes. However, in order to earn points and be in contention for a 2011 Division 2 Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series Championship title participants must have a current NHRA E.T. competition number.

Entry Fee INDEX Classes: $100 includes car & driver for all three days.

Index racing has dramatically increased in popularity throughout the Southeast Division and the addition of these 3 classes to the 2011 Division 2 Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series events provides an opportunity for NHRA member tracks to further develop their Index programs. This is the first time that Index racers will have the chance to collect points and run for a division championship as part of the Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series.

The current 2011 Division 2 Lucas Oil Drag Racing Schedule includes:

· Bradenton, Florida (Bradenton Motorsports Park)
February 11-13
· Gainesville, Florida (Gainesville Raceway)
February 18-20
· Cecil, Georgia (South Georgia Motorsports Park)
March 4-6
· Commerce, Georgia (Atlanta Dragway)
May 20-22
· Reynolds, Georgia (Silver Dollar Raceway)
October 14-16

For those that have wanted to try the next level in racing but aren't into bracket racing, this gives you the chance to try an index-based race with a lot of other classes to check out. Besides the chance to win a wally, as mentioned you could win a Division 2 title.
The daily schedule for index classes at this point (subject to change):
Friday has 2 rounds of qualifying, Saturday's single qualifying session is slated first thing in the morning, then round one happens Saturday afternoon. Sunday is an all elimination day.

For more information, check out www.nhradiv2.com and you'll find contact phone and e-mail information as well for any questions.

I'm planning to run 11.00 at Gainesville. Hope to see some of you there!

Derek
Old 02-14-2011, 06:39 AM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump this: Gainesville race is this weekend.

Bradenton had the following counts this past weekend: 10.00 index: 10 cars
11.00 index: 21 cars
12.00 index: 16 cars

So a five round (at most) race for a grand. The participants got four time runs between Friday and Saturday, and some of the other classes run during the weekend are cool to watch as well.

Derek
Old 02-14-2011, 07:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn I have to work all 3 days. I guess I lost track of the dates. Maybe I can make Valdosta.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be down to watch but no racing for me. The rules excluding progressive controllers and timers of any sort for nitrous knock me out.

Quick Reply: Enjoy heads-up index / Unleashed-style racing? Here's your chance to race in 2011!!