Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Where to get a good tune near palm beach?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 10:57 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are more than enough qualified tuners in this area, most of which have already been mentioned. Give everyone a call and decide for yourself
Old 02-22-2011, 08:42 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Many thanks to all who have kind words to say about us! If I could offer a bit of advice...When it comes to tuning, you get what you pay for. I've been tuning for over 20 years and I can tell you this: If you're looking for a cheap tune, you won't have a lot of time spent on your car by any tuner. Stock tunes are easy, but what happens when you want to modify your car? Don't think of any one investment in your car as just one investment. Keep your long terms goals in mind. Ultimately, this will be much cheaper in the long run. If you want more done to the car later, how much will those mods cost WITH THE TUNING? Is your tuner willing (or capable) of supporting you when you need help or have questions? We do all of Mosler's factory tuning for them and the latest is a 1045 hp / 1050 ft/lbs twin turbo LS7 THROUGH THE CATALYTICS (check out the homepage at www.masportspeedshop.com for more cool stuff). Sure, I'm a good tuner, but my support, experience and R&D is worth more to them than just numbers. Any tuner will tell you they're good and that they'll support you. What does their experience show and how much experience do they have relative to your long-term goals? Price will always be a factor, just make sure you think through your plans and goals to determine if it's the most important factor. Lastly, if your car is stock and it's an "easy tune", why not consider learning how to tune it yourself? This may be a better solution for you so that as you move forward with your modifications, you'll be able to tune it yourself and get more out of your hobby and passion. Plus you'll save a few bucks in the long run. Food for thought...
Old 03-21-2011, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by ffrh911
So I have some options but don't like either. This guy anthony with mobile dyno solutions has a dyno jet trailer. For me and three other ls1s to get tuned it would be 250$ and 100$ hp tuners credit so 350 per car. Kinda pricey just to tune stockish ls1s. Whatta you guys think?

Also my buddy knows steve with lightening autosports in boynton who's is pretty damn good but he mostly does mustangs. I can get a tune for pretty cheap. Less than half pice of the other as a matter of fact but he still a mustang guy so idk...

Just help me!!
You forgot to mention that my price was to pack up everything and bring the entire dyno, tools and equipment an hour south to you. An hour to setup for 3 cars and an hour back up north. Your tuning price included delivery, fuel, my time, the tuning, etc. You were looking at 175 plus the credit fee for tuning if you came up to me. And if all 3 of you were the same year make/model I could give you a discount on the credits too.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:42 PM
TECH Resident

I have heard good things about Anthony and there is also HP LOGIC down south !!!

Last edited by Street Racer; 03-21-2011 at 11:50 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AnthonyMDS
You forgot to mention that my price was to pack up everything and bring the entire dyno, tools and equipment an hour south to you. An hour to setup for 3 cars and an hour back up north. Your tuning price included delivery, fuel, my time, the tuning, etc. You were looking at 175 plus the credit fee for tuning if you came up to me. And if all 3 of you were the same year make/model I could give you a discount on the credits too.

Good point, alot of times people forget that gas is $3.50 a gallon when its not their car. I'm mobile in my profession and it does get expensive just to get to the job.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dan at Masport (561) 338-9321 this guy is the best at what he does and will answer all your questions.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Another vote for Dan as Masport. I have had multiple tunes, and Dan fixed my car so it runs as good as I hope it looks.

If for some reason not Yoda, I mean Dan, then Lashway. Eric is a super nice guy, and is working on building a super business. If Dan disappeared, Eric would be my Second choice, and easily so.

Quick Reply: Where to get a good tune near palm beach?