Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

wanna see what a totaled camaro looks like??

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011 | 07:27 PM
TECH Regular

Who's your insurance company?
Old 03-30-2011 | 07:28 PM
On The Tree

A tow truck driver told me after my last accident to never sign any kind of release for my vehicle until an agreement was met with the insurance. Just letting you know. Now I know why.
Old 03-30-2011 | 07:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by topfig1
Who's your insurance company?
USAA

Originally Posted by 88gtman
A tow truck driver told me after my last accident to never sign any kind of release for my vehicle until an agreement was met with the insurance. Just letting you know. Now I know why.
I haven't signed a single thing
Old 03-30-2011 | 07:38 PM
TECH Regular

Ah, I suspected you had them. I had them for two years. They inadvertantly dropped my coverage on four vehicles for four months but were taking my payments. All I tried to do was adjust some of my coverage. I asked them what would havbe happened if I got in a wreck? They said they would have covered me. I dropped them like a used rubber and picked up GEICO. They have been great. Engine caught fire at speed shop (injector o ring) and they came down same day and asked the speed shop to fix it. Was quick and painless. Total cost was nearly 4,000.00.

Angel
Old 03-30-2011 | 07:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by topfig1
Ah, I suspected you had them. I had them for two years. They inadvertantly dropped my coverage on four vehicles for four months but were taking my payments. All I tried to do was adjust some of my coverage. I asked them what would havbe happened if I got in a wreck? They said they would have covered me. I dropped them like a used rubber and picked up GEICO. They have been great. Engine caught fire at speed shop (injector o ring) and they came down same day and asked the speed shop to fix it. Was quick and painless. Total cost was nearly 4,000.00.

Angel
Thanks, that's good to know!
Old 03-30-2011 | 07:52 PM
Teching In

Wow dude, thats insane. I can't believe they're giving you the run around. When my SS was rearended last December by a kid who fell asleep, I was wearing my glasses and he hit me so hard that my glasses ended up in the trunk. haha, well thankfully his car was so low to the ground that he basically just picked up the rear of my car and effed up his hood and windshield. Insurance tried to total my car even though there was no frame damage and all that needed replaced was the bottom of the trunk rear bumper and some paint work. My car booked for nearly 9,000 but Progressive (his insurance) said it was worth 4,000 and they determine this by taking the value of 5 similar cars (Camaro SS) and average their values to determine mine......wtf?!?

Needless to say we just told our insurance company to fix it and to go after Progressive for the money, which they did and now I have fresh paint on the back of my car. These insurance companies are good at playing hard ball but usually it's against the other person, not the person who has a policy with them!
Old 03-30-2011 | 08:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I know... it's ridiculous
Old 03-30-2011 | 08:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wow that sucks
Old 03-30-2011 | 08:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Disappointing to hear, I've had insurance through USAA since 2003. Never had any issues.
I open this thread expecting some carnage, the body damage almost looks like you would be alright with hitting it with a buffer. Hope this situation turns out well for you.
Old 03-30-2011 | 09:40 PM
On The Tree

Never never never go through Ur insurance company unless its your fault. you now have a claim on your coverage. Which usually only takes 3 to kick you off and then you are stuck with a bad insurance history. I did that mistake twice and i got kicked off my insurance. My gf also sells insurance so if you have any questions feel free to pm me if you need any help. Also I would have never towed my car to a yard, unless it was my own. They tend to do this alot. They tried totaling my gf's goat with out seeing it. And I fliped **** and took the phone from her and got stuff settled out with them. I also had her car towed to my house. Cuz If not they would have did the something like what happened to u
Old 03-30-2011 | 10:26 PM
Staging Lane

Damn homie.. I live like 10 minutes from UCF and I know how people drive on 434 especially on rush hour!!..

Your story **** me off.. I really hope you get over!!.. Same exact thing happen to me with my loward 90 LX Black notch with white pony rims and freash paint on 436 and I had it tow to my house and it was claim total a lifted jeep wrangler hit me **** up my whole front end.. The jeep was fine I felt like busting his jeep with my hammer!!!... Insurance company brought the car and gave me a $2800 Check plus I sold the car just how it was to a guy that drove from Alabama to pick it up for $1500......
It was unfair what happen to you! Your lawyer better put 100% attention in to this!! Cause idk but I think you have a case..
Old 03-30-2011 | 10:45 PM
Teching In

This entire situation sucks. But a forklift. I could not imagine my car being brought to me by a forklift. Sorry this happened to you but it should be a wake up call for all of us car guys that this can happen to anyone. I hope it all is resolved in the end and that everything is made right even if it takes a lawyer.
Old 03-30-2011 | 11:02 PM
Teching In

That sucks OP. I have dealt with USAA before and they are the worst although i figured it was because they were the at fault drivers insurance in my case. From i have heard they are usually good with there drivers but screw everyone else. Getting a lawyer from the beginning was the best decision. Might i recommend for the future get something like AAA roadside service and next time something happens especially an accident call them and have it towed to your house.
Old 03-31-2011 | 06:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you get in acident allways make them take the car to your residence, it's still your property and you have the right to not let them take it to a yard. You will have to pay for the tow but you have the car so this don't happen. If they try to hook it up tell them you have AAA and allready called for a tow truck, if you have AAA they will take it home for you acident or not, let them know it will need a flat hauler because it has been damaged they will haul it to you house or where you chose.

Highly recommend getting AAA if you value your car, for $250 a year it has saved me a lot of grief.

My personal experience.

Last edited by toadzq8; 03-31-2011 at 06:35 AM.
Old 03-31-2011 | 07:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yea I have AAA Gold, but I was just taking the advice of my attorney... I guess he didn't expect my insurance company to **** me so hard lol. Live and learn I guess! I'll keep you guys posted on the outcome.
Old 03-31-2011 | 07:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

thats some shady stuff right there...but how the hell does anyone finance a 14yr old car
Old 03-31-2011 | 07:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds like the ins co never was communicating with the tow yard and they took it upon them selves to send it to a salvage yard....
Old 03-31-2011 | 07:54 AM
Staging Lane

your attorney sucks. a real one will have a field day with their ***.
Old 03-31-2011 | 08:05 AM
TECH Junkie
10 Year Member

omg this is a horrible ******* story , i cant believe this . Im sorry to hear about this . Keep us updated.
Old 03-31-2011 | 08:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ISMELLRICE
thats some shady stuff right there...but how the hell does anyone finance a 14yr old car
it was an 11 year old car when I bought it. And I financed it so I could put my cash into the car and build my credit up a little more

Originally Posted by nick122590
your attorney sucks. a real one will have a field day with their ***.
this just happened late yesterday.... he's an attorney not a magician. Plus he's my attorney for personal injury, he's helping me with this as a "favor" if you will

Quick Reply: wanna see what a totaled camaro looks like??