Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Looking for a good body shop...

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 12:09 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looking for a good body shop...

Hey guys, I'm moving to Pensacola in March, and one of the first things I am going to do is get my WS6 painted. I am definitely not going to go with a stock color, probably a pearl or candy of some sort, haven't decided on the exact color. Obviously a Maco shop or some crap isn't going to cut it, I want top notch work and am willing to pay for it. I plan on doing the prep work myself, including the primer. So the sanding/primer/and wet sand of the primer will be done by me, mostly to cut down on cost. I have up to 10k to spend on this paint job.

I haven't decided if I want to color match the engine bay yet, but I'm thinking that I will. A midnite blue pearl with stock black engine bay would just look crappy.

So, to sum up I am looking for a paint shop within an 8 hour drive of Pensacola that produces show quality work. I'd be willing to drive further if the work and price were worth it.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

moving to pensacola im going to assume you just got out of boot camp and are navy? ( navy myself stationed at NAS jacksonville the past 5 years) anyway i dont know any paint shops around there been a long time since i was there but i do know from expirence and several friends that got candy and pearl paints not to do that here in flordia. the sun will fade and fry that beautiful expensive paint job and within a year it will look crappy. im dissapointed too i wanted kandy hellfire red on my ss, look it up its amazing. go with a metallic it will last longer
Old 10-14-2011, 02:48 AM
Teching In

Actually Marine and been in for a while. It has been and will be garaged except for when I'm actually driving it. I don't mind metallic's either, but it is hard to find one that isn't overdone. The advantage to the candy and pearls there just aren't a lot of them due to the expense of such a job.

Last edited by pvb32978; 10-14-2011 at 02:53 AM. Reason: more stuff to say
Old 10-14-2011, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

My boy here in JAX, the same guy doing my custom bodywork and my murdered out pain, can do ANYTHING you are wanting done! He is bad ***, but as you know, bad *** ain't cheap!

We are also in the R&D of stages of designing an Active Aero wing for the T/A and retro Style T/A tail lights as well. This guy knows his ****! He already has a working prototype Active Aero wing for the 2012 Camaro so he's not you average bullshit body shop!

I just got off the phone with his and he said that he would even pick the car up (at your expense of course) if need be.

Last edited by RONIN LSX; 10-14-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:11 PM
Teching In

That sounds awesome, does he have a website or something so I can keep track of him? I have a year I think until its ready, but it ain't easy finding a top notch body shop, so I am starting the looking early.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

the best color ive seen on a ws6 is maple red mettallic. look it up i drool over it every time. theres a few shitty pics of it but look around youll find the good ones. id paint my car but being the pollen seasons and well, it being jacksonville mostly, i keep it black.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by pvb32978
That sounds awesome, does he have a website or something so I can keep track of him? I have a year I think until its ready, but it ain't easy finding a top notch body shop, so I am starting the looking early.
No, but I'm trying to get him out of his shell, lol... he the kind of the quite, no one knows about kind of guy. You know, only advertises through friends...

I finally got him to sign up here, lol...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/member.php?u=206284

He has a few pics in his album when you go to his profile now that I've talked him into taking pics of his stuff on a regular bases, lol...

Right now he's doing a Restro on a 67 Camaro, a customs one off engine cover thing for a Hummer, some classic 60's or 70's Pontiac vert, a classic Dodge and a boat.

He is moving to a new shop so by the time you're ready, he should be ready to rock your new paint!

Here's a read for you about the Active Aero we're doing; it has a video of the Active Aero wing for the 2012 Camaro.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/florida-m...se-wing-t.html

Old 10-15-2011, 04:07 AM
Teching In

Good stuff, can't wait to see what the wing looks like. The retro tail lights are a great idea.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey PVB,

My buddy is moving into his new shop this week so when ever you're ready to get that bad bird painted, he's ready to rock!!!

Oh and I just found out that he did some dude's Rolls Royce not too long ago, so yeah... like I said, he knows his ****!

Old 12-08-2011, 01:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey Bro, you still looking for that paint job? My buddy is in his new location so if you're still looking, let me know!

Quick Reply: Looking for a good body shop...