Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Best shop in South Florida area???

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 08:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with Dan at Masport...whatever happen to that certain lsx speed shop in Hialeah?
Old 04-13-2012, 09:02 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Street Racer
I have seen and heard the car 6.0 fresh build I will not disclose type of heads and cam size but is decent size cam for a 6.0 but peeks on dyno papers @ 5600-5700 rpm and by 6000 rpm drops alot ! I think the car may have some valve float issues for it to drop the way it does ....The car should be making another 35-50 rwhp imo.... The car has a LS6 intake on it but he does have the PPI on the side ... I will not disclose 1/4 mile times for the car it is not mine but the car has a decent 60" but the MPH is pretty low and the car is light as well it should have another 4-6 mph easy !!!
Could be float or maybe the cam's not spec'd right. Im guessing the converters good since he has the pull sheet. If he's under .650" he could try a set of PSI behives. Easy and inexpensive.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:20 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Erik@Lashway
Don't worry Gary - he's just angry.

What's up Pal?

E
Hey Eric whats doin. When you guys gonna finish that shop car. We gonna line'n em up so I can woop dat ***!
Old 04-13-2012, 02:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have seen reciepts Ken has spared no money on this build at all !! so to all you haters and nut swingers out there you dont know what you are talking about !!!

He could of put headers and a pulley on it and got almost the same power results if not more !!!
Spared no expense except for the most important part of any N/A engine, the cylinder heads. Lower-than-stock compression doesn't yeild mind-blowing dyno numbers.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have seen and heard the car 6.0 fresh build I will not disclose type of heads and cam size but is decent size cam for a 6.0 but peeks on dyno papers @ 5600-5700 rpm and by 6000 rpm drops alot ! I think the car may have some valve float issues for it to drop the way it does ....The car should be making another 35-50 rwhp imo.... The car has a LS6 intake on it but he does have the PPI on the side ... I will not disclose 1/4 mile times for the car it is not mine but the car has a decent 60" but the MPH is pretty low and the car is light as well it should have another 4-6 mph easy !!!
I also would say you may have an issue with valvetrain with a drop off like that. But it all depends on the setup, cam specs and the exhaust setup. There could be some mis matched parts going on. When diagnosing something like that you have to look at everything
Old 04-13-2012, 06:03 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 3fingas
Hey Eric whats doin. When you guys gonna finish that shop car. We gonna line'n em up so I can woop dat ***!

Looking forward to seeing this
Old 04-13-2012, 06:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why don't you put a T56 in there to even up the playing field?
Old 04-13-2012, 06:15 PM
10 Second Club

Talking

slow down there big guy ,i get first dibbs on backlash.he gotta race the slow guys first .lol
Old 04-13-2012, 06:37 PM
FormerVendor

I have seen reciepts Ken has spared no money on this build at all !! so to all you haters and nut swingers out there you dont know what you are talking about !!!

He could of put headers and a pulley on it and got almost the same power results if not more !!!
I'm sorry, I didn't know you built and tuned the car...

Give me a call, I'll be happy to go over the build, the specs, the **** exhaust he ran on the car until he bought another one (that we had to retune for) and other areas that we're left to be desired. Oh and don't forget a forged 347 built by TEC. That was the bulk of the bill to be honest. Last time I checked, a forged 347 makes just as much as an OEM 346 stock for stock...so given that, his power gain is actually impressive given the fact that its through a stalled A4 on a Mustang dyno.

We put this combo together based on his needs, wants, and most importantly budget. It could have been skinned 1000 ways, but this is what we went with.

It runs strong, has a converter that is inefficient as hell, and heads that really could be swapped for something a bit better.

Racer- you are right, there is more that could be squeezed out of the combo and if that's what Ken wants, I will be happier than hell to bring him in, add some different parts, retune it and get him moving faster and faster.

BUT, until he calls me or emails me, how am I supposed to know what is going on? I am a shop owner, not a mind reader.

Back to original thread topic:

BEST SHOP IN FLORIDA

If you're looking for a SPONSOR shop that can set you up aside from us check out Dan@Masport. Josh and I spent time working for and learning from Dan. He is a true expert in the field. Worth every penny.

How's that for an endorsement?

Erik@Lashway
Old 04-13-2012, 06:42 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 67RSCamaroVette
Spared no expense except for the most important part of any N/A engine, the cylinder heads. Lower-than-stock compression doesn't yeild mind-blowing dyno numbers.
Nono, it's ok Ollie, we suck remember? It's all our fault!

Erik@Lashway
Old 04-13-2012, 06:43 PM
FormerVendor

I miss you guys man. Josh and I always talk about Dan's hole in the wall that kicked *** and got us started...

We're envious everytime we drive by PPC...what a place.

We're slowly finishing up Backlash - slowly.

It's hard to put in 12 hour days, then turn wrenches on your own car you know?

Anyway, when it's done and tuned, and I get some test and tune done, you and Frank will be the first to know!

Come by sometime.

Erik
Old 04-13-2012, 06:47 PM
FormerVendor

From what I have seen the guys @ Lashway would prob help find the issue with the car ! Ken is prob flustrated with the car which is understandable to some .....

The best shop around threads almost need to locked most of the time everybdoy does have there fav. shop and some try to get bent out of shape when someone talks about a bad experience with one or the other !!!
For what it is worth...

We are not hurt at all when someone isn't 100% happy with us. What hurts us is when we're not given the opportunity to rectify, or make it right in whatever way we can.

We value each and every customer...we really do.

If we do not meet expectations, we generally bend over backwards to make it right. Everyone here knows that - just read the reviews.

Going on a forum, expressing your frustration, and not contacting us is not only unfair, but it get's nothing accomplished.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not happy with my tires and its all your fault Erik LOL

I call dibs to who loses to backlash

Last edited by Blackbird-WS6; 04-13-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:23 PM
10 Second Club

Don't leave me out! I'm down to race everyone in the thread!

Last edited by Sofls1; 04-14-2012 at 12:15 AM.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

I only race people slower then me...

You have to work smarter, not harder LMFAO
Old 04-14-2012, 07:31 AM
FormerVendor

Man, we have a sick race setting up huh?

I sense a track rental day!
Old 04-14-2012, 10:09 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Erik@Lashway
I miss you guys man. Josh and I always talk about Dan's hole in the wall that kicked *** and got us started...

We're envious everytime we drive by PPC...what a place.

We're slowly finishing up Backlash - slowly.

It's hard to put in 12 hour days, then turn wrenches on your own car you know?

Anyway, when it's done and tuned, and I get some test and tune done, you and Frank will be the first to know!

Come by sometime.

Erik
No excuses, We have 23 projects in the shop right now and still find the time. Besides you bitches are still in ur twenties right? Should be workin 18 hour days. Get it done and on the trailer. I'll be waiting....

Glad to hear ur busy though.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:15 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 67RSCamaroVette
Why don't you put a T56 in there to even up the playing field?
Why dont they put a auto in there and go faster.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:16 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by littlefranks
slow down there big guy ,i get first dibbs on backlash.he gotta race the slow guys first .lol
Listen here LiL Man, Your gonna need another stage. LOL
Old 04-14-2012, 10:16 AM
On The Tree

This is a great thread. Whoever races, I'm down to join when I get radials.
I have had a lot of cars sent to lashway for work and all have been happy through the whole process and outcome as well as my personal g8.
So I'm +1 for lashway.

See you slow n/a cars at the track! Lol

Quick Reply: Best shop in South Florida area???