Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Lashway Motorsports location in Orlando? Perhaps...

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 09:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please please please please please should i say it again please get a shop closer to us central floridians.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:46 PM
Launching!

I'd be down. Right now I drive to Formato at Fasterproms in Tampa. I would love a local shop, as I have some pretty big plans here soon.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Just curious what ever happen to vinci hi performance, didn't he have a shop in maitland some time ago??
Old 12-18-2011, 08:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 95sscamaro
He is my brother in law and he pointed your car out a few times when you worked in Lake Mary

Maybe it was the fact that I have a LT1, you tell people that and they think you have a STD and run for the hills!
that's very possible! I was scared to work on my own LT1 when I had one haha
Old 12-18-2011, 05:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would be great to have a lashway in the orlando area the closer to 50 and bithlo the better!
Old 12-18-2011, 05:51 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Trevor.j
Finally!!! Been waiting for you guys to do this! I thought some one would move in right after mike left but it has takin quite sometime to find a shop. Ad with dealing with you guys 1st hand I cant wait to see what this offers you guys. I will deff help you guys out in any way just let me know.

-

Trevor
Thanks a lot for the compliments Trevor - of course it is something we are thinking about, but would be very cool to offer our services and expertise in other areas.

Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6
a shop in melbourne area would also be nice lol

but i dont mind driving 30-45min so it would be nice if you guys are not to far into the mess of orlando, something right off an exit would be nice
We already have your car so your screwed lol.

Originally Posted by kwiksilverz28
Orlando needs it. Daytona could not support it. This is a tough economy, so I would start small up here if you do it.

Let me know if I can help you in any way. I owe ya for the shirt and tour :-)
Thanks a lot for the offer, and no problem for the tour - wasn't much to show ya back then lol. Now it's pretty big.

Originally Posted by 95sscamaro
This would be great, I’m tired of hearing about Lamotta and his slowstangs! Lol
Not sure who Lamotta is (no disrespect to him or his work). Thanks.

Originally Posted by Street Racer
Orlando is closer prob for the Ft.Pierce North People on East Coast of Fla. could be a great thing maybe Kissimiee even or how ever the hell you spell it...
Yep, unlike South Florida which is pretty much just the east coast, Orlando is open to so much more area.

Originally Posted by 95stsrider
i think the more performance shops the better lol
Agreed.

Originally Posted by toadzq8
There seems to be a void after mike left, not sure why. There are other shops that work on LSX but the attitude just isn't right. I for one would welcome your business here in central Florida.
I've heard that. Why did Mike leave?

Originally Posted by CS2 Sasuke XD
YES!!! I am hearing great things about Lashway and Orlando lacks Muscle car shops that specialize in LSx cars/motors.
Thanks.

Originally Posted by ec_nova
Lamotta builds some NASTY cars, both Ford and GM. what did they ever do to you to deserve you talking **** about them?

Back on topic, I think it would be great to have another local shop. My advice: to survive in CFL you have to do a bunch of BS stuff like organizing meets, dyno days, bbq's, track events, etc. The shops that don't do that around here don't end up lasting for some reason.

I've heard nothing but great things about Lashaway, so I'm sure you guys would do well here!
We do that here with excellent results. We sponsor a TON of events and support multiple charities and causes for children and the less fortunate. We enjoy connecting with potential and existing customers and feel that face to face interaction is THE BEST WAY to persuade people to come to your shop.

Originally Posted by 04ctsvfl
nooo...we dont want you to leave lol
We're not leaving Pompano, just looking to open a satellite location in Orlando with a qualified staff and the same services offered to our South Florida customers.

Originally Posted by O-FiveCC
I'd be down. Right now I drive to Formato at Fasterproms in Tampa. I would love a local shop, as I have some pretty big plans here soon.
What are your plans. We're familiar with Formato- he is a well known tuner all over Florida.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:02 PM
Launching!

What are your plans. We're familiar with Formato- he is a well known tuner all over Florida.
Well, my plans need a little guidance. I'm planning a 100-150 wet shot and I'm either going with ported 243's, FAST intake, and custom cam. Or LS3 top-end with a custom speced cam. Not sure which topend is better for Nitrous. After that, probably look into a 402 or 408. If I keep progressing at work, possibly a TVS. But the top-end will be soon, and the bottom end not long after that.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've heard that. Why did Mike leave?

Wife was a engineer got a big $ job in Indy and relocated up there. Has a shop up there now and his own snow plow, He-He

Quick Reply: Lashway Motorsports location in Orlando? Perhaps...