Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

south west shops?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012 | 07:34 PM
Launching!

Default south west shops?

Think I dropped a lifter and need to get it fixed asap,anyone know any good shops in the ft Myers/Naples area?
Old 04-24-2012 | 08:18 AM
Teching In

Did you ever find a reputable LS machine shop in the Ft.Myers/Naples area?
Old 04-25-2012 | 08:55 AM
Restricted User

closest one is Lashway in Pompano. I wouldn't go anywhere else in Florida
Old 04-28-2012 | 10:30 PM
Teching In

pm me if you havent had this fixed yet i may be able to help
Old 05-03-2012 | 06:40 PM
Launching!

Well here the deal...i ended up going to a performance shop in naples,when i took a tour of his shop and talked to him he seemed reputable and knew what he was talking about.He had all the toys and assured me that he knew what he was doing.Come to find out i had broken a rocker arm (they are HS 1.7) some my nerves were put at ease.I needed to replace rocker and have a valve adjusted plus misc like valve cover gaskets, tune up oil and fuel.8 1/2 weeks later and no progress done on the car i finally told him the car is done by Friday (tomorrow) or i send a tow truck and get my money back from the bank...I pick it up tomorrow as all work is finished.This has to have been the WORST experience i have ever had dealing with a so called business.

I really wish there were more LS shops in the area,i was going to take it to the shop that built my motor but he had never got back with me for some reason...Hes the only one i really trust working on my car and i see why now.
Old 05-03-2012 | 09:08 PM
FormerVendor

Ouch!

Make the trip down to see us. We're expanding to accommodate our growing list of projects.

Best of lucj!
Old 05-04-2012 | 06:49 PM
Launching!

My wife picked up my car while i was at work today and she barely made it home,the car was dying at idle and the guy said it was missing a cylinder due to the tune that was on it previously or the spark plugs and wires which he never got to and that were provided with the car 8 1/2 weeks ago!!

The only thing that was done to the car was the broken rocker arm that was replaced, i have the old one and there is a big chunk missing thats probably in my oil pan...GREAT!!.I have a bill stating that he replaced both valve cover gaskets even though they were untouched,a tune up which was never done,a valve adjustment that im sure wasn't done but not sure how to check that,and a lifter repair which i also know wasn't done.another great thing is that when my car was dropped of it had less than an eighth of a tank of gas that had to be bad after sitting for that long and it was never filled up or changed...wow

Ill be getting back like 2300 bucks from this asshol& and hopefully i can get it fixed somewhere ....Words can not describe how pissed off i am at the moment
Old 05-04-2012 | 08:07 PM
Teching In

I was just thinking unless you have the hs adjustable rockers he can't perform a valve adjustment and you have to remove the heads for lifters if he doesent have time for plugs I don't see time for engine disassembly.
Old 05-04-2012 | 09:11 PM
Launching!

When my wife asked him about the spark plugs and wires he said he would need a couple of days to get them on...HUH,a couple days for plugs and wires???

He also was going to charge me 1300 for a dyno tune...lol
Old 05-05-2012 | 06:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

We're do all the older guys with Vettes take their cars to get work done?
I go to Ft Myers / Naples every other week and seems to be a plethora of late model muscle over there.
Old 05-06-2012 | 12:17 PM
Launching!

Here are some pics or the rocker that broke,i have no idea why this would happen??

Old 05-06-2012 | 07:50 PM
FormerVendor

HS builds quality parts, but even quality items sometimes fail. You want to look at how the valvetrain is set as well.

I highly recommend Scorpion 1.7 roller rockers- we sell a buttload of them. They are not cast like some others. They are CNC machined from of a solid piece of bar stock- I have personally stood in their facility while they cut a set- it was cool.

Pm coming
Old 05-07-2012 | 07:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Erik@Lashway
HS builds quality parts, but even quality items sometimes fail. You want to look at how the valvetrain is set as well.

I highly recommend Scorpion 1.7 roller rockers- we sell a buttload of them. They are not cast like some others. They are CNC machined from of a solid piece of bar stock- I have personally stood in their facility while they cut a set- it was cool.

Pm coming
I saw those,they are nice.My HS rocker have been on for 4 years and if one broke then i am not sure if i trust the rest of them.I might go ahead an pick up a set of the scorpions to be on the safe side.
Old 05-07-2012 | 08:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thumbs up

Im running the Scorpion 1.7 roller rockers from Lashway, they are nice