Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Need help/advice in buying old car back..

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 12:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need help/advice in buying old car back..

OK, my old 02 TA popped up on here for sale i sold in 09. Ive missed it everyday since. I have an 08 Impala 2LT fully loaded, but has 95k on it and i owe about 9.8k on it. I havent been able to sell it privately or by dealer for payoff. I definitely cant add another loan on our plate at home and i feel as i really need to get this car back. Any one have any ideas or past histories with similar situations that might help would be appreciated. I was thinking about this car a couple weeks ago and now she pops up for sale and it feels like fate! i miss my fbody!

I thought maybe of getting a local dealer to buy it and i buy thru them so i can trade my car in and get this financed. Also to try and find family to help sign/front money so i can buy it and either sell my car to a dealer, even if i have to add money on top, or put it on consignment.

I could use advice or hook up with someone with financial or car professional who can help. I know the responsible thing is to let it go, but my wife and i had fun, it still can be my DD, and we go to shows with my son and have fun, and this is just one of those cars like you feel you never should have parted with in the first place.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:12 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No cash to put down on it? what will Carmax put in your car? Know anyone with a manheim accout/access? see what the auction is bringing for the impala to get a good idea if you are upside down.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:26 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From my experience. I don't buy new cars or cars I have to make payments for a long time. Life is better that way. But, we have bought a newer car and owe on it, the Impala, not your usual in demand car. Try selling the impala For a reasonable price, or trading it for the TA. Seems he wants a Jeep for the TA though. Meet a compromise so how for it. other then that, it's gonna be someone else's baby before you know it
Old 05-19-2012, 12:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive been offered as high as 8k for it. thats all.
The guy said he would work with me but since im paying for my car still its hard to get something from a private seller. When i hit the 100k mark, the value will fall even more. If my impala was an SS this would be easier. its next to impossible, but im looking for ideas, anything at this point.

Quick Reply: Need help/advice in buying old car back..