Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

RANT!! Happy Trails 4X4 JAX, FL Beware of!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 11:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default RANT!! Happy Trails 4X4 JAX, FL Beware of!!

I know this is not camaro related, but I wanted to share my story incase some of you have jeeps.

Well I thought I had found a local Jeep shop I could trust to do the right thing, but boy was I wrong.

Back in January I took my Jeep up there to have some things done. i.e. tune the carb (weber), replace the brake booster, fix the exhaust manifold gasket, remove all unnecessary vacuum hoses, and a few other little things. Spent a little over $1000 to have this all done. After getting it back I noticed it was much more difficult to start. They told me when I got the exhaust pipe replaced (was rusted through) to come back and they would retune the carb and that should help with the problems.

Well I finally got the exhaust replaced about a month later, but never really had time to get to them (they are about 45 mins away). Well I finally was able to take it to them yesterday to fix the starting issue (carb tune). They call me today and tell me it was ready and that it is going to be $90 for an hour labor to retune my carb. I said what?! I said that you told me to bring it back after I got the exhaust redone and you would retune the carb. They said well, the carb was not set "where I would set them and that it must have been messed with, and it has been since January, plus with the weather CARBS SHOULD BE TUNED FOUR TIMES A YEAR" My dad was standing there (because I have no knowledge of carbs) and said, I have driven for 40 years and never once have I had to tune a carb FOUR times per year!! "Well that's the way it goes" they said. Again they said, "well it was set (whatever that means) somewhere I wouldn't set it." I said, I spent $1000 here and you think that I am going to go have it messed with?! "Well all we're saying is that we wouldn't set it there." I said, so you mean to tell me that you could not have made a mistake!? Well to no avail, I paid them their $90 just to get out of there.

I told them that I was very disappointed and that I would no longer be doing business with them and I would also not be recommending them (which I used to do every chance I got, I have even recommended them on here!). Their reply was "Ok." Unbelievable!!! I work in the customer service industry and NEVER in my life would I treat a customer like that, not only does my company not tolerate it, I strive to accommodate my customers to my maximum ability.

All is said and done, and I can say that I will NEVER recommend HAPPY TRAILS 4X4 of Jacksonville, FL again!!!
Old 05-26-2012, 11:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow that sounds like a great shop -___-
Old 05-26-2012, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

******* scumbags! Regardless of it being a Jeep or Fbody, sorry to hear about this Bro!. I'm going to call a let then know that I found your complaint online and that I was needing work on my GMC, and now they are no longer an option; this way they know that the word about their crappy service is actually getting out there!
Old 05-27-2012, 08:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trevor, you guessed it! Ha!

Ronin, that's hilarious! You're right though bro, it should not happen no matter what kind of car. Unless it's some import/civic decked out in autozone stick-ons! haha

Quick Reply: RANT!! Happy Trails 4X4 JAX, FL Beware of!!