Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Spotted a ZL1 today...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 05:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Spotted a ZL1 today...

In the Publix parking lot- Delibrately parked far away, in BFE- Just as I always do. Out of respect for his choice, I parked about 4 spaces away, yet still a hefty walk back to the store- No big deal. Upon returning, I noticed an older fellow dressed in everything you can buy from the Chevy Apparel Store, heading towards the Camaro- I'm talking ZL1 hat, T shirt, even Bowtie tennis shoes. The gentlemen was pushing his shopping cart with 3 small bags in it, which he pushed right up to within a few feet of the camaro, and proceeded to load his purchases in the trunk. Let me be clear, he had very few items- had it been me, I'd have ditched the cart inside the store and carried them, but to each their own. Regardless, I was already in the GP and waiting for the wife to come out, so I watched, with intention of giving at the least a thumbs up for his dedication. Not that I was suprised, but this fuccah proceeds to leave his shopping cart right behind the car, and get into the driver's seat- I took 3 seconds to try to reason with myself, and failed;

Me: "Kinda' defeats the purpose, doesn't it?"

Him: "Beg your pardon?"

Me: Parking a 60K camaro in the Australian Outback to avoid inconsiderate A$$holes like yourself."

He looked like he'd seen a ghost. God, I hate people.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rofl, good read. Agree 100%.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome. I loathe lazy people who refuse to put carts into a cart return. I've even seen people do this when the cart return is less than 10 feet away. I really don't understand how people can be that careless.

While not a left behind cart story it is along the same lines. My Dad bought a 2012 Forester this summer. He goes to Walmart a few weeks ago, parks far enough away that no one in their right mind would park next to him, even picks up a few carts in the vicinity that pose a threat to his new automobile on the way to the store. Comes out a bit later, door ding in his Forester. Where is the respect these days?

Another side note, while my car needs a complete repaint I don't appreciate that someone at my campus felt that they could scrape the driver side rear bumper and just go about their day. Thankfully there is no damage to the quarter panel. We have a new parking garage on campus and some of these young kids haul *** in the thing. Where is the logical thought process? Makes me kinda mad.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by camar0corey
Awesome. I loathe lazy people who refuse to put carts into a cart return. I've even seen people do this when the cart return is less than 10 feet away. I really don't understand how people can be that careless.

While not a left behind cart story it is along the same lines. My Dad bought a 2012 Forester this summer. He goes to Walmart a few weeks ago, parks far enough away that no one in their right mind would park next to him, even picks up a few carts in the vicinity that pose a threat to his new automobile on the way to the store. Comes out a bit later, door ding in his Forester. Where is the respect these days?

Another side note, while my car needs a complete repaint I don't appreciate that someone at my campus felt that they could scrape the driver side rear bumper and just go about their day. Thankfully there is no damage to the quarter panel. We have a new parking garage on campus and some of these young kids haul *** in the thing. Where is the logical thought process? Makes me kinda mad.
I can relate to this having just started college and living on campus. Haven't come out to any scratches, dings, or dents thankfully.

Last edited by badformulaLS1; 09-17-2012 at 12:02 AM.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Never, ever park in BFE; that just screams, "**** with my car!" A good median between BFE and where everyone else parks is the best. That way the car blends more into the background. Plus, parking by curbs also offer better protection.

Originally Posted by 02 WS6 TA

Me: "Kinda' defeats the purpose, doesn't it?"

Him: "Beg your pardon?"

Me: Parking a 60K camaro in the Australian Outback to avoid inconsiderate A$$holes like yourself."

He looked like he'd seen a ghost. God, I hate people.
I'm sure he doesn't care regardless. His car is fine, so why would be care about anyone else?
Old 09-17-2012, 01:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 02 WS6 TA
II noticed an older fellow dressed in everything you can buy from the Chevy Apparel Store
Sounds like a former Vette Pilot to me.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:58 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Pusha_J
Sounds like a former Vette Pilot to me.

My thoughts exactly.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by _JB_
I'm sure he doesn't care regardless. His car is fine, so why would be care about anyone else?
What comes around, goes around. I can't right the world, but I can damn sure tell them they're a douchebag.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:51 PM
7 Second Club

You couldn't resist, could you?
Old 09-17-2012, 07:26 PM
TECH Addict

Nope. LOL- I'm still a bit pissed about it.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats why I always try to park next to the nicest cars I can find hoping the they respect there car enough not to hit mine.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:26 PM
12 Second Club

LOL, there is a guy down the street from me that leaves the ZL1 in his drive way and he has 3 garages in front of him. Kills me to see it! In one bay he does have a sweet Viper GTS, the rest have junk. When he drives by my house the guy never looks over. Another guy on my block has a cherry 62 vette vert another stuck up *****. No to me it's in the blood

Heck I get the HS kid a couple houses down in a 01-04 Ford Stang vert says hi all the time and he's a Ford guy.

The more you see these guys the more you wish
Old 09-21-2012, 08:33 PM
Teching In

I bought a little $600 beater just because I knew things like this would happen at school or store parking lots. If only I had pictures of before and after of the car...glad it wasn't my Bird.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:29 PM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There was two of them sitting on the lot at Carl Blacks on 50 this afternoon. Too bad they're both automatics with sunroofs. Don't want!

Old 09-21-2012, 11:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CharcoalBird
I bought a little $600 beater just because I knew things like this would happen at school or store parking lots. If only I had pictures of before and after of the car...glad it wasn't my Bird.
Oh I understand, I've been putting off painting the car knowing that I still had another semester to go. Seems like new little dings and scratches are constantly showing up on the poor car. Clear coat started going six years ago, so at the rate its going I won't have much sanding to do to get the clear sanded down.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just shows you, the car dont make the man. Love that you called the guy out. hahaa...

I had an 89 Ranger for a beater for a while and loved using it to "stick-it" to inconsiderate types - like if they park on the white line, I would park my passenger side up against them like inches from their driver side (still within my parking spot though).. haha.. always made me chuckle to imagine them crawling through their passenger side to get in! I would think, "go ahead and key my beater, it'll only improve its looks!".. haha..
Old 09-24-2012, 09:26 PM
7 Second Club

Saving money on the daily to apply to the weekend toy!

Quick Reply: Spotted a ZL1 today...