Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Gulf Coast Motorworks- Bonita Springs

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 09:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good reading tony.. but mine doesn't have that...
Old 10-22-2012, 09:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by indirocz28
Attached here is my HPT tune that GCMW's tuner did.

My mods are above, and you can open my tune and see EVERYTHING is out of whack.

FYI: I have my OWN HP Tuners box, and 8GM credits, and it was already registered to the VIN of my car before (SOMEONE) killed my stock ECU.

But I haven't even touched their tune. Sad to say I will have to actually pay someone else to fix the tune now because it is FUBAR way above my level of street tuning.

Yea when i got my initial "start up tune" it was horrible, ran fat as hell (like 10.5 afr at idle) and would stumble,pop,bang, and the car was useless to even try to drive onto a car trailer.Then the "dyno" tune (or lack thereof)he did was worse.Which just totally bothers me since i have a VERY simple setup..Stock bottom end 5.3 with ls6 cam,minor head work,60lb injectors and boosted on speed density.which on here seems to be pretty normal budget build.

I'm starting to wonder who really gave this guy his tuning certs...
Old 10-22-2012, 09:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

He must have watched the Greg Banish DVD's a few times and called it good..

Hell I even have those but I don't call myself professional. However, I am not as pissed at the lack of tuning as I am as my cracked oil pan and still leaking slave cylinder that they replaced...
Old 10-22-2012, 09:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

from N2S:

JTUNED:
Originally Posted by JTUNED
hanks for the warm welcome! I cant explain how excited I am to be a part of the N2S forum!

The main reason we have become a vendor on this site is to promote our speed shop related services, and as the tuner here at GCMW I would like to introduce myself and lay out some of what we can do for you.

Some of you on here know me and some of you will be meeting me soon. I have been an active member of the automotive performance community since I was just able to drive, and have strived to make working with 'car guys' a career ever since. I got my start in the EFI tuning world as a hired tuner about 10 years ago tuning Stock Suspension Drag Radial and Outlaw 10.5 cars. Around 5-6 years ago, I got an offer to work with shop local to where I lived with my family. While there, I obtained several certifications through EFI University and Calibrated Success, then I really began to fine tune my skills and began the never ending learning process required to be an EFI Calibrator that tunes all makes and models and everything from full blown race cars to street cars and road course racers.

I am certified through EFI University as a High Performance EFI Tuner, which means I have been trained in the basics required to tune any engine combination. I also obtained certifications for tuning FAST, AEM, and Motec systems through this school. With Calibrated Success, I have completed the Advanced GM EFI training course and plan to attend the Ford Advanced course very soon as part of plans to become an accredited SCT Pro Tuner. I do not specialize in one niche of vehicles like most tuners out there. This has put me in the unique position to have my hands on all types of cars, and prevents me from having the luxury of falling into the rut of taking short cuts with my tunes. I treat every tune the same and usually spend more time on a tune that other tuners would, but I always strive for perfection with every tune I do.

As for our shop and our services..
Our shop is fully equipped to handle just about anything you may need done to your car. From basic service to full on vehicle builds, we have the equipment and industry partners to provide any service in a timely, courteous, and professional manner where your successful project and your budget are our highest concern. We have full time ASE certified technicians that are here to provide professional service that you can count on. Our shop is equipped with 6 lifts which include a ground level drive on alignment rack that can accomodate the lowest of cars, Hunter tire mounting and Road Force balancing machines, and of course, our Dynojet 424xlc2 AWD dyno complete with Load Control and the Linx System.

We always try to keep our shop and our customers cars clean. Our shop has white tile floors and A/C, which lends not only to our appearance, but our employees work ethics. Every car is treated as if its the owners most valuable possession, and there are never any short cuts taken. Your vehicle will not leave our facility until you and our technicians are completely satisfied with the end results. We have some great sources for parts, and we are working on getting set up with Nitrous refill capabilities and VP race fuels as a stocking distributor.

I would like to again thank this community for welcoming us and invite everyone to stop on by at any time to tour our facility. We have alot of unique cars here and a bunch of knowledgible car guys to chat with. I will be planning a Dyno Day in the very near future to entice you all to stop on by. Our events always involve not only the Dyno pulls, but also a car show, raffles/giveaways, refreshments, and of course free lunch. So watch for info pertaining to our next event, if you choose to attend, you will be glad you did.

Lastly, stay tuned as I will start filling up this section of the forum with Pictures, videos, and anything else that I think might be interested
Old 10-23-2012, 11:13 AM
Teching In

sad to hear this happen. This has been happening recently to many local guys in our area. I hope the shop gets whats coming to them.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I wish i knew what that was. Im not even asking them to pay $ back for a re tune, just parts and labor for my oil pan, another new gasket set, and my slave cylinder.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:52 AM
Teching In

I wish i knew what that was. Im not even asking them to pay $ back for a re tune, just parts and labor for my oil pan, another new gasket set, and my slave cylinder.
better man than i am.. id be going after them alot harder
Old 10-23-2012, 12:12 PM
Teching In

http://swflracing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29659
Old 10-23-2012, 12:16 PM
Teching In

Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2012 8:30 AM
Subject: RE: Jeff Trowbridge 2004 Corvette

Jeff,

I think you are heading down a road you do not necessarily want to travel.
I would've stopped reading right there. I would've gotten Progressive on the phone, sent them this email, and let them know that he was threatening you. If they didn't want to do anything, I would've lawyer'd up. However it sounds like Progressive is actually interested in finding out what they paid for.

I hope this all gets sorted out for you. This is now the third thing from GCMW that I've seen posted regarding **** poor service, and overall just a crappy experience.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for your support everyone! Wow, thank you..
Old 10-23-2012, 05:41 PM
9 Second Club

Received 238 Likes on 177 Posts

Like I said on the other forum I think you were doomed after your email telling them how much they were going to charge you for parts. I have never heard of a customer telling a shop where they were going to buy parts from and how much they were going to sell them for. They should have stopped on the car then and had you pick it up. Being a pain in the *** customer didn't help your cause any either.
Now all that still doesn't make all the shitty work they did right in anyway.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow, thats crazy. Sounds like you may have been better off dealing with the body shop
Old 10-23-2012, 06:24 PM
Teching In

Thanks for your support everyone! Wow, thank you..
I'm the guy from Naples that talked to you about buying your supercharger kit, we talked about sending it to your parents house - just a reminder.

sorry to hear it, but they're getting what they have coming. I posted this thread on SWFLracing.com so they'll get plenty of bad publicity.

To be fair, they do seem to have at least some points about the billing, but overall they just have no defense.

They seem to be charging you sales tax on money you already spent??
Old 10-23-2012, 07:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Coach62
I'm the guy from Naples that talked to you about buying your supercharger kit, we talked about sending it to your parents house - just a reminder.

sorry to hear it, but they're getting what they have coming. I posted this thread on SWFLracing.com so they'll get plenty of bad publicity.

To be fair, they do seem to have at least some points about the billing, but overall they just have no defense.

They seem to be charging you sales tax on money you already spent??

Well the deal was I was finding the parts for them to put on my car so we could stay in budget- which they were fine with when I was there in person. But when I got back to TX and they knew I couldn't deal with it person to person, thats when things changed. Kevin even said on the phone to me " Yeah, this is going really smooth, you're list of parts for us and prices and where to get them is making it really easy for us" - Then he sent me the bill and I noticed all the mark up costs. Which drove the repairs over budget of the insurance check and what they supplemented.

Keep in mind, I would have been fine with paying a few hundred over, but $2360 is a bit much. I also have never had to pay a deducible to any place during repairs. We have ALWAYS worked around it. However, its not even about the $ anymore, its about me giving them what I asked for, them having more than ample time to complete the car. They were the ones who said it was done and ready to be sent back. And then I get it back in **** condition.

I really expected my car and repairs to be well taken care of by a place like that who deals with "super cars" and rich people all the time...

Last edited by indirocz28; 10-23-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Just got the repair estimate back from the new shop here in Texas. After parts and labor, and new tuning fee the estimate is at $4000 & change...
Old 10-27-2012, 04:21 PM
Teching In

Ouch. That sucks.

BTW, I'm currently dealing with Justin at J&J in Cape Coral and he has no problem with me providing most of the parts. Not sure where the other guy is coming from.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:19 PM
Staging Lane

So are you gonna try to get the insurance to pay for the extra $4000 because if so they may total your car out just because of how much money they have tied up in it.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Day 1 @ new shop. First thing noticed is that GCMW didnt line up the balance marks ( red lines very visible) for my flywheel and pressure plate. This is causing some of the drive line vibration.

Flywheel & Pressure Plate balance marks not lined up

Slave cylinder was broken
Old 10-30-2012, 07:14 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow...just.. wow
Old 10-30-2012, 08:38 AM
Staging Lane

Wow thats not hard or anything to line the marks up! Someone must have failed kindergarten....

Quick Reply: Gulf Coast Motorworks- Bonita Springs