Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Follow along as Lashway Motorsports adds a bunch of goodies to their Matte Blue Z06!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 07:37 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Ls2SilverBullet
Nice work dude, couldnt have a better/cleaner build to show what y'all can do. keep it up! cant wait for some vids!
Originally Posted by Thebeast916
There's not much they can't do. Fabrication, tuning, engines, rears, suspension, nitrous, wraps, I could go on and on
Originally Posted by backtols1
That things is sick in person! I was just there. They tuned my SS. I have been to them before and will return. It's great to see young hard working honest guys, moving up in the world! Class acts!
Thanks guys. We partnered up with an elite custom auto shop---->

Superior Auto Design

Between the two of us, there isn't a thing we cannot do. We're both in the same place!

Erik@Lashway
Old 11-03-2012, 04:01 PM
TECH Resident

Whats the ballpark on a wrap like that? I love that color and I think my V would look good in that shade. Being able to just have one section redone if it gets scratched is also a big plus.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:34 AM
FormerVendor

This wrap would run about $3000 on most coupes/sedans. The color is VERY new...my ride was one of the first to receive this treatment. It's really a stunning color in any light - even in the shade haha.

The best part like you said is the ability to fix a scratch or blemish caused by the treacheries of daily life. A paint job of this quality and consistency would be twice as much and be a pain to fix!

If you'd like to talk, give me a call and I will set it up.

Erik@Lashway
Old 11-04-2012, 11:56 AM
TECH Resident

Very tempting, If only you folks where closer to Orlando. V needs a tune bad.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:46 PM
On The Tree

It's only a 3 hr drive. Well worth it if you ask me. And the drive back and what you will enjoy the most.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:50 PM
FormerVendor

We'll be there at the end of the month..

Do you want to set something up?

Erik@Lashway
Old 11-08-2012, 07:36 AM
FormerVendor

Hey everyone...here are the latest updates from this build. Thanks for following along.

While we replace the clutch with a stronger Monster Level 3 Ceramic unit, we decided that we would also have the trans and the differential upgraded as well.

Let's start with the transmission. We use ProMotion Performance in Oakland Park for ALL of our manual transmission rebuilds. They took the unit apart, and gave a thumbs up on all of the vital parts. The next step is to beef up the syncros, sliders, and forks. All of those items will be replaced with stronger materials (Carbon Fiber, Steel, and Delrin).

We will also be cryo treating a few of the gear components for that added reliability and strength. For the money spent, it is well worth it! Everything we can do to strengthen the drivetrain, we do.

The differential will remain stock with the exception of the mainshafts inside of the unit which are being replaced with LPE hardened shafts (left and right) as well as a gear for the shorter of the two shafts. It all comes in a kit which is very affordable from LPE.

These shafts are a weak point in the rear diff. The longer of the two tends to snap under hard launches. It is a good idea for anyone looking to cut some serious '60 times to upgrade these shafts if you have the opportunity!

Here are some pics of those items:

The next update we have is on the nitrous system, and additional components.
We've finished up mounting the bottle with our custom brackets and mounting hardware.

Everything is hidden under the rear carpeting and looks CLEAN. We also received the dedicated fuel system, for the nitrous system. We are utilizing this system from Nitrous Outlet for a few reasons. First is RELIABILITY. Nitrous can be extremely effective when added correctly and safely. The addition of racegas into the mixture helps to stabilize the burn inside the cylinder. It reduces the chance of detonation, and allows the tuner to run more timing -even while spraying. The hit is much more consistent, and more powerful!

This particular cell holds 1 gallon of the fuel of your choice. We will run 116 in this vehicle for the time being. 116 and 93 will net a very stable octane rating!

It fits right in with some moving of hoses and such. Overall, very happy with the fit, and finish. Next up is plumbing and wiring!

For more info, call PM or email!

Quick Reply: Follow along as Lashway Motorsports adds a bunch of goodies to their Matte Blue Z06!