Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Tuning an 05 Trailblazer with a 5.3??

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 02:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning an 05 Trailblazer with a 5.3??

OK. Its been a while since I have been on here. Sold the Camaro a few years ago and have been boating and 4 wheeling to pass the time. Well the time has come that the wife is no longer driving the Trailblazer and I want to do some tuning. Not a lot of stuff, just some basics to make it tow better. I would also like to be able to go back and forth between a more performance oriented tune and a tow tune.

I know I can get it tuned, and leave it alone, but does anyone know if I can get a power programmer type thing with custom tunes that I can load when I plan to tow?

Just to satisfy the mod Gods, I am planning some heads, cam, exhaust, etc, just not for a while.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Justin does programmers with 3 tunes for $400. Roger has his tuners for like $460. HpTuners is $500. Also, look at Superchips Cortex. That may be your best option...until you do the mods and then need a tune...

Or we can just load a tune with my hp. We can scan mine and find out the difference between tow mode and non.... $100 for the credits.... I just worry about tranny longevity...

Quick Reply: Tuning an 05 Trailblazer with a 5.3??