Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Need a "kick ass" tuner guy & dyno

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 11:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Need a "kick ***" tuner guy & dyno

Hello, Scouting for a competent Tuner for my LS3 418 CI motor and need a transmission sync with engine (4L60E). I live in Port St. Lucie. Stuart, Ft. Pierce area would be preferable I'll travel as far as West Palm beach.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:01 PM
FormerVendor

Been tuning LSx vehicles for 10+ years now, thousands tuned. I'd have no problem taking care of that beast for you.. However, we are on the other coast. if you want to make a trip out of it we can get you hooked up with a free loaner car to check out the Gulf beaches and have it all done in a day
Old 02-24-2013, 01:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Double J
Hello, Scouting for a competent Tuner for my LS3 418 CI motor and need a transmission sync with engine (4L60E). I live in Port St. Lucie. Stuart, Ft. Pierce area would be preferable I'll travel as far as West Palm beach.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.
Do you drive over by Gatlin Blvd? Think I have seen you before. Do you have black wheels?

I have a black ss with.blue flames and slicks/skinnies. Don't think your going to find any buddy around here. There are a few down south. I live off of Rosser
Old 02-24-2013, 07:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

HorsePowerSales down in Pompano would be z great choice
Old 02-25-2013, 05:49 AM
11 Second Club

Yup I second that. I just picked up my motor this weekend from thrm
Old 02-25-2013, 05:49 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Justins00ss
Do you drive over by Gatlin Blvd?
When I used to live in Ft. Pierce and Stuart from 1983-1995, Gatlin blvd wasnt even paved lol, I-95 was closed from PSL to west palm beach, and there was no street signed is western PSL. The street names were painted on the curb.

Go a little further south to Redline Motorsports, or Extreme motorsport is right there in Palm City.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by FSPMatt
Been tuning LSx vehicles for 10+ years now, thousands tuned. I'd have no problem taking care of that beast for you.. However, we are on the other coast. if you want to make a trip out of it we can get you hooked up with a free loaner car to check out the Gulf beaches and have it all done in a day
Yeah that's kind of a drive for me, cost of tuning, than gas for travel $$ . I Dunno but I will call you to discuss if the price of tune is worth the trip if it can be done in a day, thank you

P.S. IF the loaner is a ZR1 Corvette or Viper, I'm THERE! LOL
Old 02-25-2013, 02:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Do you drive over by Gatlin Blvd? Think I have seen you before. Do you have black wheels?

I have a black ss with.blue flames and slicks/skinnies. Don't think your going to find any buddy around here. There are a few down south. I live off of Rosser

Hello, If it's white with Cowl induction hood and ZO6 C5 Gray wheels-yes. I had the car built- engine,chassis, suspension,Tranny & rear end by Extreme Horsepower solutions in Texas (No longer in business). Great engine builder- he raced what he built, but tune not so great. But in their defense my car wasn't completely together and not registered when I sent him the car. There's alot more HP/TRQ on tap that needs to be extracted

I don't recall seeing your ride around town, I would have noticed if I did
Attached Thumbnails Need a "kick ass" tuner guy & dyno-img599-1.jpg  
Old 02-25-2013, 05:19 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Tampa Tuning
When I used to live in Ft. Pierce and Stuart from 1983-1995, Gatlin blvd wasnt even paved lol, I-95 was closed from PSL to west palm beach, and there was no street signed is western PSL. The street names were painted on the curb.

Go a little further south to Redline Motorsports, or Extreme motorsport is right there in Palm City.
Man Phil you just leave yourself open for the "when you were a kid you walked 10 miles to school oh and occasionally rode in the horse and buggy".. Oh wait I won't go there

Horsepower Sales or Redline will also get you squared away OP
Old 02-26-2013, 06:43 AM
11 Second Club

Hello, If it's white with Cowl induction hood and ZO6 C5 Gray wheels-yes. I had the car built- engine,chassis, suspension,Tranny & rear end by Extreme Horsepower solutions in Texas (No longer in business). Great engine builder- he raced what he built, but tune not so great. But in their defense my car wasn't completely together and not registered when I sent him the car. There's alot more HP/TRQ on tap that needs to be extracted

I don't recall seeing your ride around town, I would have noticed if I did

Yeah pretty sure Ive seen it. You probably havent seen me around lately due to the motor being out of my SS for the past several months. It should be running this week some time. Ive been driving my wifes 99Z28 with the factory RS body kit. Its black and has chrome C5 wheels and the corsa quad tip exhaust.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:45 AM
11 Second Club

Hey Matt from FSP. You just had a dyno day and Don Kinder (slowhawk) was there right? He is a good man to know. I lived right down the street from him before I moved down here. Don def knows his ****
Old 02-26-2013, 08:20 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Slowhawk (Don) and Matt have been communicating ohhhh since long before I can remember.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:24 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Roarin_8
Slowhawk (Don) and Matt have been communicating ohhhh since long before I can remember.
I asked that you keep that off the public forum

Actually, Don and I have been friends for probably 10 years or so now. If we run into issues or what-not, it's great to have an ally like Don on the other side of the phone.

Justin: Yes Don was just down here, now he is enjoying his snowy weather again!
Old 02-26-2013, 08:27 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Matt, your secret is out.....
Old 02-26-2013, 10:22 AM
11 Second Club

Haha. Yeah Don is def one of the good guys. Even though I am down here I call him once in awhile if I have a issue. Good luck with the new shop. I wish you werent on the west coast or I would come by and check it out.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:08 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will be in the Stuart/Palm City area doing some calibration work for a couple clients as well as Extreme Performance and Miranda Built. I have a pretty full schedule but if you want to get in I will see what I can do. I will be there next Tuesday and Weds, March 5th and 6th and possibly that Thursday.

I would not call myself "kick ***" as I try to stay humble, but I seem to do pretty well.

Matt & Phil are also good choices and I would keep away from Horsepower Sales. I will not go into details here but can put you in touch with a few folks regarding that.

Let me know.

Mike Norris
Old 02-27-2013, 01:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think I've seen the Black SS driven by a woman. When you get your ride together bring it round. Would like to check it out. Take Care *just shoot me a pm.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mike norris
i will be in the stuart/palm city area doing some calibration work for a couple clients as well as extreme performance and miranda built. I have a pretty full schedule but if you want to get in i will see what i can do. I will be there next tuesday and weds, march 5th and 6th and possibly that thursday.

I would not call myself "kick ***" as i try to stay humble, but i seem to do pretty well.

Matt & phil are also good choices and i would keep away from horsepower sales. I will not go into details here but can put you in touch with a few folks regarding that.

Let me know.

Mike norris
sent pm
Old 02-27-2013, 02:03 PM
11 Second Club

I think I've seen the Black SS driven by a woman. When you get your ride together bring it round. Would like to check it out. Take Care *just shoot me a pm.
Will do bud. I usually go up to the Taco Bell on US1 near burger king on Friday and Saturday nights. There are a decent amount of ricers but there is a good amount of chevy/ford muscle too
Old 03-01-2013, 08:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Will do bud. I usually go up to the Taco Bell on US1 near burger king on Friday and Saturday nights. There are a decent amount of ricers but there is a good amount of chevy/ford muscle too
I go out on those empty roads out in tradition south of Gatlin blvd , blowing off the rears & doing donuts

Quick Reply: Need a "kick ass" tuner guy & dyno