Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Orlando People...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 01:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Orlando People...

Hey everyone...I am in need of some help and thought I would reach out to you FL people. Central FL (Orlando) to be exact.

My wife and I are relocating to FL when our house sells out here in AZ. We have an 11 month old and although we will be buying a house in the future, we are going to rent for now. The question I have is what areas are the best? I am told that Waterford Lakes, Altamonte Springs, Winter park are all nice family areas. Any other areas that I should know about?

What areas should we avoid? That is probably the most important question. I appreciate all the help you can give.

When we moved out to AZ from Pittsburgh 3 years ago, I hooked up with the GTO club out here prior so that I could get an idea of where to live, but I cant seem to find an all GTO club near Orlando for me to hook up with. Or even a club period to hook up with.

Thanks for any help you can give!
Old 06-07-2013, 07:39 AM
11 Second Club

i personally like winter springs, oviedo, winter park myself.

where would you be working?
Old 06-07-2013, 10:24 AM
On The Tree

Oviedo, lake Nona, winter park. Avoid areas by orange blossom trail, certain areas in kissimmee.

On narcoossee road in lake Nona off the Beachline expressway(528) are beautiful houses and townhouses for rent. All brand new.

This is where I stay. Very nice and wealthy area
Old 06-07-2013, 10:30 AM
11 Second Club

Also winter park is mostly nice but there is some junk areas that are still "winter park" haha
Old 06-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dkbmxer002
i personally like winter springs, oviedo, winter park myself.

where would you be working?
Originally Posted by Thebeast916
Oviedo, lake Nona, winter park. Avoid areas by orange blossom trail, certain areas in kissimmee.

On narcoossee road in lake Nona off the Beachline expressway(528) are beautiful houses and townhouses for rent. All brand new.

This is where I stay. Very nice and wealthy area
Originally Posted by dkbmxer002
Also winter park is mostly nice but there is some junk areas that are still "winter park" haha

heres where I would be working....

I don't mind being 20 miles away though. I know to avoid I4 so west is out. It would have to be north or east.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:30 PM
Teching In

along with what thebeast916 said the obvious ones to stay away from are pinehills and paramore. i live in the waterford lakes area near the waterford lakes town center its a pretty nice area tons of nice apartments and house are being built if you decide later on to get one. the only thing i say thats fairly nice that i know of near your job is hunters creek its part of kissimee but not bad and alot closer.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oviedo, Hands down is great for raising a young one. Access to basically anywhere in central florida within 20 to 40 minutes including beaches!
Old 06-08-2013, 02:28 PM
Teching In

Waterford Lakes, Oviedo, and Winter Springs are all nice and have lower rent than Orlando city limits or Winter Park. But distance from where you will be working might not be worth it to you when having to make the drive in traffic. I'm actually in Conway (its an orlando address) but its just south of Winter Park and right between there and your work. I like where I am since I can get to just about anywhere in the Orlando area in 30 minutes if traffic isn't too bad.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You are going to be working in the southern part of Orange County, best bet will be Hunters Creek, nice clean area and just down JohnYoung Pkwy, 10min from your work, you going to the tech school?

Gary
Old 06-08-2013, 02:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Let me know if ya need any help!
Old 06-08-2013, 03:25 PM
Teching In

Don't to forget to factor in tolls for your commute, if you lived in Oviedo/Winter Park you would probably have $5+ each way in tolls. Doesn't sound like much but over a year is $2600.

If you decide on WP or Oviedo, try and get as close to 417 as possible because traffic blows during rush hour.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also have lived in Conway for 14+ years and it is a nice area. lake Nona, Oviedo, wintersprings, Avalon, are all also great places.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also ls1gto.com has alot of fl members on the website. I know alot are on here as well
Old 06-08-2013, 05:17 PM
On The Tree

Lake Mary is a little drive from there but I love it here.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:32 PM
10 Second Club

I have very good friends in Lake Mary and visit often. Lake Mary is awesome!
Old 06-08-2013, 06:24 PM
11 Second Club

Apopka/sweetwater/longwood We love it up here
Old 06-09-2013, 01:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 01RedSS
Don't to forget to factor in tolls for your commute, if you lived in Oviedo/Winter Park you would probably have $5+ each way in tolls. Doesn't sound like much but over a year is $2600.

If you decide on WP or Oviedo, try and get as close to 417 as possible because traffic blows during rush hour.
There are no tolls for him living in most of Winter Park. Winter Park is on the north side of Conway, but it does stretch all the way out to Oviedo.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Chevyboy454010
along with what thebeast916 said the obvious ones to stay away from are pinehills and paramore. i live in the waterford lakes area near the waterford lakes town center its a pretty nice area tons of nice apartments and house are being built if you decide later on to get one. the only thing i say thats fairly nice that i know of near your job is hunters creek its part of kissimee but not bad and alot closer.
Yeah I think that we are now considering something inbetween cocoa and Orlando like north of the 528? Thoughts?

Originally Posted by blackbirdls1
Oviedo, Hands down is great for raising a young one. Access to basically anywhere in central florida within 20 to 40 minutes including beaches!
Yeah I have seen some nice homes.

Originally Posted by CAMyers720
Waterford Lakes, Oviedo, and Winter Springs are all nice and have lower rent than Orlando city limits or Winter Park. But distance from where you will be working might not be worth it to you when having to make the drive in traffic. I'm actually in Conway (its an orlando address) but its just south of Winter Park and right between there and your work. I like where I am since I can get to just about anywhere in the Orlando area in 30 minutes if traffic isn't too bad.
Yeah traffic is the big thing we want to avoid if we can. At least at all costs.

Originally Posted by toadzq8
You are going to be working in the southern part of Orange County, best bet will be Hunters Creek, nice clean area and just down JohnYoung Pkwy, 10min from your work, you going to the tech school?

Gary
No I am hopefully getting a directors position there in the Financial Aid department. If not, We will still move but just may move a bit east to be closer to family.

Originally Posted by toadzq8
Let me know if ya need any help!

might need help once we get out there!! Pizza and beer for all car guys! LOL

Originally Posted by 01RedSS

Yeah I think that as nice as those areas are, we want something closer or something a bit more east.

Originally Posted by Trevor.j
I also have lived in Conway for 14+ years and it is a nice area. lake Nona, Oviedo, wintersprings, Avalon, are all also great places.

We are looking at Lake Nona. It is in the middle of family in Cocoa, and Orlando.

Originally Posted by Trevor.j
Also ls1gto.com has alot of fl members on the website. I know alot are on here as well
Yeah I posted this same thread up there as well.

Originally Posted by Drew WS6
Lake Mary is a little drive from there but I love it here.
Ill check it out. Thanks!

Originally Posted by high impact
I have very good friends in Lake Mary and visit often. Lake Mary is awesome!
Looking now!
Old 06-10-2013, 01:57 AM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I live in Oviedo and while it is a great place to live, I wouldn't even consider it if I had to work where you'll be working. It's an honest 45 minutes with no traffic and an hour plus in traffic.

There were some great other suggestions above like Lake Nona area, also right nearby to your work there's a road West Weatherbee. A good friend of mine just bought a house in this area and not only is it a good neighborhood, but the price was right. If you could find a spot that worked for you in there, life would be awesome because you'ld be near all the cool stuff, and have a bike rode to work if you felt like it.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

I live in Hunters Creek. It is 10 minutes up the road. All the suggested areas are nice, but extremely far, and traffic would make your morning commute well over an hour each morning. There only a select few house available in the Hunters Creek area, but it is like one of the top 25 places to live in the country. Plus office depot in Hunters Creek has a huge car meet every sat night. Plenty of fbodies go out there.

Edit: the drive home is twice as bad.

Quick Reply: Orlando People...