Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Jacksonville, FL Roll Call!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 08:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm just like y'all, I do a lot of off the track testing... But id like to get out there and see where the new setup is at, also ive been tuning with HP tuners for 4+ years now, if you need help just let me know.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:09 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by silent_soul
ya, my car used to have a supercharger and really needs to be retuned. I have hp tuners and will be honest I have no idea how to use it or interpret the data I have collected recording me driving. Im trying to learn but I must admit im curious where I stand as far as times go. I really need a new intake as I know id perform way better.
Which intake do you have on there?
Old 08-20-2013, 08:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks like this is a done deal. Won't be long and a track will be real close. Hellz yeah for us.

Quoted
Had a great meeting with Town Council tonight - unanimously voted for drag strip zoning!

I've got to say ... GREEN COVE SPRINGS has the most welcoming, friendly & helpful folks a community could ask for.

IHRA official coming out on THURSDAY

Track coming along .. Lots of prep work going on
RockAuto.com already a sponsor and some local business owners will be joining them

It's going to be great and will keep posting here as the track progresses...website & Facebook page coming soon

Appreciate all the support....
Old 08-20-2013, 08:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 02_ramair_ta
I'm just like y'all, I do a lot of off the track testing... But id like to get out there and see where the new setup is at, also ive been tuning with HP tuners for 4+ years now, if you need help just let me know.
right on man, ill bring my laptop out to the track if anything alittle guidance and what tables mean what and how to read them would be help. Im not dense but I have an impossible time reading "how tos" with no picture to guide me understanding and adjusting a visual table/graph

Originally Posted by wooddaniel
Which intake do you have on there?
stock ls1 intake and injectors. I wanna get a fast but probably wont happen till tax season(hopefully ill just be getting a supercharger )
Old 08-20-2013, 08:38 PM
12 Second Club

right on man, ill bring my laptop out to the track if anything alittle guidance and what tables mean what and how to read them would be help. Im not dense but I have an impossible time reading "how tos" with no picture to guide me understanding and adjusting a visual table/graph

stock ls1 intake and injectors. I wanna get a fast but probably wont happen till tax season(hopefully ill just be getting a supercharger )
you need an LS6 intake bad! The LS1 intake is choking your combo (If it's still the same as your sig) You can get one dirt cheap, hell I found one for sale on craigslist for my TA for 150$. Although putting it on is a pain in the *** on our cars because it's under the dash.

Yeah I am getting deployed in less than 2 months so no telling what kind of car I will end up with when I get back. I thought about doing more to my car, like an S/C or turbo but I really think I want either a C6Z06 and another Fbody for a daily or a 09 +CTS-V. I got a year to decide. If I don't sell the Z06 before I leave, I may come back and do a 408 stroker with boost and call it a day.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:40 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Firechikn
Looks like this is a done deal. Won't be long and a track will be real close. Hellz yeah for us.

Quoted
Had a great meeting with Town Council tonight - unanimously voted for drag strip zoning!

I've got to say ... GREEN COVE SPRINGS has the most welcoming, friendly & helpful folks a community could ask for.

IHRA official coming out on THURSDAY

Track coming along .. Lots of prep work going on
RockAuto.com already a sponsor and some local business owners will be joining them

It's going to be great and will keep posting here as the track progresses...website & Facebook page coming soon

Appreciate all the support....
That's awesome, there is definitely the support for it around this area.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:54 PM
Launching!

you need an LS6 intake bad! The LS1 intake is choking your combo (If it's still the same as your sig) You can get one dirt cheap, hell I found one for sale on craigslist for my TA for 150$. Although putting it on is a pain in the *** on our cars because it's under the dash.

Yeah I am getting deployed in less than 2 months so no telling what kind of car I will end up with when I get back. I thought about doing more to my car, like an S/C or turbo but I really think I want either a C6Z06 and another Fbody for a daily or a 09 +CTS-V. I got a year to decide. If I don't sell the Z06 before I leave, I may come back and do a 408 stroker with boost and call it a day.
My setup is whats in my sig, I havent even found ls6 intakes for 300 which is what I would consider normal going rate. Everyone wants 4-500 right now it seems. I dont have 300 for one though if I found one for 150-200 I might be able to swing that. I have been keeping my eyes open. I think I would gain massive amounts of power though through a good tune, as im way rich and the advance is setup up pretty much for a s/c it runs and drives ok but there is an easy 30-40hp being lost in the tune, and yes my intake is killing the setup. Wish I could have snagged the s/c when I bought the car. I would be a happy camper right now
Old 08-20-2013, 09:09 PM
12 Second Club

My setup is whats in my sig, I havent even found ls6 intakes for 300 which is what I would consider normal going rate. Everyone wants 4-500 right now it seems. I dont have 300 for one though if I found one for 150-200 I might be able to swing that. I have been keeping my eyes open. I think I would gain massive amounts of power though through a good tune, as im way rich and the advance is setup up pretty much for a s/c it runs and drives ok but there is an easy 30-40hp being lost in the tune, and yes my intake is killing the setup. Wish I could have snagged the s/c when I bought the car. I would be a happy camper right now
Damn, I sold my last one for 325$. Jeremy Formato does great tuning, he may be able to do a street tune for you for fairly cheap; EFI Alchemy tuned my old Z28 and they did a great job with it, Doc charges 400$ for a basic car like yours
Old 08-21-2013, 04:45 AM
Launching!

Damn, I sold my last one for 325$. Jeremy Formato does great tuning, he may be able to do a street tune for you for fairly cheap; EFI Alchemy tuned my old Z28 and they did a great job with it, Doc charges 400$ for a basic car like yours
well i do have hp tuners and ill be honest I know a pro tune would be awesome but if I had 400 since my car is currently running ok id be way more inclined to spend it on stuff other than a tune and just try to learn more on using hp tuners. Idk i might break down and spend that money when I get a new intake.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:53 AM
12 Second Club

well i do have hp tuners and ill be honest I know a pro tune would be awesome but if I had 400 since my car is currently running ok id be way more inclined to spend it on stuff other than a tune and just try to learn more on using hp tuners. Idk i might break down and spend that money when I get a new intake.
A good tune is worth the $. Running it hard with a bad tune can put you in a world of other issues, im sure you know that. I learned the hard way, blew up a 73k mile car back in the day. I understand the $ thing. Just had to sell my dd for financial reasons.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:27 AM
Launching!

I'm game for a track day. Need to get some stock times before I add mods
Old 08-21-2013, 10:30 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02camaroburn
I'm game for a track day. Need to get some stock times before I add mods
Mods will wake that car up like crazy especially a tune/intake. What color is yours? I had an Ignition Orange 08 GT
Old 08-21-2013, 11:49 AM
11 Second Club

So are we all down to hit up the Gainsville track??

Hopefully they open the track here in Jax.. I will keep looking for news and updates on that.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:52 AM
Launching!

It's got a RotoFab intake on it but that's it. Car is black. I figure if it's not too hot out I could pull a 13.5 but doubt I'll see anything better than that. Get rid of this baby *** panzy cam in the engine and some exhaust and tune should have 12.8s in it easy after that
Old 08-21-2013, 03:57 PM
Launching!

Ok so if the weather holds out I'm gonna hit up gainesville friday night anyone else going?
Old 08-21-2013, 09:11 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02camaroburn
Ok so if the weather holds out I'm gonna hit up gainesville friday night anyone else going?
I got drill saturday so I cant. You should run a 13.5 @ 105 ish. Just my prediction. Ill def be there the 11rh.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:53 AM
Launching!

Yeah I'd be very suprised if it runs any quicker than that. Damn car's too heavy
Old 08-22-2013, 08:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02_ramair_ta
So are we all down to hit up the Gainsville track??

Hopefully they open the track here in Jax.. I will keep looking for news and updates on that.
They are opening the one in Green cove soon but holy ****... it does not look like a track at the moment..
Old 08-22-2013, 10:11 PM
11 Second Club

Ive heard its a 1/8 mile track for now, and they plan to extend it out to a full 1/4 over time.

Ill be going regularly if they get it up and going..
Old 08-23-2013, 02:52 PM
Launching!

No track for me tonight

Quick Reply: Jacksonville, FL Roll Call!