Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

looking for South Florida mechanic

Old 12-09-2013, 08:50 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for South Florida mechanic

So I am tired and can't figure this out looking for a mechanic to get my baby up and running again. anyone know any good mechanics from the kendall to downtown Miami area? would LOVE if someone knew a mobile mechanic that can come to me to avoid towing fees but if not its all good, just let me know where they are.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:05 PM
Staging Lane

Can you give some more information on the problem???
Old 12-10-2013, 10:02 AM
Launching!

replaced clutch because supposedly I had a bad slave.. thought I might as well change the clutch too.. replaced all slave flywheel, pressure plate pilot bearing the works.. put back together and it was still leaking in between the bell housing and tranny. replace the O-ring in the master plug that goes into the slave.. and it appears to have stopped the leak because before by the next day all the fluid was gone out of the reservoir, then I got some pressure on the clutch pedal but not enough for to engage the clutch.. in other words it had pressure that it came back up after I pushed it in. but when I actually tried it, (push clutch in put it in first and let go the wheels didn't move).. feels like its lacking a lot of pressure. so I decided to try something out, on the speed bleeder I took the bleeder nut completely off and pumped the clutch with a full reservoir and nothing comes out or it spits some fluid I'd think it would be spewing out like crazy.. so someone here mentioned it sounded like the MC was not doing its job. just ordered a Tick master to see if that solves the problem..

do you know how to install it? I would pay you.. let me know what you think.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BrainFreezE
replaced clutch because supposedly I had a bad slave.. thought I might as well change the clutch too.. replaced all slave flywheel, pressure plate pilot bearing the works.. put back together and it was still leaking in between the bell housing and tranny. replace the O-ring in the master plug that goes into the slave.. and it appears to have stopped the leak because before by the next day all the fluid was gone out of the reservoir, then I got some pressure on the clutch pedal but not enough for to engage the clutch.. in other words it had pressure that it came back up after I pushed it in. but when I actually tried it, (push clutch in put it in first and let go the wheels didn't move).. feels like its lacking a lot of pressure. so I decided to try something out, on the speed bleeder I took the bleeder nut completely off and pumped the clutch with a full reservoir and nothing comes out or it spits some fluid I'd think it would be spewing out like crazy.. so someone here mentioned it sounded like the MC was not doing its job. just ordered a Tick master to see if that solves the problem..

do you know how to install it? I would pay you.. let me know what you think.
I had a similar situation with a after market master, no matter what I did it would not build pressure, bought a new GM unit which comes prefilled and bled and it gtg.

btw my experience with them is they will NOT bleed like brakes would, you need a power bleeder, changing out the master on f bodies is a pain in the ***.
Old 12-17-2013, 03:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.makperformance.com/

MAK is in Hialeah and they did my clutch and assembly four years ago. I thought the price was well in line with a capable shop.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: looking for South Florida mechanic