Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Where are the meets/spots in Jacksonville?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 05:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where are the meets/spots in Jacksonville?

Just moved into town and I was wondering where everybody met or cruised at around here. My T/A is still in NC but I brought my G8 down and would like to see where all the LS guys are here
Old 01-04-2014, 06:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

http://www.carshowjax.com/cruise-in.html
Old 01-04-2014, 07:53 PM
Teching In

Check out rivercityperformance.com they are a local group.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:22 PM
Staging Lane

alright thanks guys
Old 01-04-2014, 08:26 PM
Staging Lane

looks like river city hasn't updated in a while. we had regular meets at an advance in NC where im from. anything like that around here?
Old 01-04-2014, 08:58 PM
On The Tree

The rivercityperformance site is very new (just updated software) and slow at the moment. We try to meet up regularly.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:06 PM
Staging Lane

oh I wasn't bashing the site, im just wondering if theres one meet up spot or do you guys go different places and have a schedule?
Old 01-05-2014, 10:31 PM
11 Second Club

Whats going on man, I just moved out here myself.... Alot of people meet up at the Sonic off Beach on friday-saturday nights, Also they have a main street cruise here that is pretty nice..

Im putting my car back together, but once she is up and running I am down to kick it.. should be a couple weeks
Old 01-05-2014, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

lol... dude you will soon realize that no one cares about meeting up or any type of REAL camaraderie! I have tried to setup meets so we could B.S. and talk shop, but it was like pulling teeth! Hell... I set up an event, at a bad *** all you can eat wings joint, on my first meet, and even paid for everyone meals, 10 or 11 people, but do you think anyone was appreciative, lol... not a single thank you or word about it on here!

Hell, I made a facebook page for us Florida 4th Gen Fbody guy, and out of the 70+ views, since I've posted the links, earlier today and haven't got much of a response!

Bro... you'll find general help, but not much more. And forget about finding someone to help turn wrenches, I just gave up on that! Hell... I've gotten more love from my GEO METRO Bros! They'll come paint your damn car just to hang out and talk shop! But the difference is, for you to love your GEO, you gotta be a car guy; it's an ugly uncool car that doesn't create any type of competition between each other, but Fbodies... everyone is in competition with each other to have the best, loudest, or fastest and you can't have REAL camaraderie with competition like that.

Last edited by RONIN LSX; 01-06-2014 at 12:09 AM.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:14 PM
11 Second Club

Well, I am not from around here, So I dont know all the bullshit that seems to be the norm, but I will say, I am down to hang out when we can? I know people have lives and jobs, and family you name it, but if yall are wanting to get together, bullshit, and make things fast, I am down... We had a very nice group of guys out in Lemoore where I was stationed before I came here, and it was a every weekend deal for the most part, ofcourse some people cant, and some people are flakes..

Like I said, I will have my car back together here in a couple weeks, just finishing getting a few odds and ends in the mail, and I am down to kick it...
Old 01-05-2014, 11:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02_ramair_ta
Well, I am not from around here, So I dont know all the bullshit that seems to be the norm, but I will say, I am down to hang out when we can? I know people have lives and jobs, and family you name it, but if yall are wanting to get together, bullshit, and make things fast, I am down... We had a very nice group of guys out in Lemoore where I was stationed before I came here, and it was a every weekend deal for the most part, ofcourse some people cant, and some people are flakes..

Like I said, I will have my car back together here in a couple weeks, just finishing getting a few odds and ends in the mail, and I am down to kick it...

Yeah people have lives, but I bet that if you set a meet 2 months in advance, you'll still be hard pressed to get people together.

I am from Miami and we were always turning wrenches and pulling motors! I was an Admin for a car club and I got local shops to hook up with discounts, and body shops to hook up with paint. There's a lot of benefits to car clubs, but here in JAX, it seems impossible.

Bro, my Bird has been down for almost 3 years now, but I am always ready to bullshit with like minded people!

I don't know if you're into cigars and drinking, but I'm always up at Island Girls, either off of 295 & Gate, or Ponte Vedra. I'm up there chillax'N with a stogie and a drink!

Old 01-05-2014, 11:42 PM
11 Second Club

Never heard of the place? Still learning my way around here really, but I have never been a big cigar guy, black and milds here and there, thats about it.

I know what you mean about setting things up in advance and then its falls to ****. 3 YEARS??? What you need to get done to get it back up and goin? I spend about 90% of my spare time working on something, either cars, bikes, whatever.. so I am always down to help out if you needed.

Ill get my ride back up and moving, so I am not riding the bike all over town, and I will hit you up, might need to take a look at some of those parts you have for sale.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:48 PM
11 Second Club

might even get Jake to come hang out? I know the parking lot behind Hardee's off Merrill rd and Wompi has a small car show/ get together every 1st Saturday of the month. Its alot of old guys and hotrods, but that is kinda my style... I dig old school muscle with new school parts....

that or sonic one weekend, yall let me know?? Ill be there!
Old 01-06-2014, 12:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02_ramair_ta
Never heard of the place? Still learning my way around here really, but I have never been a big cigar guy, black and milds here and there, thats about it.

I know what you mean about setting things up in advance and then its falls to ****. 3 YEARS??? What you need to get done to get it back up and goin? I spend about 90% of my spare time working on something, either cars, bikes, whatever.. so I am always down to help out if you needed.

Ill get my ride back up and moving, so I am not riding the bike all over town, and I will hit you up, might need to take a look at some of those parts you have for sale.
lol... I love stogies! Funny thing is, I've NEVER smoked a cigarette. Ewww... I can't do Black & Milds, lol... I can only smoke the best, lol... some of my sticks cost me over $30 each, lol..

Yeah the Birds been down for a while. When I got her, it would not go into 3rd. One day I was going down St. Johs Bluff and a Ferrari 248 Spyder pulled up next to me. We both had our tops down, both were black cars, and we both sounded mean... it was like looking in a mirror, but I was better looking, lmao... we hit the gas and took most of St. Johns Bluff, then I remembered... "Oh ****, I only have 2 gears!!!" Well at that time, he was on my back quarter when I let off and he kept going with a wave in passing. Everything seemed fine at the time, but a few days later, IT started... the knocking... and it's been sitting since.

A lot of the reason it's been down is because I go to Med school full time so the $$$ is hard to come by now. In fact, I was selling off a lot of my parts to make ends meet. When thing started coming together, I found a 01 T/A with no title and picked it up for the LS1 and T56, but in the end, I had to sell that too. However, I just picked up a sweet LQ9 so that's going in, unless I can trade it for a LSX block.

Yeah, I have the 01 T/A roller if you need some parts.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:05 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah guys I'm down. I know zero people here and barely my way around haha. I think i might go check out the sonic spot this weekend since it's supposed to be nice weather
Old 01-06-2014, 01:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Jake18
oh I wasn't bashing the site, im just wondering if theres one meet up spot or do you guys go different places and have a schedule?
Didn't think you were bashing at all. We have been a little slow lately on get togethers and all. We have quite a few navy guys and there is no BS for the most part. We just had an end of year party Saturday night (I had to miss it). We will have have cruises and get togethers again here soon. We do wrench on each other's cars and help each other out we have a great core group of people.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Last time I asked where the meet spots were in Tampa, a couple of douche bags accused me of being a cop, and nobody told me ****. lol
Old 01-06-2014, 03:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think sonic has been shut down for a while. Since you are new to Florida, come join the Florida G8 Car Club Facebook page (if you have one) and they always have meets, mostly in Orlando/Tampa though. A few of us here in Jax meet up and go to a few shows.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:35 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah I'll join the page. Can't really venture to far from jacakonville or I'll get lost though. I'll keep on the forum and see when everyone meets up but I'll be out riding on weekends. It's a stock grey g8 gt
Old 01-06-2014, 11:49 PM
11 Second Club

I'll be at the mayport base wrenchin on my car this weekend, need to finish up a few things.. But as soon as its done, I'll be out and about.. We can figure something out if sonic is dead..

Quick Reply: Where are the meets/spots in Jacksonville?