Old 07-21-2014, 04:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jacksonville shops

Any one know a good shop in Jacksonville that does dyno tunes
Old 07-21-2014, 07:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

the most well kown is doc at EFI alchemy. cant go wrong there.

tracy at tuners.inc also does great work. tracy is off of college rd off of blanding and EFI is more in flemming island.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Efi Alchemy will take care of you no problem!

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
Old 08-08-2014, 07:13 AM
Teching In

Go to efi. Those guys have helped me out so much and made my car amazing
Old 08-08-2014, 11:09 PM

One of quite a few from another forum
Just wanted to let evryone know about my experience w/this shop. Found them on this forum when i purchased my 2001 WS6 TA. Had extensive mods done, car was delivered w/problems twice. NOTE: i live in South FL & drove the car or had it transported to them in Jacksonville. The last phase of work involved dropping a TSP 418 stroker in it. The car ran horribly on the drive home, spitting out oil droplets from the tailpipes. it would turn off frequently while driving or just idling.

i have been working with a local shop in miramar (cap issues this am). Upon taking the engine apart, the piston tops were scorched & the rings werent seated properly. Cylinders were bored unevenly. Also, they left the LS1 pcm in the car when they should have upgraded it. When I remarked during the test drive that it was running rough, I was told the pcm would "learn." Beware of them. I dropped over $40K in their shop on mods & this is the way they treated me. Its going to cost $12K to fix what they did.....Havent driven my car in almost 2 mos. Caveat emptor to the extreme.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:49 PM

I have my tuners. They know who dey be. Doc is not one of them. Not after what I saw from someone's file that I traded $800 worth of details for.

Dad's ls1 heads cam made 400 something he did a 383 high compression motor doc tune 403 final pull...something doesn't add up to me. Waste of 400 bucks.

If you want to see how bad you can grenade your motor take it to Doc at EFI (Entirely Fucked Investment)where to start. Let's say it would be a novel if I put it here. My ******* tune looked like a ******* EKG of someone getting the **** beat out of them. My car is now catlless why? Well the ******* retard tuned my car melted them. Doc in my book is a POS period. Don't like him or his fucked up work "ethic" which is an oxymoron using it with his name.

Efi once, never again. Tony for the most recent. Tracy for the next after I get back.

I had a Doc tune once on my Vette.... Put it on a map based tune & he never changed the VE tables so anything over 3/4 throttle under 2600rpm car went into limp mode... Never even did the nitrous tune he was supposed to do either. Had my friend street tune it afterwards... Not a fan of him at all...

After the cam and stall I've been back 3 times to retune with Doc. Definitely not 100% happy. Limp mode, not shifting under full throttle, weak starts, stall locking like I got rear ended, hesitation with quick partial throttle, stall not flashing over 60 mph, not down shifting wot aaahhhhh ya I think that's it. Last time I was there he called Tony for help. Its a ls3 cam/stall how hard could it be.Oh and those mother ******* lost my stock cam, stall and springs which all had 8k miles!!

Reviews that I found on them. Sounds like they have gone down hill
Old 08-10-2014, 04:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1slow06goat
Its a ls3 cam/stall how hard could it be.Oh and those mother ******* lost my stock cam, stall and springs which all had 8k miles!!

Reviews that I found on them. Sounds like they have gone down hill
Sounds exactly like my buddies G8 GXP experience with them...
Old 09-09-2014, 12:23 AM

A guy with the clay county cruisers has a factory V8 colorado that EFI Alchemy put a cam in. A little over a year later it dropped a valve and destroyed the engine. When he took it apart he found the stock springs still on it, not the double springs that came with the cam. They did not even offer to help with the cost of what they caused. The springs probably ended up on Jeff's engine.
A salesman from Garber chevy had them put a fast intake and throttle body on his vette and they could not make it idle or stop it from stalling.

Last edited by 1slow06goat; 09-09-2014 at 12:43 AM.

Quick Reply: Jacksonville shops