Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

repair shop recommendations for 2001 trans am

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 02:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default repair shop recommendations for 2001 trans am

Hi

I have a 2001 WS6 Trans Am that was involved in an accident some time ago, and I am looking to have it repaired, hopefully in the Melbourne, Florida area.

The damage is mostly to the front end [front cap]. The air bags deployed, so they will also need to be replaced along with the dash. The vehicle has a couple of other issues, such as the rear main seal needing to be fixed and the a/c not working since the accident.

I have a mechanic that I know who says he will fix everything for a certain price, including paint and the rear main seal. However, he won't actually specify what type of parts he will use. He will only go so far as to say "OEM, if available". The lack of certainty bothers me.

Does anyone know of a good shop in the area for that type of thing.

Also, are there any opinions [ha, ha, i know] about whether it is O.K. to have a mechanic do the work rather than a Body Shop?

Thanks.
Old 12-27-2015, 08:38 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I work for a German car repair shop and we would never dream of doing body work. We work with some great body shops and let them do what they do best. They come to us for some of the mechanical needs because that's what we do best. Just my $0.02.

Quick Reply: repair shop recommendations for 2001 trans am