Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Trans shop review

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 05:59 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Trans shop review

I had to have my T56 rebuilt after having a driveshaft break on me. I was trying to not ship it and discovered Promotion Performance in Fort Lauderdale. Being that I am across the state in Fort Myers, I called and spoke to Walt and setup a day to bring it over. Once I got there, everyone was super friendly and professional. They even came out to the car and carried the trans in for me. Then I got to watch Rick tear the trans down to give a better 'rough' estimate. I got lucky and only needed a main shaft and input shaft (both bent). They also suggested the usual T56 upgrades (steel shift fork, 2nd gear cluster upgrade, etc). I agreed to the work and they had it ready for pick up as soon as the parts came in. I was out the door for $1800. They also carried the trans out to my car for the trip home.

Now the back story, my only hint that there was something wrong with the trans is that the driveshaft was stuck in the trans. Once I got it out, it wouldn't go back in. I verified that the slip yoke was good on a spare trans I had, so I wanted someone to put eyes on it before I started shelling out the cash for a rebuild or upgrade. I did search around on here and found one mention of their shop, and it was a good experience. I just thought I would add to that. All they rebuild is manual trans, so that was a good thing. Their working trans displays are pretty cool and I was quick to play with them.

I tried to limit the info I gave so this post wouldn't get deleted. They admit that they are much bigger on the mustang forums. They do offer shipping, but I am usually off during the week and have more free time than money. Plus it was nice to support a somewhat local shop, hence why this is in the Florida section.

Hopefully this will still be around tomorrow!

-jason