Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Best performance shop in Sarasota......

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 07:18 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Best performance shop in Sarasota......

Any recommendations on a shop to do a Positive Displacement Supercharger install and tune on a 1998 Trans Am. Also, LT headers, 4L80E transmission, Torque Arm and a few other little things.

Or Tampa......

Jeremy Formato I guess can do the tuning since he's in that area.

Thanks.

Old 09-26-2018, 10:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Skips of 8th would probably do it if not PM me back I'm sure I can find someone in sarasota
Old 09-27-2018, 12:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

I thought you already had roastin240 doing all this work?
Old 10-03-2018, 01:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ddnspider
I thought you already had roastin240 doing all this work?
He stopped replying to my emails for some reason.

Plus, he did not want to do an entire project. He wanted me to find a shop to do all the work....then tow it to him just to do the tuning. If he would do it all....that would be awesome, I like his attention to detail and he seems like a pretty serious guy. There is a shop in Melbourne near him, but the place that I got the Supercharger from (in Sarasota) is just getting ready to dyno an LS 408ci with the Harrop 2650. They have some custom idler brackets to use also I was just going to drive there to pick everything up, then drive to a shop right there and leave it till its done, Formato can tune it. Then I'll go pick it up.

Still stuck in Dubai.....get home in 3 weeks. So I'll make a final decision.

Old 10-03-2018, 01:56 PM
10 Second Club

Bleh....Formato.....
Old 10-04-2018, 03:38 PM
Banned

Bleh....Formato.....
I'd rather have roastin240 tune it......and then have it all installed in Melbourne near his house. I need the engine dropped out for 2-3 days at whatever shop does it because I need to have the engine bay re-painted while I'm at this. So they will have to have it towed to a shop locally to get that done, then tow it back to finish it.

Old 10-04-2018, 03:57 PM
10 Second Club

I know another shop in Melbourne that could so the install but it sounds like you're too far along.
Old 10-22-2018, 09:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tampa Autosports Best cleanest shop around. Highly talented techs and a state of the art facility.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You will not go wrong with PowerTech Performance in St. Pete, or Chris Henry Motorsports up in Dade City.
Old 10-24-2018, 09:26 AM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

+1 On Chris Henry fair prices and quality work.
Old 11-03-2018, 09:13 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Pretty much anyone except Formato. I've lived in Florida for a couple of years now and i've seen some legit horror stories come from his shop in that time frame. Specifically in the CTS-V community. Cal Hartline is in Melbourne so I can recommend him for sure. He does amazing work and knows his ****. Tuning I always recommend Justin White for LS/Gen V LT engines. He's big in the Corvette and CTS-V communities as well. If the car is over on this side of Florida and you want the engine bay painted as well I part time at a body shop when they have major mechanical restorations that need done and they do good work at reasonable prices as well.
Old 11-03-2018, 10:23 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TheTinMan
Pretty much anyone except Formato. I've lived in Florida for a couple of years now and i've seen some legit horror stories come from his shop in that time frame. Specifically in the CTS-V community. Cal Hartline is in Melbourne so I can recommend him for sure. He does amazing work and knows his ****. Tuning I always recommend Justin White for LS/Gen V LT engines. He's big in the Corvette and CTS-V communities as well. If the car is over on this side of Florida and you want the engine bay painted as well I part time at a body shop when they have major mechanical restorations that need done and they do good work at reasonable prices as well.
I was with you until you started recommending Hartline. For race car stuff, yes he's great; for real street car stuff I would not go to him. I have heard good things about White's.
Old 11-03-2018, 02:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I was with you until you started recommending Hartline. For race car stuff, yes he's great; for real street car stuff I would not go to him. I have heard good things about White's.
Yeah Cal does a lot of a race car stuff, but as far as this coast he's still probably the only one i'd let touch my stuff if I didn't do everything myself aside from tuning. I know his V is pretty ridiculous and he's worked on a few other people's in this area. However, i've only been down to his shop to help work on other people's stuff with Justin White so I have no first hand experience with it because again I do my own work.
Old 11-03-2018, 06:15 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TheTinMan
Yeah Cal does a lot of a race car stuff, but as far as this coast he's still probably the only one i'd let touch my stuff if I didn't do everything myself aside from tuning. I know his V is pretty ridiculous and he's worked on a few other people's in this area. However, i've only been down to his shop to help work on other people's stuff with Justin White so I have no first hand experience with it because again I do my own work.
Im on the same coast and I've seen, and fixed, a tune of his. Like I said, racecar stuff, all the way. Fbody street car with a cam, no thanks. I'm sure he's great with Vs as that seems to be his specialty.