Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Anyone From Pensacola post up with Pics!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 02:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How did your tune turn out?
Old 01-29-2005, 06:25 PM
TECH Regular

Alan did a great job with the tune! Results in the sig. That was with a stock throttle body. Added a ported one, so it should breath alot better now. The cam definately sounds awesome!! We just need fix the tranny.

Ben
Old 01-29-2005, 07:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey guys,
Just got back from that car show, 5 cars! haha this weather sucks. It's suppose to be an ongoing thing so maybe it'll be better next week. I don't know if this is a try at being better than BK or what, but I'll prolly check both out next weekend.

Ben- those are great numbers, I tried calling you tonight but I think you gave me the wrong number ( on purpose? ) haha just kidding. Sucks about your tranny. What color is your Hawk? I saw a nice white one at Petsmart today, I couldn't find the owner though.
Hope this weather clears up so everyone can actually meet. Everyone enjoy your week.

Luke
Old 01-29-2005, 09:46 PM
On The Tree

Congrats. Sounds similar to my car. I put down 431hp 382tq unlocked through my auto. I am hoping for 450hp ~400tq with the mods I am finishing up. What kind of stall/gears you running on that beast?
Old 01-30-2005, 08:02 AM
TECH Regular

Luke,

Sorry man. We were a little under the weather yesterday and fell asleep on the couch. I guess we needed to the sleep. The drive back and forth form Futral Friday night tired us out too. We had good intentions. And your right, I guess I did give you the wrong number. . Instead of 43, it's 34. Sorry about that man. I really hope the weather clears up next weekend, I want to get the cars out! I figured the turn out was going to be crappy when I went outside at 10 last night and saw all the fog. Oh, and the Hawk, is stealthy black!

Originally Posted by lilone
Congrats. Sounds similar to my car. I put down 431hp 382tq unlocked through my auto. I am hoping for 450hp ~400tq with the mods I am finishing up. What kind of stall/gears you running on that beast?
It has a SY3500 for now and stock gears. I think we are going to go TH400 with a transbrake since her tranny is about done!!! I think it is robbing some hp too. And it definitely needs stickier tires. Anything above 3500 on these tires and it lights them up!!! What H/C combo do you have in yours?
Old 01-30-2005, 09:25 AM
On The Tree

I have a variation of the TREX cam 243.3/249.5 108.7 and the TEA 5.3 nitrous port stage 1.5's. It has been tuned for the spray and put down the 431rwhp on 25.0 degrees of timing. I have been playing around with it though and hopefully adding the Meziere and some 1 7/8 headers with extensions will get me a bit closer to 450.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:06 PM
On The Tree

Hey guys,
I just got my 2001 Black WS6 about 3 weeks ago and have already begun the mods. I would love to get together sometime for a cruise. I go to Holt just about every weekend. If any of you were ever out there last year I drove a Black '99 GTP that ran 8.40's to 8.60's depending on the weather. I also competed in the street bracket program on Saturday night last year and finished 3rd. If any one wants to get together for a cruise to Holt on a T&T night just hit me up. It would be sweet to roll into the track with 10-15 Fbodies.
Lata
Patrick
Old 02-05-2005, 07:54 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by lilone
I have a variation of the TREX cam 243.3/249.5 108.7 and the TEA 5.3 nitrous port stage 1.5's. It has been tuned for the spray and put down the 431rwhp on 25.0 degrees of timing. I have been playing around with it though and hopefully adding the Meziere and some 1 7/8 headers with extensions will get me a bit closer to 450.
That sounds like a pretty cool setup! I'd like to see that some time. That cam has to sound nasty in that thing! What headers are you planning on?

Originally Posted by Holeshotz
Hey guys,
I just got my 2001 Black WS6 about 3 weeks ago and have already begun the mods. I would love to get together sometime for a cruise. I go to Holt just about every weekend. If any of you were ever out there last year I drove a Black '99 GTP that ran 8.40's to 8.60's depending on the weather. I also competed in the street bracket program on Saturday night last year and finished 3rd. If any one wants to get together for a cruise to Holt on a T&T night just hit me up. It would be sweet to roll into the track with 10-15 Fbodies.
Lata
Patrick
Patrick,

Congrats on the new purchase!!! You made a great choice, if might say so. (I'm a little partial too. ) Raegan and I will be hitting up Holt and the surrounding tracks here soon. Once we get fully settled in to the house and a few more things straight with the cars, we will be heading out there. Would be nice to have some F-Bodies to crusie to the track with.

Is anyone heading out to BK/Beall's/Big Lots tonight? Should be a nice night to get out and meet people in the area.

Ben
Old 02-05-2005, 12:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey guys,
I'm heading out to Big Lots tonight on Navy Blvd. To see how that car show is, hope to see a bunch of you out there. If it sucks out there I'm heading over to Burger King, looks like its gonna be a great night. See everyone out there
Old 02-05-2005, 07:58 PM
On The Tree

Been a while since I checked this thread.

I am going to switch to QTP 1 7/8. I have QTPs now but they are the 1 3/8 race only.

BTW this setup was born in Cantonment.
Old 02-05-2005, 08:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Holeshotz
Hey guys,
Lata
Patrick

I remember that car. Pretty quick for a GTP. Back a couple years ago there was a guy with a white one that used to run up there all the time. Saw him on Mary Esther cutoff at probably one in the morning after tracking it all night. Raced him the entire cutoff and part of Beal it was damn fun. Those things get loud when you mod the blower
Old 02-06-2005, 06:23 AM
On The Tree

Yeah I sold him some headers and stuff of my wrecked GTP. I raced him tonight from a 45 roll and he got me by a car length @ 110mph. All I have though is a lid, Powershot and the Ram Air hood baffles removed. He still hasn't beat my best 1/8 mile ET in my GTP of 8.41. His best is 8.45. He traps more than I ever did but Horsepower is useless unless you can put it to the ground. I almost wish I didn't sell my stuff to him because now I thinking of getting another GTP for my daily driver. GTP's is probably the baddest family car. I do love the fact that I didn't have much more that I could do to my GTP and it runs what My WS6 does pretty much stock.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:02 PM
12 Second Club

wow its nice to see a lot of people are using this thread. well you guys will be plezed to know that im in the works of buying a '98 TA with the SLP hood, looks very nice i have to say, its midnight blue. the people live in tallahassee, fl. i know its a long way but their an old couple and took AWSOME care of the car 2nd owner, well third they bought for grandson and he bought a vett so they kept it. i posted a thread about headers or Stall and got good feedback on it that a stall would be the best bet right now, cuz im kinda tight on cash. it has a Cat-back exhaust. i should know when i get approved for the loan by like tue. or wens. at the latest. but ill need help on some mods and what do you guys think about the Stall Or Headers??????
Old 02-06-2005, 05:15 PM
On The Tree

Go with the stall. That will net better results than headers will. You will need to get your torque management programmed out but speed inc can do that for 150.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:58 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TransLS1
wow its nice to see a lot of people are using this thread. well you guys will be plezed to know that im in the works of buying a '98 TA with the SLP hood, looks very nice i have to say, its midnight blue. the people live in tallahassee, fl. i know its a long way but their an old couple and took AWSOME care of the car 2nd owner, well third they bought for grandson and he bought a vett so they kept it. i posted a thread about headers or Stall and got good feedback on it that a stall would be the best bet right now, cuz im kinda tight on cash. it has a Cat-back exhaust. i should know when i get approved for the loan by like tue. or wens. at the latest. but ill need help on some mods and what do you guys think about the Stall Or Headers??????
lilone's right. Go with the stall. And good luck with getting the TA.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:53 AM
TECH Regular

Looks like it will be time to start hitting the track again in the next month or so. My LME Pro 408 should be home in a few weeks! A little time to get the motor's swapped and tuned, and off to the track for some fun! Who all in the area goes to the track often? ie Holt, Gulfport, etc.
Old 02-08-2005, 01:33 PM
On The Tree

I'm at just about every T&T and Bracket Race @ Holt unless the car is broke.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:54 PM
12 Second Club

Talking got it

HAHA Yeah i got the car guys. i just have to go pick it up. i have duty this weekend so maybe next week some time, man im so happy. tnc_ls1, 1bdhwk and all you guys i will make sure we meet up, sometime soon.
tnc_ls1 you should stop by sometime and check it out, when i get it. peace you guys
Old 02-09-2005, 07:44 PM
TECH Regular

Congrats on the new Bird!!! Your gonna love it. We will definitely have to meet up. I work just down the street from you at Corry. Time to update your sig!
Old 02-10-2005, 05:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey everyone, the Panama City Gang will be at Holt this Sunday 2/13 for T&T, hope you can meet us there.

Quick Reply: Anyone From Pensacola post up with Pics!!