Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Anyone From Pensacola post up with Pics!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 05:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone doing anything tonight? The wife and I just saw...SAW II (gross) wow pretty ahh sick but I heard there will be a couple cars at BK I think I might stop by. Talk to you guys later. --Andrew

P.S. Hey ben they moved us (PSD) back over to NAS so I dont get the honor to look at the ZO6 every morning.......sucks for me. haha
Old 11-07-2005, 10:04 PM
TECH Regular

I thought I would revive this post. It's been pretty quiet. Not like I was helping out. It looks like I will be able to get my exhaust *cough, cough* on this weekend. Which means it will be allowed on the street. So that way I can get it aligned and down to RWTD to get dyno tuned next week if all goes well. I got the Strange drag brakes installed and the M/T 325/50/15's Street Radials mounted too. Started it again last night and it did well, it just doesn't like to idle. Now if I can just get that Lid and Filter tune going, I'll be set.

Originally Posted by TransLS1
Hey ben they moved us (PSD) back over to NAS so I dont get the honor to look at the ZO6 every morning.......sucks for me. haha
I noticed you weren't around anymore Andrew. I hadn't seen your car in a while. It sucks you will be heading out soon. But that's how goes. You'll be missed. We need to get together soon. I will admit, I do enjoy driving the Z alot better than the Lightning.

Ben
Old 11-08-2005, 06:32 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Hayze
Are you talking about the EB ZO6 here at corry?
You are correct sir! And a Black Firehawk every now and then(The Wife's toy )
Old 11-08-2005, 02:19 PM
TECH Regular

I have walked into a few people while marching, because i was staring at that car! Great looking color!
Thank you! Are you the one with the Black T/A and the red firebird on the front? The base is so small, I notice any LSx driving around or parked. I just don't know any of them except Andrew, and now he is on NAS.

Ben
Old 11-08-2005, 05:47 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah, thats mine alright. That is true, the base is so small you do notice any LSx running around and there are a few. Havent seen the 25th for awile.
Next time you see me, wave me down, we'll chat. I'll do the same.

Ben
Old 11-08-2005, 09:26 PM
12 Second Club

Well I was gonna say I thought the old post was about outta here. Yea I swear the Black T/A with the red accents never moves ... 325/50/15's huh nice and fat. how wide are they? DEC. 11 and we are gone . would be nice to hang out, maybe go out to dinner......with the wives of course...... ill drop you a line this friday see what your up to. Peace----Andrew
Old 11-08-2005, 10:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Better watch out Andrew, I went to the movies with Ben and Raegan once; they just got up and walked out of the theater for NO reason what-so-ever.

Of course they were occompained by me, my g/f and a whole bunch more people as well. But they started it.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 98BirdLS1
Better watch out Andrew, I went to the movies with Ben and Raegan once; they just got up and walked out of the theater for NO reason what-so-ever.

Of course they were occompained by me, my g/f and a whole bunch more people as well. But they started it.

Holy Crap!! I forgot about that. We still haven't gone to the movies on a Sat. evening after that.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:25 PM
TECH Regular

Well I was gonna say I thought the old post was about outta here. Yea I swear the Black T/A with the red accents never moves ... 325/50/15's huh nice and fat. how wide are they? DEC. 11 and we are gone . would be nice to hang out, maybe go out to dinner......with the wives of course...... ill drop you a line this friday see what your up to. Peace----Andrew

I'd have to agree with you on the non-moving T/A. The 325/50/15's are 13 inches wide and 11 inches of tread. Yes, they are huge! We'll have to catch up.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1BDHWK
Thank you! Are you the one with the Black T/A and the red firebird on the front? The base is so small, I notice any LSx driving around or parked. I just don't know any of them except Andrew, and now he is on NAS.

Ben
UH oh! Looks like Hayze and I have look alike cars. Mine has the stock 16 rims though, so thats prolly the only way to tell us apart. Oh and my hooker exhaust dual tips.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ben, Katie and I have been back to Rave on Saturday night a couple times. It is much, much, much better now. They have 2 cops in every theater playing a big movie. People talk - they get thrown out. I guess Rave was tired of losing business because of that crowd.

And those tires are gigantic; do they fit fine or did you have to modify the wheel wells?

Luke
Old 11-09-2005, 01:58 PM
TECH Regular

Ben, Katie and I have been back to Rave on Saturday night a couple times. It is much, much, much better now. They have 2 cops in every theater playing a big movie. People talk - they get thrown out. I guess Rave was tired of losing business because of that crowd.

And those tires are gigantic; do they fit fine or did you have to modify the wheel wells?

Luke
That's a good thing!! I have noticed a difference there. But I did almost drag some kid out by his nose/ear chain about a month ago! He was just trying to **** people off. Little turd.

Oh yes, the Titantic tires are awesome. With the Bogart's, all I had to do was literally grab the inner front bottom portion of the wheel well and push it in with my hand and they fit awesome!!! Gotta love the Bogart Wheels! My Strange Double Adjustable front shocks come in Tuesday! Those should really help me get some good traction. And I have a feeling I'm going to need as much traction as possible.

Last edited by 1BDHWK; 11-09-2005 at 06:30 PM.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Alot of people do the Red/Black color scheme, it looks badass on f-bodies. You guys should hook up with one2run, he has a black formula with WS6 hood and chrome zr1's (my old wheels ) and do a photoshoot. I believe he works on one of the military bases around here.

Ben, give me an estimate on how much your car will weigh, you've got just about everything stripped out of the car right and lightweight parts out the wazoo? Is it even going to be street legal?

Luke
Old 11-09-2005, 04:02 PM
12 Second Club

Is it even going to be street legal?

Luke
Yeah really! you did take a lot of stuff out, do you still have the stock carpet in there, or a lightwieght one? oh yeah if anyone is going to the blue angle airshow this weekend and wants coffee/ice cream ill give LS1Tech members two scoops for the price of one hey luke did you ever sell your car? how much are you asking for it again and what mods are still on it?
Andrew
Old 11-09-2005, 04:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Car is up for sale right now, gotta get it sold before I can find a project car.

It still has the headers, exhaust and LS6 intake manifold on it. I have my pulley on thermostat off if anyone is interested in those two items.

Luke
Old 11-09-2005, 06:58 PM
TECH Regular

Ben, give me an estimate on how much your car will weigh, you've got just about everything stripped out of the car right and lightweight parts out the wazoo? Is it even going to be street legal?

Luke
Street legal??? Oh, yes...it will be street legal. Steathly??? I think not.

Yeah really! you did take a lot of stuff out, do you still have the stock carpet in there, or a lightwieght one? oh yeah if anyone is going to the blue angle airshow this weekend and wants coffee/ice cream ill give LS1Tech members two scoops for the price of one hey luke did you ever sell your car? how much are you asking for it again and what mods are still on it?
Andrew
I'm not sure what the weight is. But let's see...if it doesn't support the motor or the frame, it's gone. If it's chromoly, tubular, and made for our cars, it's on there. Here is a quick pick of the motor. Ignore the IAT Plug sitting on the intake.

But when I'm done, I'm hoping for 3000-3100 lbs. I still have the stock carpet, but I'll fix that too.

Car is up for sale right now, gotta get it sold before I can find a project car.

It still has the headers, exhaust and LS6 intake manifold on it. I have my pulley on thermostat off if anyone is interested in those two items.

Luke
Ok....You are looking for a project car...and you are selling your car? That thing has project car written all over it!!!
Old 11-09-2005, 09:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Clean engine bay Ben. Thats suppose to make 500+hp n/a? I call BS. I do see a perty red K-member peaking out from underneath.

It would be nice to build the T/A into a monster like yours, but I have a hankering for something different. I'd definately love for it to be LS1 powered though. Light and nimble with plenty of power would be nice. But for now, I do not need a $250+ insurance payment.

Luke
Old 11-09-2005, 09:34 PM
TECH Regular

Clean engine bay Ben. Thats suppose to make 500+hp n/a? I call BS. I do see a perty red K-member peaking out from underneath.

It would be nice to build the T/A into a monster like yours, but I have a hankering for something different. I'd definately love for it to be LS1 powered though. Light and nimble with plenty of power would be nice. But for now, I do not need a $250+ insurance payment.

Luke
I'm not sure what you are looking at....the only mods it has are a lid and filter!

Ouch...$250+!! Seeing that makes me glad I'm older sometimes. Now I understand. I'm putting the word out on the base about your car too. Maybe it will help.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

I got a question for you guys. Anybody want to possibly help me install some coated pacesetter LTs, not this weekend, but the one after? I just ordered them along with Y pipe, GM gaskets, O2 sims & extensions, and AIR block-off plates. I have never attempted something this complicated before, and someone with header install experience might help me from doing something stupid or dangerous. A free 12 pack would be available if I have any takers. Thanks guys.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:58 AM
On The Tree

Hey Ben, this is Steve. A few of us are going to Holt Friday nite you wanna come out and play? Everybody else is invited too of course!

Quick Reply: Anyone From Pensacola post up with Pics!!