Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Next Level Performance Satellite Shops In Tampa/Miami, Looking for Input

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 11:44 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Posting from springfield on the PT.
Miami would be a good move. On another note, I need to see you later this month for some much needed tuning for my new cam.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:07 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree, Gainesville has a good speed shop with a dynojet but no real LS1 tuning experience, just mostly bolt-on stuff. They built motors and transmissions but nothing LS1 specific (except TH350/TH400/glide trannys). Maybe you can call them Mike, if you need the 411 let me know.

Derek
Old 06-06-2005, 08:29 PM
Staging Lane

Mike, Tampa is in needs of a good shop, and your reputation is Hot! I have talked to a couple of shops here in the Tampa area and was greatly dissappointed by the results.
I have a freind that has a SS that you built and I'm damned impressed!
I have been saving money to come see you anyway so closer would be Great!
I know a lot of people that would give you they're full support if you come to Tampa.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:46 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Joe99SS
Hey Mike,
I think there is still a plethora of cars and potential customers in the Tampa area. Yes there are other shops around here but none with the solid reputation that you have built up for so long now.
I'm from Tampa and agree. There are many speed shops but there is actaully only 1 I can think of that is more "LS1" friendly than the rest and only one person I know there can tune a car pretty good. This person does not have the reputation that you have. If people around Tampa knew that Mike Norris was opening a shop in Tampa I think you would have even more trouble keeping up than you do now and that's a good thing for you. I could use a tune right now but I'm not driving to central florida to get one. I'll take my chances with the local guy as he does a pretty good job tuning...just not as good as you from what I hear. =)
Old 06-07-2005, 02:30 PM
On The Tree

Miami/Ft. Lauderdale........No shops around other than Breathless..I will flush money down the toilet before a give it to them......I will be coming up there for a ture in about a month or so anyway....Please. God, We need a shop down here.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Joe99SS
Hey Mike,
I think there is still a plethora of cars and potential customers in the Tampa area. Yes there are other shops around here but none with the solid reputation that you have built up for so long now. It would definitely be a chore to get up and running at first but I think as long as you can keep the same level of detail and customer satisfaction/interface that you already have it would grow steadily in a very diverse and potent market.

With that said, you know where your cars are coming from and also where your potential customers are calling/visiting from. The numbers should speak for themselves. Either way, best of luck with your proposition and if you ever need any help just ask.

I agree with Joey too. You know where your customers are coming from. If you see alot of cars from this area, go for it, but wouldnt the hard part be finding some people to work it that can keep up the reputation?
Old 06-08-2005, 08:32 PM
FormerVendor

FWIW, it is the same distance from Melbourne to NLP as it is from Tampa. The drive isn't that bad. I know that there will be no shop in Melboring. Miami seems to be in need of a shop that knows something. Orlando and Miami would be good.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area DEF. needs a shop. BAD.
Old 06-11-2005, 08:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Mike,

I sent you PM.
Old 06-12-2005, 07:55 PM
On The Tree

It doesnt matter what they say. Your good. The word is out. I live in Jax. I don't care to drive to get it right. There are wrenchs here but no tuner with your credentials. Of course I would love to see a shop like yours here. If I need a tune as I did the other day I will send you the computer or drive/tow down. I believe you can't go by the failures of others. You have a following and quite a reputation. Go where the cars are coming from.

Last edited by mario65; 06-12-2005 at 08:00 PM.
Old 06-17-2005, 07:51 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey All,

I very much appreciate the kind words for sure as well as the input. Right now the Tampa area is higher on the list and we are talking with another company to team up with in the Dade/Broward area. If anyhting it would not be a fall to winter deal at this point unless a lot of stuff went smooth as glass, which rarely happens.

Keep the comments coming if you have any and again all is appreciated. Keep in mind that though we are mainly a late model GM shop, we are working on Ford's, Dodge's, imports and quite a few SUV's/trucks also. Thanks.

Mike Norris
Old 06-17-2005, 08:04 AM

Thats good to hear Mike. The more I think about it, the better the idea of you being in Tampa sounds. Cant wait to see ya over here man. Then I may be able to meet ya sometime
Old 06-17-2005, 10:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds good mike. There is absolutely NOTHING in the miami/ft. lauderdale area except for Breathless, which doesn't have the best reputation from what i've heard, and kelly chevrolet, which is only really a tuner. A move to that area would be a very profitable idea imo. Good luck with everything! I hope it works out for ya!
Old 06-18-2005, 08:46 AM
TECH Regular

Emotionally, South Florida is a booming metropolis with tons of expendable cash.

Financially, you will lose your a$$. There is a reason why there is no LS1 shop in South Florida. This is Ricer Heaven and Lookitme Country. When I take my Hawk out on a Sat or Sun, I am quite the oddity on the road. S'all about the bling-bling here. I've been driving F-bodies in South Florida since 1986 and businesses have come and businesses have gone. Mustang Specialties, Steeda are doing quite well up in Pompano. I've seen a dozen businesses litter the landscape down here where I dared to venture for a dyno or whatever. The only place that "sort of" does LS1 work is the highly overpriced and quality questionable stealership Kelly Chevrolet in Hallandale, and they're more of a C5 performance stall than anything else.

Do an online search for South Florida performance/race shops using the State of Florida Incorporation webpage and see a brief history of what you're proposing.

This 'aint Texas down here when it comes to high performance F-bodies by a long shot
Old 06-20-2005, 02:26 PM
On The Tree

miami please bring a shop to miami, there are a ton of tuner shops and no lsx specific shops for miles
Old 06-20-2005, 07:52 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why not Ft. Myers?
Corvette connection has shut down and you could have nearly the whole market in this area.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good talking to you today mike! definately top notch service is coming no matter what the area.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JZ'sTA
Why not Ft. Myers?
Corvette connection has shut down and you could have nearly the whole market in this area.
That's a huge surprise!!!! I was waiting to see how much longer they could possibly last. Ft. Myers has a huge F-body following right now. Tampa would also be a stellar market for you, Mike. Best of luck!

-Ray

Quick Reply: Next Level Performance Satellite Shops In Tampa/Miami, Looking for Input