Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Anyone going to Lakeland Dragstrip tonight?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 07:09 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok Just let me know. We are about to leave to go to Lakeland to check out the competion at Publix. For next week of course. Jeff is gonna have the silver Z out tonight.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:19 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn I wish I was home. Have fun. Tim.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:17 PM
9 Second Club

Well Tim youll never guess my luck. They put the motor in and it had a bad knock to it so they pulled it back out. Well #3 rod is .050 cut too high. So now its a waiting game for eagle to get me another one. Thank goodness it didnt damage my head when it hit it thats why it was so hard to figure out. So now I guess we won't be at Lakeland this week. Jeremy won't be back till monday even if the rod comes in this week. I am so pissed.
Heres some pics of the new motor.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone going to Lakeland Dragstrip tonight?-000_1502.jpg   Anyone going to Lakeland Dragstrip tonight?-000_1445.jpg   Anyone going to Lakeland Dragstrip tonight?-000_1489.jpg   Anyone going to Lakeland Dragstrip tonight?-000_1454.jpg  
Old 11-15-2005, 02:25 AM
Launching!

Ouch! I'm sorry to hear that. Are they replacing it for free? What are the details on the motor? 383 right?
Old 11-15-2005, 08:40 AM
TECH Resident

I was out at Publix saturday night , The silver z is pretty fast, he beat up on my buddies 406 firebird !
Old 11-15-2005, 10:30 AM
On The Tree

What time where you guys up there on SAT?
Old 11-15-2005, 11:33 AM
TECH Resident

I got there about 10:30 ! and there were alot of people there !

Last edited by ls1mongrel; 11-15-2005 at 07:28 PM.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:41 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by NoFive0
Ouch! I'm sorry to hear that. Are they replacing it for free? What are the details on the motor? 383 right?

Yes I went to Orlando to pick it up today. She will be running tomarrow. We will be going to publix this weekend but will have to watch we have to break her in. I would post the video of the new cam but I don't have a host to do it. Jeff is going with us next Monday to Rev Extreme to have her tuned he wants to have his retuned. Greg did the heads on the silver z and Jeff is happy as heck.
The motor is a 383. Our friends say its gonna be funny seeing a girl driving the car after this. Its gonna be no different to me. I drove it everyday before with the stock motor. Gas might kill me but I don't work that far away. We have a big race at Lakeland in a couple weeks so we have been hush hush on it. We found out the reagal has a 383 in it to. So now it will be a fair race.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:46 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by ls1mongrel
I was out at Publix saturday night , The silver z is pretty fast, he beat up on my buddies 406 firebird !

Casey?
Old 11-15-2005, 07:29 PM
TECH Resident

lol, yeah Casey
Old 11-16-2005, 05:11 AM
Launching!

Cool. Well I'll be home tomorrow night. So I will go out there Saturday night. Hope to see ya'll there. Tim.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:42 AM
On The Tree

I'll be out there this sat also around 9:30-10
Old 11-16-2005, 11:56 AM
TECH Resident

I hope to be out, putting gears in Saturday, and may try and get LT's and exhaust on too.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:05 PM
9 Second Club

Cool we will see ya there I am not for sure if it will be orange or sanded black and green . But I am sure where you see Jeff you will see us.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:33 PM
Launching!

Cool. Looks like we are gonna have a little group. See ya there.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:33 PM
9 Second Club

The TA will be in the paint shop Saturday I was just informed so we will be in the Tahoe. Just look for the poofy headed blonde
Old 11-20-2005, 12:56 PM
9 Second Club

Didn't see ya out there last night Tim. You didn't miss much. Cops came and we had to scat. Then they blocked the road a few miles down. They got smart. Jeff got away. They checked all the drivers then let us go. They detained us though. We all had to pull over on the side of the road. It was kinda funny in a way. They wanted to see under our hood and stuff. They have seen me race at LMSP. One of them owns the blue duely that gos there every now and then they were pretty cool. Kinda sucks cause we probably wont go back my car means too much to me to loose even for 10 days. A real good friend of mine and Gregs is a Polk Sherrif and he is up north so I didn't have a spy to worn me. I was looking forward to racing the silver Z next week too. He raced a cobra lastnight. He won. He took his cut out off to I wouldn't have done that just incase a cop did come. Besides he may need the extra horsepower from it I don't . It reminded me when I was a teenager and watching them street race in Poincianna. The road was way too skinny though. They were racing beside some of the cars and that was a little scary for me. The TA being parked right by the starting line. Some started past the cars.
Well I better scat gotta get the TA ready for Jeremy. Gotta be there by noon Monday. We might me going to Orlando speedworld this wenseday or friday Lakeland will be closed thursday for Thanksgiving. Talk at later.
Paula
Old 11-21-2005, 03:19 AM
Launching!

Yeah sorry I didn't make it. Me and a bunch of my friends got in a big fight. But, I guess it was kinda good I didn't go. I've never heard of them pulling people over like that, not if they weren't racing. Oh well. I got a little action though, I raced a black supra from a 100 mph roll coming back from Tampa. He wouldn't slow down at all, I wanted to go from 70 but he was being a b!tch. So we went to about 140 and he got me by about 4 or 5 legnths. I don't know what he had, he just kept hauling *** after that. But anyways, are ya'll going out to Lakeland Thursday, if so, let me know. Tim.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey paula/ls1queen - met you today at Rev Xtreme. i was the guy in shorts asking you a million questions about the drag radials. my name is john btw and moderate this forum. car sounds mean and hope you guys get the issue resolved to get formato to tune your car.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:47 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
hey paula/ls1queen - met you today at Rev Xtreme. i was the guy in shorts asking you a million questions about the drag radials. my name is john btw and moderate this forum. car sounds mean and hope you guys get the issue resolved to get formato to tune your car.
Hey John just to let you know we got home at 5:05am it was a pretty funny night. Let Jeremy know Greg and I said he is one of a kind no one else would have done that Jeffs Z had a problem with the fuel pump and they had to push his off. poor guy took him a couple hours to fix it. He went home at about 3:15am or so. Got the car tuned it was the PCM. Had to buy one from Jeremy. Boy but is she a beast now. She loves the juice.Greg scared the s@*t out of me when Jeremy had us drive it down the road. You'll have to ask Jeremy about the drag radials he seemed impressed Greg said. I feel bad for him though up late and my radar flew off the windshield and hit him then laned in the back. We did make it home in record time though .
Jeremy says my LS6 intake is robbing me of power its too small so guess I will be buying a fast intake soon. he said not to buy the throttle body though cause fast suck. So we seen one on the black vet with the red and we are going to check it out. You guys have to come to LMSP and atleast watch us. I told Jeremy I would take him down the track in it. Greg and I can take turns and take you guys. Plus we F-Bodys need a little help a lot of stangs at LMSP. Thursday nights gate open at 5pm and close at 11pm. Well gotta go get the beast ready to be painted. Tangerine Orange and black so don't look for the sanded black and green. This Thursday they are closed for Thanksgiving so if you guys decide to come wait till next week.
Hope to see ya guys at the track.
Paula

Quick Reply: Anyone going to Lakeland Dragstrip tonight?