Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Anyone going to Lakeland Dragstrip tonight?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 05:34 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well looks like we are heading to BMP this Thursday anyways. Need to avoid some drama at the track before I end up getting in trouble. Some big mouth that was suppose to bring his reagal to race wants me to race a drag reagal now said he isnt racing his reagal against me. Last Thursday I wanted to knock him out. I guess if you were there you seen the up in the face crap. Greg came close. I had to get out in the staging lanes and walk over to Greg. Best if we avoid the a hole for a while. Well hope to see some of ya at BMP this week.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:41 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Me and a group or friends are going out to BMP or Orlando on the 28th. Is anyone else up for a 1/4 run? I have to see what the car runs before I sell it. Tim.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:31 PM
9 Second Club

Hey Tim how have you been? Well I can talk to Greg we are going to BMP this thursday. We havent been to orlando in months. Still talk to Jim? Havent seen them at the track in a long time. Tell them we said hi and they need to come see the car at the track.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:46 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried to call Jim the first night I took the car out to the strip but he didn't want to go. I dunno. I'm doing pretty good, I'm in Texas right now, I'll be home in a couple weeks. BTW the car looks awesome, how do you like it? I noticed that you didn't put the side skirts back on it. Are you making it look like a formula or something? But yeah, let me know if ya'll wanna go out there. I got a buddy with a rotary talkin crap so maybe you can shut him up for me, haha. Let me know, Thanks, Tim.
Old 01-07-2006, 11:11 PM
TECH Regular

Well Greg and I went to Lakeland Thursday and not only did the tranny screw up The black guy with the Orange Nova who is always running his mouth to Greg and me pushed Gregs last button. It took 3 guys to hold Greg back and Laray held me back after he said something nasty to me and then a guy grabed me and held me back. Greg told him to stay away from him or he was gonnaknock him out and he just went to the burnout box and kept running his mouth and doing stupid stuff while Greg was in it. The tranny screwed up and Greg was hot. It was a bad night Roy Spiker the owner got mad at the guy and said something to him for saying what he did to me. If I would've got close to him I would have smacked the hell out of him. Greg said we are going to BMP as long as the tranny stuff works out. We are gonna avoid Lakeland this week. I am sure the a-hole will start again.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:13 AM
On The Tree

hey chevpower it was good meeting you last week I hope you guys can make it back out. I think I will be going to lakeland thrusday just have to see how the week goes
Old 01-08-2006, 12:26 AM
9 Second Club

Gregs in bed but We plan on comming this week he said he wants me to go this time. I think we might be going to Bradenton thursday to avoid any more drama. If tranny allows it. Darn 4L60Es
Old 01-09-2006, 09:44 AM
TECH Resident

I seen you guys arguing with someone 2 weeks ago, i was gonna come over and say but seen all the drama and stayed away, Ill be at BMP this Thursday to get a 1/4 time before I start tearing it down for new parts, Casey should be bringing his Firebird and Maybe a buddy who just got his c5 vette done with sts tt setup on it. Cya there !
Old 01-09-2006, 02:36 PM
TECH Regular

Damn I live 15 minutes away from the track and didnt know there this many of you from the Lakeland area or at least go to that track.... I need to get my car finished. Hey LS1 Queen, what regal is this? Was it a street car or a drag car?

Some a-h in a suped up regal goes flaming by my street all the time....Ever we since we moved over from Tampa, I have never heard more BS than here (Lakeland) in my life...LOL

Anyways, nice car! Like the orange.

Hello to everyone else in Lakeland!
Old 01-09-2006, 04:37 PM
9 Second Club

Well we cant make BMP this week too many people comming to watch me at Lakeland drag this Thursday.

But I am sorry I was informed its a cutlas. He runs a 6.90 or so. His is tubed out cant run 93 octane (but says he can). never drives it to the track and says its a daily driver( he has no tag or ins) but i will race him when the tranny and car is right there is a problem and it has never been fixed. I dont know if its something with the tunning or what. It has a hot start problem and the computer at the shop today said my fuel trims are bouncing all over the place. Maybe this Thursday you can come watch the drama at the track
Old 01-09-2006, 04:43 PM
9 Second Club

Mike you said you live about 15 min from the track we live about 15 to 20 min from the track Davenport by Haines City Where are you?
Old 01-09-2006, 05:00 PM
TECH Resident

Good luck with the drama, I wont be there this thursday, i want a 1\4 mile run before I start tearing it down for heads and cam this weekend :-)
Old 01-10-2006, 11:30 AM
TECH Regular

We live about 15 minutes in north Lakeland....about 2 miles west of 98, north side of I-4. Doesnt take me long to get to I-4 then SR33.

Been about 2 years since I have been to LMP....too long....moving and a new baby will do that to you

My mistake too...it is a cutlass that zips by me but his is street driven...not tubbed.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:25 PM
9 Second Club

well we will be there thursday gotta try for a better time
Old 01-10-2006, 05:13 PM
TECH Resident

BTW does anyone ever hang out anywhere anymore, last few times by Publix and it was dead !
Old 01-13-2006, 11:56 AM
9 Second Club

Hey new MPH update tranny hit the limiter a few times but still was a goodnight. ET was down. Dont know why but the MPH was there. Hit the big kit after 2nd gear and she did awsome. The dry kit felt weak can't say its the MAF we put a new one on last week.

We haven't been to publix since Jeff lied to us. Don't realy talk to him much.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone going to Lakeland Dragstrip tonight?-timeslip1100003.jpg   Anyone going to Lakeland Dragstrip tonight?-jan1206_0001.jpg  
Old 01-13-2006, 12:01 PM
TECH Resident

Glad you had a good run, BMP wasnt all that great, a fog was in and it was slick ! No one could get any Traction, I would spin and bog, but still got a 12.66 out of it .
Old 01-13-2006, 12:49 PM
9 Second Club

Well I guess its a good thing we went to LMSP plus that guy didnt even walk by us. He was told one more time starting trouble and he was out for a year. The tower told me they thought I wasn't going to come back I told them we were a little late. They said don't scare us like that Dessie and I get along great. We are gonna try to make it for this runday sunday a few guys was begging me to go lastnight. They said they wanna make some money on me. I dont even know if she will make it through the 1/4 yet. I want to try some 3.90 gears since we mostly race the 1/8 mile. You gonna go to runday sunday? Maybe we can all get a spot togeather we really dont know to many people at BMP and the ones we do don't really like the car. Like some yellow Z06.

Paula
Old 01-13-2006, 02:09 PM
Teching In

Default Orlando

Orlando Speed World Tonight .
Old 01-13-2006, 02:09 PM
TECH Resident

I seen the yellow z06, it looked quick but he had n/t on it so not sure what he ran,he was kinda funny doin his burnout in the water box, best thing for me all night was a 5.0 mustang with 10 point cage and huge b&m shifter run a 14.40 :-), I would love to go Sunday, but my afr's finally came in and I wanna get started tearing it down so I can get the motor done and tuned !

Quick Reply: Anyone going to Lakeland Dragstrip tonight?